Sanu would be perfect assuming we kept Johnson
    I added a bunch of LB/DE depth
    Green and Cunningham are some more weapons for Fitz
    Keenum is the perfect QB for Chan's spread
  • mysticsoto
    Too sober for this...
    • Apr 2004

Re: Put us in contention mock draft..

So we'd still have no real pass rush and no better depth for the Oline? Your title should say, "Put us in detention mock draft"

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mysticsoto
      So we'd still have no real pass rush and no better depth for the Oline? Your title should say, "Put us in detention mock draft"
      Seriously.

We need pash rush to get into contention not ANOTHER CB.....

Our CBs are by no means great but Williams seemed to come around nicely and Florence is servicable. Mckelvin stays on as 3rd CB and Punt returner.

Comment

• mysticsoto
        Too sober for this...
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
        Seriously.

We need pash rush to get into contention not ANOTHER CB.....

Our CBs are by no means great but Williams seemed to come around nicely and Florence is servicable. Mckelvin stays on as 3rd CB and Punt returner.
        One thing struck me from the Bronco/Steelers game. They had backups playing on the Dline due to injury. In essence, they were equivalent to our "non pass rush" dline. And yet, we whooped the broncos. Our secondary isn't elite, but it isn't horrible either. With a better pass rush, our defense will look MUCH better. We have ball hawks in our secondary. The Steelers allowed Tebow to shred their backfield - atleast for the 1st half before they made better adjustments.

Comment

• Mahdi
          • Mar 2004

One thing struck me from the Bronco/Steelers game. They had backups playing on the Dline due to injury. In essence, they were equivalent to our "non pass rush" dline. And yet, we whooped the broncos. Our secondary isn't elite, but it isn't horrible either. With a better pass rush, our defense will look MUCH better. We have ball hawks in our secondary. The Steelers allowed Tebow to shred their backfield - atleast for the 1st half before they made better adjustments.
          I like the idea of getting Kirkpatrick actually. This league is all about Qb and wr and the use of the quick passing game that can neutralize a good pass rush. You have to have a couple good CBs to be a good defense.

Dre is also 6'3 which is the evolution of prototype cornerbacks. He'll be able to match up with all the big receivers in the league that no one can stop.

As for pass rusher, I will be very surprised if the Bills don't spend big on one of the pass rushers that will be available in FA. We have no one AT ALL on the edge and even if we draft one its unlikely he will be a force right away. The bills will most likely sign a big time FA DE or OLB and that will allow us to go bpA.

Comment

• mysticsoto
            Too sober for this...
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Mahdi
            I like the idea of getting Kirkpatrick actually. This league is all about Qb and wr and the use of the quick passing game that can neutralize a good pass rush. You have to have a couple good CBs to be a good defense.

Dre is also 6'3 which is the evolution of prototype cornerbacks. He'll be able to match up with all the big receivers in the league that no one can stop.

As for pass rusher, I will be very surprised if the Bills don't spend big on one of the pass rushers that will be available in FA. We have no one AT ALL on the edge and even if we draft one its unlikely he will be a force right away. The bills will most likely sign a big time FA DE or OLB and that will allow us to go bpA.
            Yeah, but we also drafted Aaron Williams AND Justin Rogers last year. I wouldn't mind a CB in the lower rds, but pass rush is the most pressing need. And since the original poster doesn't mention anything about FA, if we go by draft alone, that HAS to be addressed much earlier than the 3rd rd. And no Oline either? Again, we had no depth last year - we can't remain that way again this next year!!!

Comment

• EDS
              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Mahdi

I will believe the Bills "sign[ing] a big time FA DE or OLB" when I see it.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                Too sober for this...
                • Apr 2004

Nix just mentioned in a live conference that pass rush is the definite #1 priority!!!

Comment

• Ed
                  Dude
                  • Sep 2002

No doubt that pass rush is our biggest priority, but I wouldn't complain about landing Kirkpatrick. CB is still a big need and Kirkpatrick would give us a great player at good value too.

Comment

• paladin warrior
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

Not CB in the 1st round.

1st round OLB Courtney Upshaw. If some other teams got him before 10#Bills maybe
                    OT Mike Adam Or WR,DE

2nd round WR or DE

3 round DE OR OL

4 round DT or DE
                    4 round again OL or ILB

5 round WR

6 round OLB OLB OLB

7 round WR

No more pick RB
                    Last edited by paladin warrior; 01-09-2012, 04:53 PM.

Comment

• JCBills
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by paladin warrior
                      Not CB in the 1st round.

1st round OLB Courtney Upshaw. If some other teams got him before 10#Bills maybe
                      OT Mike Adam Or WR,DE

2nd round WR or DE

3 round DE OR OL

4 round DT or DE
                      4 round again OL or ILB

5 round WR

6 round OLB OLB OLB

7 round WR

No more pick RB
                      Looks like we're going 4-3, so Upshaw wouldn't make much sense.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                        Buffalo Bills Fan
                        • Sep 2003

Nix just mentioned in a live conference that pass rush is the definite #1 priority!!!

Good 'ole Bills - once again, telegraphing their draft... :banghead:
                        Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                          Too sober for this...
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by stuckincincy
                          Good 'ole Bills - once again, telegraphing their draft... :banghead:
                          Maybe...or maybe they are giving FAs a head's up that there may be a place for you here...

Comment

Working...
                          X