X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Nix's plan - good and bad

I got the feeling they will get Stevie back.

But they will live with cash to cap AGAIN! Sounds like a Ralph (or his accounants) thing.

I agree with the others that Chandler might be gone. Nix emphasized that some guys looked better because of Chan, singled out that Chandler caught one pass prior to his Bills career when he was drafted by Smith and Nix a few years ago.
  • Thurmal
    • Oct 2005

Re: Nix's plan - good and bad

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh
    I got the feeling they will get Stevie back.

But they will live with cash to cap AGAIN! Sounds like a Ralph (or his accounants) thing.

I agree with the others that Chandler might be gone. Nix emphasized that some guys looked better because of Chan, singled out that Chandler caught one pass prior to his Bills career when he was drafted by Smith and Nix a few years ago.
    Typical dumb Bills.

"Hey, we've got our first legitimate TE in a decade that we can resign for next to nothing! Let's let him walk in free agency!"
    "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• mysticsoto
      Too sober for this...
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Thurmal
      Typical dumb Bills.

"Hey, we've got our first legitimate TE in a decade that we can resign for next to nothing! Let's let him walk in free agency!"
      Resign for next to nothing? I really doubt it, but if you have information here, let's hear it...

Comment

• Luisito23
        Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by mysticsoto
        Resign for next to nothing? I really doubt it, but if you have information here, let's hear it...

It might not be for next to nothing, but there's no excuse to let Chandler go anywhere...

He won't cost much, he's young, and we got the money...No excuse whatsoever.
        "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
        ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
        ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
        ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Thurmal
          • Oct 2005

And how is exactly is Chandler good just b/c of Gailey? Gailey has historically underutilized TEs.

Comment

• mysticsoto
            Too sober for this...
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Luisito23
            It might not be for next to nothing, but there's no excuse to let Chandler go anywhere...

He won't cost much, he's young, and we got the money...No excuse whatsoever.
            We also need 1-2 top DEs and 1-2 top WRs who are going to cost money. They've talked about resigning Stevie and FJ also. Neither is going to be cheap - even if we just extend Freddy 2-3 yrs or so, it's still going to cost.

Before I make any comments, I'd like to know what Chandler is looking for. but if he's looking for > $5 mil or so, he may just not be worth it.

Comment

• Buddo
              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Thurmal
              And how is exactly is Chandler good just b/c of Gailey? Gailey has historically underutilized TEs.
              Gailey is more than happy enough to use TEs if they are of any use. Gonzo had a good year in KC when Gailey was their OC. This stuff looks like it's going to become yet another of a long list of Bills 'myths'.

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

Why is everybody assuming that Chandler is willing to sign for 'next to nothing'?
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• trapezeus
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Oct 2004

in an offense that goes spread on almost all 3rd down situations, i dont think a TE his a huge deal. if chandler is off the mark with his request, it's worth letting him walk and keep improving the WR core. In the end, it's going to be a lot of WR's coming out onto the field.

If the bills were more conservative, i think chandler would be worth locking up. but if they are tossing money at DE and Wr's, you can let chandler go. he wasn't so dominant. he had great numbers this year, but let's not make him the Drew Stafford of the bills.

Comment

• kishoph
                    • Jun 2003

I think Chandler will remain with the BILLS.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                      • Jul 2003

Originally posted by YardRat
                      Why is everybody assuming that Chandler is willing to sign for 'next to nothing'?
                      He isn't going to get a big contract. He has one year of production, with 38 catches at 10 yards a catch. He showed up pretty good in the Red Zone, but that isn't going to get him big dollars. He probably earned himself a contract, but nothing so big the Bills can't afford it.

Comment

• Ed
                        • Sep 2002

Chandler was pretty lucky to get the opportunity he got this year and he made the most of it. This may be the only chance he ever gets to sign a significant deal. I don't blame him for wanting to try and get every penny he can, but I won't blame the Bills either if they elect not to overpay him. They know what his value is and if the money they save on his contract allows them to re-sign Stevie and add another legit WR, then let someone else overpay him and move on. There's no reason to expect him to sign for nothing though.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Maybe Chandler was approached about an extension and he decided that he wanted to explore his options in FA........he's certainly not a candidate for the tag

Comment

• Thurmal
                            • Oct 2005

Why do any of you honestly care if the Bills overpay someone? It's not your money, and we never have to worry about cap ramifications b/c the Bills are $20 million under it all the time anyway.

Chandler will resign for a moderate amount if it is offered, and if the Bills have to give him a little more than everyone else, so be it. We need to start keeping talented guys we develop.

Comment

Working...
                            X