• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Another WR? I just thought of a name I haven't seen discussed

Plaxico Burress.

Big, can catch, a red zone threat. Can certainly catch balls above defenders.

Guys like V-Jax, Colston, and draftee's like Floyd, Jones, and others make sense.

But Plax would seem to make sense too and may cost only 3-4 mill per. Yes he's 34 but he also took a few years off

Thoughts?

YearTeamGRecYdsY/GAvg100+TDRushYdsY/GAvg100+TDLostYdsTDYdsTD
    2011NYJ164561238.313.60800.0.00000000
    Last edited by X-Era; 01-09-2012, 02:34 PM.

• Mski
    • Mar 2006

Re: Another WR? I just thought of a name I haven't seen discussed

i thought buddy was a "high caracter guy" and thats why he wanted to trade lynch... i like Plaxico as a football player, but i think his off the field issue will keep him off Nix's radar
    RIP Tommy D!
    12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Dont think we want to shoot ourselves on the foot by hiring a player with issues.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• EDS
        • Jan 2003

Plex is ancient, damaged goods and at best a number 3 receiver at this point. No thanks.

Comment

• JCBills
          • Jan 2010

I'd rather bring in someone who could be here more than a few seasons. Good thought though never hurts to look.

The Giants seem to have WRs that come out of nowhere every year. Victor Cruz (UDFA 2010) Mario Manningham (3rd rounder, stock fell due to slow 40, blew up in 09/10) Steve Smith (2nd rounder that did nothing until he blew up in 09). Seems to have to do more with Eli giving them chances to be playmakers.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
            The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
            • Feb 2005

plax on the other side of stevie after stevie's childish display? Not likely LOL
            In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• baalworship
              • May 2003

I am starting to think Alshon Jeffery will be getting a look by Buddy. Buddy likes big players and he drafted Vincent Jackson. Alshon is a beast at 6'4" 230+ lbs and might be a value +stated need at #10 overall.

Comment

• Demon
                • Mar 2003

Theres no way the Bills draft a WR in the first round. That's what near complete teams do. Add to some weak spots to get them over the hump. The Bills had no pass defense, no run defense and no pass rush last season. Top FA priority must be defense. First round pick must be OLB or CB. Just must be.

We have Marcus Easley, remember.
                Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• baalworship
                  • May 2003

Originally posted by Demon
                  Theres no way the Bills draft a WR in the first round. That's what near complete teams do. Add to some weak spots to get them over the hump. The Bills had no pass defense, no run defense and no pass rush last season. Top FA priority must be defense. First round pick must be OLB or CB. Just must be.

We have Marcus Easley, remember.

It worked out ok for the Bengals last year. I actually favor a pass rusher but if no one is there worth the tenth pick WR is an actual need. I love Easley but we can't count on him because he has never been healthy and has never done anything in the NFL yet.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

we know that you don't have to be a top draft pick for Fitz to throw to you and make you look serviceable which is why I don't think the bills will use their 1st pick on a wr especially of there is a players that can help the D more by the time we pick.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• ThunderGun
                      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by baalworship
                      I am starting to think Alshon Jeffery will be getting a look by Buddy. Buddy likes big players and he drafted Vincent Jackson. Alshon is a beast at 6'4" 230+ lbs and might be a value +stated need at #10 overall.
                      I REALLY want Jeffery.

I don't know though....10 seems high for him, and big WR's are very hit-and-miss. I'd hate to take such a big gamble, when we have so many other needs. I hope his stock falls a little bit, and we can get him in the 2nd.

Comment

• JCBills
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by baalworship
                        Not a top 10 pick, maybe/probably not even 1st rounder after the year he had.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Looks like he got fat.

Comment

• X-Era
                          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by JCBills
                          Not a top 10 pick, maybe/probably not even 1st rounder after the year he had.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Looks like he got fat.
                          Not a fan of him. Attitude issues, takes plays off, and won't block... pass.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                            • Jul 2002

NO

Comment

• JCBills
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by X-Era
                              Not a fan of him. Attitude issues, takes plays off, and won't block... pass.
                              Yeah, with a decent class, no need to go after 1 year wonders with big question marks.

Comment

Working...
                              X