PDA

View Full Version : Forked Thread: Bama vs. LSU GDT

BLeonard
01-09-2012, 08:23 PM
You'd think these stadiums would be able to get their **** together regarding the seating:
http://espn.go.com/college-football/bowls11/story/_/id/7444159/allstate-bcs-championship-game-fans-find-seats-now-media-area

The top two rows of the upper deck were turned into an overflow area for the media, with one of the rows covered by tables. Fans complained that they paid for those seats but wouldn't be allowed to use them.

The mix-up is similar to a situation that occurred at last year's Super Bowl in Arlington, Texas, where some temporary seating had not been inspected and couldn't be used. Some angry fans had to watch the game on televisions in a lounge at Cowboys Stadium.

Incidentally, the Super Bowl will be in the Superdome next season and auxiliary media seating will be needed for that game as well.

One of the fans affected by the BCS ticket mix-up was Timothy Rodrigue of Denham Springs, who'd paid face value for a seat -- $300 -- that was beneath the retrofitted auxiliary press table.

"It's a great exercise in crisis management for the dome at this point," Rodrigue said sarcastically. "At least I feel good that they're getting this out of the way before the Super Bowl happens next year, but it's certainly an inconvenience for all these people. People are freaking out."

He said he was promised by ushers that he would be moved to the lower level of the stadium, also known as the plaza. Seats in that level are more expensive, but Rodrigue, who is familiar with the dome from attending Saints games there, was not particularly interested in moving.

"The problem is, it's 30 minutes to kickoff and I don't want to go sit in the plaza level if I'm not going to be able to see the game now," he said. "I don't want to sit 12 rows from the field. I want to be able to see what's going on.

"This is more akin to what I'm used to in Tiger Stadium and I'd rather be up high. These seats are great."

-Bill