X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wally The Barber
    • Jul 2007

I knew it, unknown injury screwed up Fitzpatrick

One criticism in Ticat Nation may be that, at five dozen years of age, Cortez is of a completely different generation and mindset than the people who will wear the uniform. But that’s only as relevant as the coach makes, or lets, it be. His job in Buffalo was to work with a 29-year-old quarterback and that pivot was very effective, and sometimes brilliant, until an unpublicized injury reduced his effectiveness in the latter half of the season. And we will state again: Henry Burris will be completely behind Cortez’s hire. Unless, and until, there are any larger issues that’ll be good enough for his new teammates. SNIP>

http://www.thespec.com/sports/ticats...run-the-ticats

Last edited by Wally The Barber; 01-10-2012, 05:39 PM.
    Beware of Sarcasm
  • better days
    • Jan 2010

Re: I knew it, unknown injury screwed up Fitzpatrick

If true, that would explain why Fitz went into the crapper.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
      • May 2009

I want to know what was hurt, and if he was so hurt to make him look so bad, why the **** was he still playing? Some doink like Jake Delhomme could have came in and played better.
      Last edited by BertSquirtgum; 01-10-2012, 05:43 PM.

Comment

• streetkings01
        • Jul 2006

I'm hoping this is true.........Fitz before and after the Skins game was nite and day.
        You can call me streetkings

Comment

• Wally The Barber
          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by BuffaloBills06
          I'm hoping this is true.........Fitz before and after the Skins game was nite and day.
          It was that hit from London Fletcher, I know he worn a flack jacket after the injury.
          Beware of Sarcasm

Comment

• Thurmal
            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts
            I want to know what was hurt, and if he was so hurt to make him look so bad, why the **** was he still playing? Some doink like Jake Delhomme could have came in and played better.
            He wasn't hurt; it's just an excuse to justify bringing his mediocre ass back next year and, likely, the next three or four.

The guy had, like, four solid games all year. Even in his signature win against New England he threw a couple picks. He is what he is.
            "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• Wally The Barber
              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Thurmal
              He wasn't hurt; it's just an excuse to justify bringing his mediocre ass back next year and, likely, the next three or four.

The guy had, like, four solid games all year. Even in his signature win against New England he threw a couple picks. He is what he is.
              Ha, probably right!
              Beware of Sarcasm

Comment

• Night Train
                Retired - On Several Levels
                • Jul 2005

So rumors of a " High beard strain " may be true !
                Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Raptor
                  • Jan 2009

Wouldn't the Bills catch some **** for not putting it on the injury report week after week?

Comment

• Jeff1220
                    H to the 12:20
                    • Jul 2002

This could also be spin by the Ticats in order to sell Cortez to their fanbase. It would answer the question about "if Cortez is so great, why did Fitz play so bad down the stretch?"

Comment

• PTI
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2011

Then Gailey should be fired then.

Comment

• TigerJ
                        • Jul 2002

My thoughts:

If he started wearing a flack jacket, it was most likely a rib injury. If so, I know they can be pretty painful and certainly impact accuracy negatively.

That he continued to play despite his complete ineffectiveness suggests Gailey's complete lack of confidence in Fitz's backup (Thigpen). That being apparently true, one has to wonder why Thigpen is on the team and why wouldn't Buffalo look for someone they'd be comfortable with starting a few games if need be?
                        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Don't Panic
                          All-Pro Zoner
                          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by THE SLAMMER
                          It was that hit from London Fletcher, I know he worn a flack jacket after the injury.
                          I bet you're right... I bet that is that hit that turned the season.

Comment

• mikemac2001
                            is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by THE SLAMMER

Forgot about that....he got crushed and ya it was ribs after that he was not the same

MUCK
                            FIAMI

Comment

• BillsFever21
                              • Aug 2004

Who knows if he had an injury or not. Even if he did we still wouldn't have made the playoffs. Anyone even thinking a completely healthy Fitzpatrick would've kept up with the same pace as the first month of the season is being delusional.

With how bad our defense was it would've taken a Top 5 QB type level of play to still win most of them games during our 1-8 stretch. If he was hurt then he should've been on the bench recovering. Especially after we hit 5-5 and the season was tanked.

Either that or if he was injured during the Redskins game he should've been on the bench for a couple weeks or so to recover and still try to salvage the rest of the season and hope to make a run towards the playoffs. We were going on a 3 game road trip that is never easy so it would've been a good time for him to try and heal. At all costs they should've made sure they tried to have him ready for the 3rd game of the trip against the Jets and beyond when that game along with the rest of them after that were of the most importance of any playoff hopes.

Even IF he was injured there wasn't a chance they were going to sit him unless there wasn't any other choice after hastily giving him that big contract.

Also almost every QB(or player) in the league is dealing with some type of injuries outside of maybe a handful of them and even them ones are dinged up. If he was that injured where it was effecting his play that bad then he shouldn't have been in the lineup and it makes Gailey look like even worse as a HC then he already is.
                              Last edited by BillsFever21; 01-10-2012, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X