PDA

View Full Version : McKelvin having surgery

BLeonard
01-10-2012, 02:28 PM
http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2012/01/10/mckelvin-having-surgery/

Bills CB Leodis McKelvin is having shoulder surgery today (Tuesday).

That according to McKelvin himself who tweeted as much this afternoon.

LMckelvin21 Bout to have surgery.

LMckelvin21 Shoulder

No word at this point as to what part of McKelvin’s shoulder will be repaired. McKelvin appeared in all 16 games in 2011 including six starts.

-Bill

Ed
01-10-2012, 02:36 PM
Is McKelvin a free agent after 2012 or 2013?

Night Train
01-10-2012, 03:22 PM
Wish him luck and hope for a smooth recovery. We need CB's and he's also our punt returner.

madness
01-10-2012, 03:26 PM
I figured the injury was more his neck since he had trouble turning around and making a play on the ball...

Mski
01-10-2012, 03:27 PM
a nagging shoulder injury could explain his in ability to get his hands up, and make plays on the ball

better days
01-10-2012, 05:27 PM
a nagging shoulder injury could explain his in ability to get his hands up, and make plays on the ball

I tore my rotator cuff in my left shoulder. I would not be surprised if that is McKelvins injury. If he did not tear it all the way through, he could have finished the year without surgery.

I had to have surgery on mine & can tell you both the surgery (they have to drill a large hole in the collar bone) & rehab were PAINFUL. I still have pain in my shoulder, but have full motion of my arm. The good news is if that is what he has he should make a full recovery & be ready to go for training camp.

Forward_Lateral
01-11-2012, 09:51 AM
He's useless as a corner, but he's a weapon in the return game.

OpIv37
01-11-2012, 10:59 AM
hopefully it's talent infusion surgery.

Cleve
01-11-2012, 11:06 AM
hopefully it's talent infusion surgery.

In addition to talent I hope they surgically graft some velcro to his palms so he doesn't fumble at a crucial time - like the time he ineptly and stupidly cost us a win on Monday Night Football against the NE Patriots - that was one of the most embarrassing single moments for the Bills in the last decade IMHO - and it confirmed the Bills as losers in the minds of the national television audience..

On most teams a guy like this wouldn't even still be playing - but most teams player and personnel decisions aren't made by a 94 year old man either.

better days
01-11-2012, 12:24 PM
In addition to talent I hope they surgically graft some velcro to his palms so he doesn't fumble at a crucial time - like the time he ineptly and stupidly cost us a win on Monday Night Football against the NE Patriots - that was one of the most embarrassing single moments for the Bills in the last decade IMHO - and it confirmed the Bills as losers in the minds of the national television audience..

On most teams a guy like this wouldn't even still be playing - but most teams player and personnel decisions aren't made by a 94 year old man either.

I think the Bills HC should have told him to NOT take the ball out of the end zone. He did not fumble the ball, the Pats* RIPPED it out of his hands & Jauron SHOULD have known they would try to do that.

OpIv37
01-11-2012, 12:26 PM
I think the Bills HC should have told him to NOT take the ball out of the end zone. He did not fumble the ball, the Pats* RIPPED it out of his hands & Jauron SHOULD have known they would try to do that.

The coaches should have told him and he should have known better regardless of what the coaches told him.

And the Pats ripped it out of his hand because he was fighting for an extra 2 yards which were largely irrelevant at that point in the game.

Cleve
01-11-2012, 12:50 PM
The coaches should have told him and he should have known better regardless of what the coaches told him.

And the Pats ripped it out of his hand because he was fighting for an extra 2 yards which were largely irrelevant at that point in the game.

Can't blame the Patriots - the New England special teams players were able to put out of their minds their disbelief that 1. NOT EVEN A BUFFALO BILLS PLAYER could be DUMB ENOUGH to return that kick, could he?????? and 2. - IS HE NOT EVEN SMART ENOUGH TO PROTECT THE BALL??? and capitalize on his huge mistake.

Boy, discussing this is making me angry about it again. McKelvin sucks and so do the Bills for keeping him on the roster.

don137
01-11-2012, 12:57 PM
Surgery can't fix stupid and he makes countless stupid mistakes with the fumble against NE at the top of the list.

better days
01-11-2012, 01:24 PM
Can't blame the Patriots - the New England special teams players were able to put out of their minds their disbelief that 1. NOT EVEN A BUFFALO BILLS PLAYER could be DUMB ENOUGH to return that kick, could he?????? and 2. - IS HE NOT EVEN SMART ENOUGH TO PROTECT THE BALL??? and capitalize on his huge mistake.

Boy, discussing this is making me angry about it again. McKelvin sucks and so do the Bills for keeping him on the roster.

I agree he was stupid for running the ball out, but I still blame it more on Jauron because he should have told McKelvin DO NOT try to return the ball if it goes in the end zone.