PDA

View Full Version : Whitner rips Gailey

HAMMER
01-09-2012, 02:53 PM
What a a tool, I don't recall Gailey ever throwing anyone under the bus.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/51949/donte-whitner-rips-chan-gailey

BLeonard
01-09-2012, 03:00 PM
"Whitner added that Gailey would publicly assign blame when things were going bad."

Don't recall Gailey ever doing that, but, Whitner is *****ing about Gailey actually holding players accountable...? I'm not a big Gailey guy, but if a certain player screws up, why shouldn't that player take the heat?

"Whitner said Jets head coach Rex Ryan 'will never throw his players under the bus, and he puts all the pressure on himself.'"

How's that working out for Rex, again...?

IMO, Whitner should be focusing on New Orleans, not Chan Gailey.

-Bill

Demon
01-09-2012, 03:14 PM
How's that working out for Rex, again...?

2 out of 3 years in playoffs, both in AFC Championship game.

I really don't think we're in any shape to be throwing stones at fat Rex or the Jets, don't you? We're the laughing stock of the NFL. What Arizona Cardinals used to be. Or the Detroit Lions. Now THOSE fan bases look at us and laugh.

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-09-2012, 03:16 PM
Geez, this guy never shuts up.

BLeonard
01-09-2012, 03:22 PM
2 out of 3 years in playoffs, both in AFC Championship game.

I really don't think we're in any shape to be throwing stones at fat Rex or the Jets, don't you? We're the laughing stock of the NFL. What Arizona Cardinals used to be. Or the Detroit Lions. Now THOSE fan bases look at us and laugh.

Apparently, you haven't read about all of the turmoil in the Jets' locker room recently.

Also, I'm not really "throwing stones" at Rex here. I'm simply saying that Whitner is making him sound like a "model coach," when in fact, his team is falling apart around him.

-Bill

SABURZFAN
01-09-2012, 03:22 PM
somebody fly patmoran out to San Francisco to kick his ass.

justasportsfan
01-09-2012, 03:23 PM
somebody fly patmoran out to San Francisco to kick his ass.
:snicker:

psubills62
01-09-2012, 03:23 PM
Apparently, you haven't read about all of the turmoil in the Jets' locker room recently.

Also, I'm not really "throwing stones" at Rex here. I'm simply saying that Whitner is making him sound like a "model coach," when in fact, his team is falling apart around him.

-Bill
That's because Ryan's style of coaching (being buddy-buddy with the players) works fine if you're winning. Not so much if you're losing.

Harbaugh is very different from Rex Ryan. His style of coaching, to me, seems to work in both cases. The guy is a class act, tough, but authoritative at the same time. He commands your respect.

Joe Fo Sho
01-09-2012, 03:26 PM
Harbaugh is very different from Rex Ryan. His style of coaching, to me, seems to work in both cases. The guy is a class act, tough, but authoritative at the same time. He commands your respect.

And you sure as hell better be ready for the post game handshake of your life.

baalworship
01-09-2012, 03:27 PM
Whitner got dumped by his girl and he is still mad. The End.

don137
01-09-2012, 03:47 PM
There is a reason why Whitner got a lot less than what he wanted when he hit free agency: he is average at best and he is very immature. San Fran is winning because of the talent around him his very good and con cover his deficiencies.
Such a comment will hurt him the next time he hits free agency since no one wants someone like that on their team that belittles the coaches, the fans, etc. And makes a fool out of himself on social networking sites.

don137
01-09-2012, 03:50 PM
One more thing. I guess this gives us a reason to root for the Saints this weekend.

trapezeus
01-09-2012, 03:51 PM
to be fair, gailey could have called whitner during the lockout, broke those rules, and said, "we really aren't impressed with you, so if you were to do something as idiotic as get a Buffalo Bill Tattoo on your arm, that's really your decision."

I also look forward to the moppy donte that can't figure out how drew brees dismantled his team when he was just so sure his team was going to win. "oh talent matters?"

49ers are a fraud, they'll be badly exposed this weekend.

YardRat
01-09-2012, 04:11 PM
Whitner is going to get his ass kicked this weekend...tight ends with a helluva lot less ability than Jimmy Graham have made him look like a fool.

kishoph
01-09-2012, 04:33 PM
Chan has gone out of his way to put the blame on himself, I don't remember 1 time Chan throwing one of his players under the bus, even though many deserved it. Whitner is a POS that's trying to blame someone else for his terrible play as a Bill.

Mski
01-09-2012, 04:35 PM
Chan has gone out of his way to put the blame on himself, I don't remember 1 time Chan throwing one of his players under the bus, even though many deserved it. Whitner is a POS that's trying to blame someone else for his terrible play as a Bill.he's called Fitz out, sort of, i remember him saying that he needs to play better, and he called out the oline before the season started, but that was more of a general statement

psubills62
01-09-2012, 04:43 PM
Whitner is going to get his ass kicked this weekend...tight ends with a helluva lot less ability than Jimmy Graham have made him look like a fool.
I'm trying to remember...which WR was it on Dallas who got the game-winning TD in OT?

more cowbell
01-09-2012, 06:03 PM
Who is Donte Whitner?

BLeonard
01-09-2012, 06:13 PM
I'm trying to remember...which WR was it on Dallas who got the game-winning TD in OT?

Pretty sure it was Jesse Holley... What, never heard of him??

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Cowboys-sign-winner-of-Michael-Irvin-s-reality-T?urn=nfl-277422

In the summer of 2009, Holley was the winner of the Michael Irvin-hosted reality show "4th and Long." His reward for outlasting 11 other competitors on the Spike TV program? An invitation to Dallas Cowboys training camps.

So, yeah... A reality contestant burned Donte...

-Bill

NOT THE DUDE...
01-09-2012, 08:41 PM
the vet wilson and the youngster searcy are better!

TigerJ
01-09-2012, 11:02 PM
When you're standing in front of the bus as it approaches you, then you take a dive toward it, that's not your coach throwing you under it.

BertSquirtgum
01-09-2012, 11:05 PM
Hey Whitner. You still suck.

RedEyE
01-10-2012, 06:58 AM
I have more respect for someone that understands the importance of not sugar coating things and tells "it like it is" in a respectable manner. Harboring your emotions and thoughts and acting out in passive agressive manner only confuses people and leaves the agressor looking like a full on d i c khead.

Whitner uses Twitter as a platform for his voice because he's too f'n scared to actually say what he's thinking about someone to that someone. Hides behind his smartphone/computer. And as soon as someone calls him out on it he changes his story to avoid confrontation.

Back where I come from, that's called being a pussy.

ServoBillieves
01-10-2012, 07:45 AM
What a conplete jackass.

Ko Simpson > Donte Whitner.

OpIv37
01-10-2012, 07:56 AM
I don't think I've ever disliked a Bill/former Bill as much as Whitner.

Congratulations, Donte. You managed to out-jackass Willis McGahee.

jamze132
01-10-2012, 07:59 AM
Classless *****.

better days
01-10-2012, 08:17 AM
Being a Bucs fan, it is not easy to root for the Saints. Thanks Donte, you just made that easier for me to do against the 49ers who I also detest.

Jan Reimers
01-10-2012, 08:24 AM
I never cared a lot about what Whitner said when he was a Bill. I care nothing now.

better days
01-10-2012, 08:33 AM
I never cared a lot about what Whitner said when he was a Bill. I care nothing now.

Well, Dontes average at best play was aggravating, but his constant tweeting was damn annoying to me. He & McGahee are the two former Bills I am MOST happy to not see in a Bills uniform any longer.

OpIv37
01-10-2012, 08:36 AM

I try not to pay attention to that stuff, but Donte just got under my skin. I can deal with guys talking **** if they perform on the field, but he didn't. He ran his mouth and never backed it up.

Then, to make it even worse, I had to come on here and see the Whitner Anti-Defamation League defending him and blaming everyone from the coaches to the DL for his poor play.

It was infuriating.

Hopefully Brees will be whizzing TD passes by his head in bunches, just like Brady did when Whitner was here.

Jan Reimers
01-10-2012, 09:00 AM
Idiots like Donte are the biggest reason I don't Tweet or belong to Facebook. Both contain far too much insignificant, trivial information from too many people with big egos and small brains.

trapezeus
01-10-2012, 09:03 AM
it'll be very enjoyable watching donte try to keep up with the Saints offense. curious if the saints pre game meeting is a warning to the wide outs. "look guys, you are going to get past their SAfety. what i need you to know is once you are in the endzone, turn around because he's probably going to blast you 5 yards deep. Look alive out there!"

OpIv37
01-10-2012, 09:13 AM
Idiots like Donte are the biggest reason I don't Tweet or belong to Facebook. Both contain far too much insignificant, trivial information from too many people with big egos and small brains.

I have Facebook but I severely limit my time on there for that exact reason. I can rarely go more than 10 minutes without reading some ignorant, gossipy nonsense- not to mention the people who think they need to update their status for whatever mundane life activity they're doing at the moment.

I only have Twitter because there's a guy who tweets bootleg Sabres feeds. I never post or check it for anything other than that.

Buffalogic
01-10-2012, 11:59 AM
Uh oh looks like donte needs another tasing!