X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

This MSG situation is ENRAGING

I am completely stuck since Fios is not available and Trees are blocking Direct TV signals

I am more pissed at MSG. They already ****ed Dish Network subscribers and now Time Warner.

I hope to God the Sabres cut ties with these *******s after their contract is up if not sooner....

• TheGhostofJimKelly
    • May 2003

Re: This MSG situation is ENRAGING

I heard that Comcast owns MSG, which means they are in absolutely no hurry to get a deal done with one of their competitors in TW. I think this is going to last a bit. Add that to the fact that they raised the price 56%.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
      • Feb 2005

I've been watching online. I went to my parents for the game Saturday night because they have directv. There's a bar on Delaware near my house I might have to visit Tuesday to watch.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
        • Jul 2002

The online feeds suck balls. I want them on my nice flatscreen.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
          The online feeds suck balls. I want them on my nice flatscreen.
          again, welcome to my world.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Cleve
            • Oct 2004

I'm sick of hearing 53%.

First, we don't know that it's an accurate number - but even if it's true maybe that's phased over 5 or 6 years of built in price automatic price increases per year?

Second, In other words, HOW MUCH EXTRA in dollars will it cost TW per subscriber per month???

This info has never been revealed.

Just to keep in perspective, Dish Network's Choice package for $60 a month offers the HD with DVR and MSG. My TW was over $100 a month and no longer offers MSG.

If TW is paying MSG $0.50 per subscriber, and MSG asks for $0.75, that's a FIFTY PERCENT INCREASE - but it's only $0.25 per customer. Hardly enough to break the bank.

TW should be providing MORE information.
            Last edited by Cleve; 01-09-2012, 10:12 AM.

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
            per play average than the Bills' offense!

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

two things.

1. msg kind comes off as human for taking these games off tv, no?
              2. if you own apple tv, you have the NHL app for your flatscreen. So all you have to do is get the nhl subscription for $20a month and watch the game that way. I am aware of blackout rules, but you could just register with your zipcode in a different town and pay your buddy to make the payment and be the address. that way, your blackout zone wouldn't be the buffalo games.

just a thought to get around it thurm.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus
                two things.

1. msg kind comes off as human for taking these games off tv, no?
                2. if you own apple tv, you have the NHL app for your flatscreen. So all you have to do is get the nhl subscription for $20a month and watch the game that way. I am aware of blackout rules, but you could just register with your zipcode in a different town and pay your buddy to make the payment and be the address. that way, your blackout zone wouldn't be the buffalo games.

just a thought to get around it thurm.
                All good thoughts. I will think about this if it drags out.

I don't have apple TV though.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                  All good thoughts. I will think about this if it drags out.

I don't have apple TV though.
                  The app is also available for PS3 and if you have a laptop with an HDMI out, you can stream through that to your flat screen as well.

And Apple TV is only $99 anyway, so it's not like it's a huge investment.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mski
                    • Mar 2006

you can get the NHL ap for any of the smart tv's... i know it came pre loaded on my samsung... and i dont think the sabres games are subject to blackouts in buffalo, I think their rules are more similar to MLB, where competing markets games are blacked out, kinda like why you cant get cleveland indian home games in buffalo, even with the MLB package, because we're considered the local market for the Yankees and Mets
                    RIP Tommy D!
                    12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

Comment

• Cleve
                      • Oct 2004

Here's the rule from NHL GameCenter LIVE FAQ

Can I watch my local team play? Can I watch nationally televised games?

Due to local blackout rules and regulations, games broadcasts that are available to watch on television in your local market and nationally televised games are not available to watch live or within 48 hours of game completion in NHL GameCenter LIVE™ (see below for other blackout scenarios).

Under this scenario can we watch Sabres games on the NHL service? Not sure if DirectTV qualifies as 'television in your local market'.

Does anyone HAVE this service? Can they confirm yes or no? My Direct TV install went belly up due to trees. Why do they put the satellites in such a low angle of orbit (30 degrees)? If the satellites were at 50 degrees azimuth, then there would be many more customers that could watch the damn things.
                      Last edited by Cleve; 01-09-2012, 12:41 PM.

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
                      per play average than the Bills' offense!

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Cleve
                        Here's the rule from NHL GameCenter LIVE FAQ

Can I watch my local team play? Can I watch nationally televised games?

Due to local blackout rules and regulations, games broadcasts that are available to watch on television in your local market and nationally televised games are not available to watch live or within 48 hours of game completion in NHL GameCenter LIVEā„¢ (see below for other blackout scenarios).

Under this scenario can we watch Sabres games on the NHL service? Not sure if DirectTV qualifies as 'television in your local market'.

Does anyone HAVE this service? Can they confirm yes or no? My Direct TV install went belly up due to trees. Why do they put the satellites in such a low angle of orbit (30 degrees)? If the satellites were at 50 degrees azimuth, then there would be many more customers that could watch the damn things.
                        I have Time Warner and Center Ice Package... and no, I don't get the Sabres. Center Ice Package treats me as though I have MSG.

Comment

• PTI
                          Banned
                          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by DMBcrew36
                          I have Time Warner and Center Ice Package... and no, I don't get the Sabres. Center Ice Package treats me as though I have MSG.
                          And it blocks the Sabres opponent games feed too typically I imagine.

Comment

• trapezeus
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by DMBcrew36
                            one thing that is confusing is that center ice is the package you get from the cable network that is on your TV.

There is NHL gamecenter which is for your computer. when you subscribe (same fee as center ice), you are given a username and login. When you log in, you have choice to which broadcast (home or away) that you want to hear. the feed is HD i believe. or at least it is when it streams HD sometimes it goes to a lower quality. Gamecenter also automatically records the last weeks worth of games so if you miss tonights game, you can start it from scratch to watch later

So with NHL gamecenter, you have the flexibility to watch on your laptop, sync up to your TV, watch on ipad, whatever. Center ice is just to your cable box.

So you may want to cancel centerice andget NHL game center. and for those with old computers etc, apple tv has an HDMI output and costs $99. it's wifi, so you don't need to plug in the internet to get it to work. then it will be on your TV when you are home. it works really well.

Since i don't live in buffalo, i'm not really aware of the blackout rules. i also don't have the nhl subscription. it's my friends and we watch at my place when he comes over.

Comment

• PTI
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by trapezeus
                              one thing that is confusing is that center ice is the package you get from the cable network that is on your TV.

There is NHL gamecenter which is for your computer. when you subscribe (same fee as center ice), you are given a username and login. When you log in, you have choice to which broadcast (home or away) that you want to hear. the feed is HD i believe. or at least it is when it streams HD sometimes it goes to a lower quality. Gamecenter also automatically records the last weeks worth of games so if you miss tonights game, you can start it from scratch to watch later

So with NHL gamecenter, you have the flexibility to watch on your laptop, sync up to your TV, watch on ipad, whatever. Center ice is just to your cable box.

So you may want to cancel centerice andget NHL game center. and for those with old computers etc, apple tv has an HDMI output and costs $99. it's wifi, so you don't need to plug in the internet to get it to work. then it will be on your TV when you are home. it works really well.

Since i don't live in buffalo, i'm not really aware of the blackout rules. i also don't have the nhl subscription. it's my friends and we watch at my place when he comes over.
                              Same with NFL Sunday package, while in Buffalo for Christmas I logged into my direcTV account on my laptop and we watched the blackout out Bills game against Broncos on the big screen.

Comment

Working...
                              X