PDA

View Full Version : WGR Statement on Sabres

SabreEleven
01-09-2012, 10:59 AM
So I'm listening to Buddy Nix's press conference and just as it ended, Jeremy White makes this statement as they are going off the air "Sabres JUST started there practice". He made it sound like they were suppose to start practice much early and then he went on to say "and Nathan Gerbe is the only one on the ice"

Is there a munity on the Sabres or is Ruff giving them an extended major ass chewing?

SabreEleven
01-09-2012, 11:02 AM
Maybe they traded the whole team except Nathan Gerbe.

PTI
01-09-2012, 11:06 AM
Ruff should really just step down if there mutiny

PTI
01-09-2012, 11:08 AM
Maybe they traded the whole team except Nathan Gerbe.

Well, Gerbe, Kaleta, and Leino and Vanek were the only guys who seemed to give full effort last game to me.

Mski
01-09-2012, 11:38 AM
i'm guessing ass chewing is the reason... maybe he's making the rest of the team ride the bikes

Mski
01-09-2012, 11:40 AM
according to sabres twitter accnt, Roy and Sekera were wearing the red "im a sissy" jerseys

PTI
01-09-2012, 11:43 AM
according to sabres twitter accnt, Roy and Sekera were wearing the red "im a sissy" jerseys

I am fine if Vanek wears on one those in practice all season long.

SabreEleven
01-09-2012, 03:24 PM

Roy has been playing like he has been wear a red jersey all year long.

clumping platelets
01-10-2012, 03:03 AM
Roy has been playing like he has been wear a red jersey all year long.

That's why he needs to go!

Cleve
01-10-2012, 06:18 AM
Why is it such a hard decision for the Sabres to cut Roy loose? EVERYONE should have realized when the Sabres started playing a LOT better after his injury last year that he brings NOTHING to the table.

We're at the half-way point of the season now - in theory there's still a chance to get in the playoffs IF changes are made NOW. It's not gonna get better unless ACTION is taken - there needs to be firings and a shakeup to get those guys out of their complacency . Roy would be a GREAT place to start with firings.

OpIv37
01-10-2012, 07:04 AM
Why is it such a hard decision for the Sabres to cut Roy loose? EVERYONE should have realized when the Sabres started playing a LOT better after his injury last year that he brings NOTHING to the table.

We're at the half-way point of the season now - in theory there's still a chance to get in the playoffs IF changes are made NOW. It's not gonna get better unless ACTION is taken - there needs to be firings and a shakeup to get those guys out of their complacency . Roy would be a GREAT place to start with firings.

I agree, but unfortunately the NHL has guaranteed contracts, so it's not that easy. If they flat out cut him, they still have to eat his cap hit and I believe they still have to pay him, so essentially we'd be paying him to NOT be on the team.

The only other option is to find a trading partner, but it's not a video game. The rest of the NHL GM's see the same problems with Roy that we do.

Mski
01-10-2012, 09:19 AM
The only other option is to find a trading partner, but it's not a video game. The rest of the NHL GM's see the same problems with Roy that we do.what problem? thats he can be a ppg player, that doesnt get along with the other guys on this team?

i think the other GM's will see him as a talented player, who is just in a bad situation, and think that a change to their team is something that he would need.

rumor this past offseason was that Roy was one of the guys Ottowa wanted in return for Sepzza

SkateZilla
01-10-2012, 11:40 AM
I agree, but unfortunately the NHL has guaranteed contracts, so it's not that easy. If they flat out cut him, they still have to eat his cap hit and I believe they still have to pay him, so essentially we'd be paying him to NOT be on the team.

The only other option is to find a trading partner, but it's not a video game. The rest of the NHL GM's see the same problems with Roy that we do.

Paying him to not be here might be better than paying him to be here at this point.

Roy is injured, watch the team go like 4-1 in the next 5,

Mski
01-10-2012, 12:21 PM
Paying him to not be here might be better than paying him to be here at this point.

Roy is injured, watch the team go like 4-1 in the next 5,it was just tweeted that he will participate in the pre game warm ups, and be a game time decision

SkateZilla
01-10-2012, 03:13 PM
Someone should trip him or put something in his gatorade bottle.