X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lmcshadow
    • Nov 2007

Cliff Averil $$$

Seems like some DE's are starten to look good for a new start in Buffalo, Cliff Averil might not be a Lion next year. Think it might work
    The enemy deserves no mercy....mercy is for the weak.
  • ServoBillieves
    The Voice of Reason
    • Jul 2007

Re: Cliff Averil $$$

Who is Cliff Averil
    Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• Ed
      • Sep 2002

I think he means Cliff Avril, the DE for the Lions. 11 sacks, 6 FF, 1 INT, 4 PD. Avril is going to kill it in free agency this year. The Bills would have to shell out some serious cash to get him. It's also debatable how good he is since he plays with some great DT's, but then again I think we have some great DT's in Williams and Dareus.

If the Bills are serious about getting a pass rusher, he's one of the few options in free agency. Otherwise we're going to have to count on rookies and Merriman.

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
        • Feb 2009

Avril would absolutely get me stoked, and in seriousness, the Bills season tix would increase by 10k.

Comment

• The Jokeman
          • Dec 2003

If we're running the 3-4 Avril really doesn't fit the mold of what we need at DE. A guy that fits the 3-4 rush OLB who's due to be UFA and a profile of what the Bills typical do in free agency is Antwan Barnes. While he did play in San Diego it's only been the last two years so has no real ties to Nix. Yet he's been a bench player most of his career but had a great year with 11 sacks. It wouldn't shock if ths is the type of guy the Bills target or possibly Anthony Spencer he's been playing in DeMarcus Ware's shadow the last few years in Dallas.

Links to both http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/...XDzP_iL7v.uLYF and
          Last edited by The Jokeman; 01-11-2012, 11:02 AM.

Comment

• ddaryl
            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
            • Jan 2005

Avril is probably more of a product of the Lions massive and talented DT's that includes the young Ndamukong Suh, Nick Fairley. How do you block those 2 guys and still have adequate protection for the 2 DE's

This guy is an improvement for us, but probably not worth over paying or getting into a bidding war for if one happens. Then again I haven't watched him play, but I do not think this guy is worth breaking the bank to sign

Comment

• Mski
              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by ddaryl
              Avril is probably more of a product of the Lions massive and talented DT's that includes the young Ndamukong Suh, Nick Fairley. How do you block those 2 guys and still have adequate protection for the 2 DE's

This guy is an improvement for us, but probably not worth over paying or getting into a bidding war for if one happens. Then again I haven't watched him play, but I do not think this guy is worth breaking the bank to sign
              neither of our DT's are Suh, but they'reboth better then Fairley
              RIP Tommy D!
              12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

Comment

• Mahdi
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by The Jokeman
                If we're running the 3-4 Avril really doesn't fit the mold of what we need at DE. A guy that fits the 3-4 rush OLB who's due to be UFA and a profile of what the Bills typical do in free agency is Antwan Barnes. While he did play in San Diego it's only been the last two years so has no real ties to Nix. Yet he's been a bench player most of his career but had a great year with 11 sacks. It wouldn't shock if ths is the type of guy the Bills target or possibly Anthony Spencer he's been playing in DeMarcus Ware's shadow the last few years in Dallas.

Links to both http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/...XDzP_iL7v.uLYF and
                http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/...GOKNk.9KH.uLYF
                Avril was scouted as a 3-4 OLB by a lot of draft folk when he was coming out. He could make the transition as he has the speed and agility for it. Not very big for a DE either.

Comment

• Stewie
                  Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
                  • Aug 2002

If he's better than our current #5 d lineman, then he makes the roster better. Bring him in. SPEND SOME ****ING MONEY RALPH.
                  Originally posted by Topdog
                  Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
                  Originally posted by mercyrule
                  I love Weiner.
                  Originally posted by mercyrule
                  also cheese

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

how did avril do the weeks the Suh was suspended? and i agree with Ed, the bills have their own good NT's where double teaming Avril, Dareus and williams becomes much easier for the LB core to come flying in to stop the run and hit the QB.

Comment

• ddaryl
                      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                      • Jan 2005

in the 2 games without Suh he had no stats in the 12/4 game against NO (not sure if he was not playing or just contained) , and a HUGE game against Minny on 12/11

The 2017 NFL season stats per game for Cliff Avril of the Seattle Seahawks on ESPN. Includes full stats, per opponent, for regular and postseason.
                      Last edited by ddaryl; 01-11-2012, 02:55 PM.

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Mski
                        neither of our DT's are Suh, but they'reboth better then Fairley
                        I think Williams & Dareus is equal to or greater than Suh & Fairley.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                          Buffalo Bills Fan
                          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Mahdi
                          Avril was scouted as a 3-4 OLB by a lot of draft folk when he was coming out. He could make the transition as he has the speed and agility for it. Not very big for a DE either.

Heh - reminds me of the Maybin - Orapko debates through the past few years.
                          Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

I wouldn't count on any big-name, hot commodity signings again this off-season...one would surprise me.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• bigbub2352
                              • Feb 2005

they gotta do something toronto is a joke and 6 blackouts in two years and decling season tickets

We are sending a message...they realize that they have to do something

will they? probably not
                              XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

Working...
                              X