PDA

View Full Version : Sleepers this weekend

T-Long
01-11-2012, 04:52 AM
We have all heard about the big names heading into the divisional round of the playoffs this weekend.

Brady. Brees. Rodgers. Gore. Foster.

But who are some guys that may fly under the radar that should play pivotal roles in their teams' success? Any ideas? Well, that's what you have me for.
Full Story (http://thefanhub.com/posts/detail/263433/NFL-Playoff-Sleepers-to-Watch)

stuckincincy
01-11-2012, 08:37 AM
Full Story (http://thefanhub.com/posts/detail/263433/NFL-Playoff-Sleepers-to-Watch)

Oher plays RT, not LT. Living where I do, I see a lot of BAL games. I recall one early on in his career, where mid-game they gave up on him as an LT and moved him over as well as putting in extra help.

His is a nice story, but he's an average tackle, IMO.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/baltimoreravens/depthchart?team=BAL

Mr. Miyagi
01-11-2012, 08:47 AM
I hope New England comes off the bye week rusty as hell and lays a big fat egg.

I hope Von Miller hits Brady so hard on the first play that Brady plays scared for the rest of the game.

I hope Tebow throws for 100 and runs for 150 and 3 TDs, keeping Brady off the field.

I hope Bellichick's herpes breaks out on Friday night.

OpIv37
01-11-2012, 08:50 AM
I hope New England comes off the bye week rusty as hell and lays a big fat egg.

I hope Von Miller hits Brady so hard on the first play that Brady plays scared for the rest of the game.

I hope Tebow throws for 100 and runs for 150 and 3 TDs, keeping Brady off the field.

I hope Bellichick's herpes breaks out on Friday night.

God I want NE to lose so bad, but at the same time I can't stand another week of Tebow ball-licking.

Mski
01-11-2012, 03:31 PM
i havent done the fact checking, but i overheard something along the lines that the Pats havent beaten a team in the playoffs if they faced them in the regular season

Ickybaluky
01-11-2012, 04:03 PM
i havent done the fact checking, but i overheard something along the lines that the Pats havent beaten a team in the playoffs if they faced them in the regular season

They beat San Diego in 2007, after beating them earlier that year.

They beat the Jets in 2006, after splitting two games with them that year.

They beat Indy and Pittsburgh in 2004, after beating Indy and losing to Pittsburgh earlier that year.

They beat Indy and Tennessee in 2003, after beating both earlier that year.

They beat St. Louis in 2001, after losing to them earlier that year.

Other than that, though, you are right.

Mski
01-11-2012, 04:15 PM
They beat San Diego in 2007, after beating them earlier that year.

They beat the Jets in 2006, after splitting two games with them that year.

They beat Indy and Pittsburgh in 2004, after beating Indy and losing to Pittsburgh earlier that year.

They beat Indy and Tennessee in 2003, after beating both earlier that year.

They beat St. Louis in 2001, after losing to them earlier that year.

Other than that, though, you are right.so i probably missed some of it... must have been "since the loss to the giants"

i didnt think it could have been true for the entire time, they won too many playoff games the last decade to have not beaten a team they faced earlier in the season

T-Long
01-11-2012, 07:08 PM
Oher plays RT, not LT. Living where I do, I see a lot of BAL games. I recall one early on in his career, where mid-game they gave up on him as an LT and moved him over as well as putting in extra help.

His is a nice story, but he's an average tackle, IMO.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/baltimoreravens/depthchart?team=BAL
Good catch, that was a typo. The selection was Oher because that is the side that Watt plays. My editor has been notified. Thanks man

Ickybaluky
01-11-2012, 09:16 PM
so i probably missed some of it... must have been "since the loss to the giants"

They haven't won a playoff game, period, since the lost of the Giants, they are 0-2 since.

They lost to the Ravens after beating them earlier in the season, but that really wasn't an upset. Baltimore was a much better team by that point. That 2009 team might have had a better record (13 wins), but they weren't that good by the end of the season. That year was Brady's first off his ACL injury and Welker tore up his knee the week before. They were no match for a pretty good Ravens team, especially after turning the ball over 3 times in the first half and falling behind 24-0.

The Jets game was one where they were upset, and they should have been more prepared. I give Rex Ryan a lot of credit, because he came up with some scheme changes that threw off the offense and allowed the Jets to jump out to a lead. The Pats were a young team that had a good offense and was and were good playing with a lead, but the Jets were more physical and took it to them that day.

This year's team is a hard one to figure. There is no denying they are a bad defensive team that is carried by their offense, but they are a tougher group mentally and physically than last year. The defense does a good job of turning the ball over, does a decent job in the Red Zone, and seems to have a knack for hanging in there. Even in their losses, they hung tough in games and only lost the 3 games by a total of 15 points. They have had several comebacks, although against mediocre teams, but have played well on the road and are resilient. They seem a little more seasoned this year.

I am pretty sure they beat the Broncos comfortably at home, although they aren't without flaws so you can't say it is a sure thing.

That means they probably host Baltimore for the AFC Championship (think Houston is done), and I think it is about even money they win that one. Baltimore isn't a dominant team, they are kind of like them. For all the talk about the Pats defense, the whole AFC is down this year and everyone has weaknesses. Baltimore is a much better team at home than on the road and didn't look great down the stretch. Their defense is not as good as in year's past, and I think the Pats can have some success spreading them out and moving the ball. It will be an interesting matchup.

If the Pats can manage to beat a weak AFC, I don't see them doing much damage in the Super Bowl. I think it will be Green Bay in the Super Bowl. New Orleans has a shot, but I don't like them as much having to win back-to-back outdoor road games. San Francisco is really good defensively, but I don't think they have enough offense to make it to the Super Bowl. The Giants are being hyped a lot and are playing well, but even though they are playing better I don't think they are as good as the other three (I think Green Bay beats them this week).

Either way, I don't see the Pats winning against Green Bay or New Orleans. I guess they have a shot because they can score points, but I think it would be an upset. I think they would have a better shot against the 49ers or Giants, but it probably isn't the year for the AFC. The NFC is just a better conference this year.

That is how I see it, anyway.