PDA

View Full Version : Leafs broadcast: ruff's extension was for 7 years

trapezeus
01-11-2012, 01:18 PM
on another board, i saw that the leafs broadcast mentioned that ruff's offseason extension was for 7 years!

i can't verify other than a lot of people saw that broadcast and said they heard the same thing. it's split 50/50 that fans think he meant to say worth $7mm, not 7 years. but either way, it seems like ruff is with us for a good long while.

Mski
01-11-2012, 01:20 PM
Darcy said on WGR the other day, that Ruff will be the head coach as long as he is the GM, so 7 years is quite possible

SkateZilla
01-11-2012, 02:21 PM
Terry can fire them both.. So.... Ultimatum responses in his interview are blah.

Skooby
01-11-2012, 05:18 PM
This means 0 to a Billionaire.

rbochan
01-11-2012, 05:53 PM
If that's the case, I'm going to prison.

Fitzpatrick'sbeard
01-11-2012, 07:31 PM
"It's nowhere close to that length," Ruff said. "That's not true."
Told that two sources of The News insist the deal is for six years, Ruff also shot down that report. ""It's nowhere close to that either. It's a normal coach's contract. It's not a player's contract."
On the day it was announced, both Ruff and the team refused to reveal the terms, but it's long been believed to be for three years with an option for a fourth.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/2012/01/ruff-on-contract-chatter-nowhere-close.html

rbochan
01-12-2012, 09:06 AM
Lindy's World is a pleasant place, where all televisions show an endless loop of him jumping Billy Smith and all the radios run his 2007 "Run 'em" audio clip 24/7. (Cam Neely and an endless parade of other 80s studs kicking Lindy's ass? Never happened. Ruff going AWOL after Lucic Oz'd Miller? Not in the archives...)

In Lindy's World, Coach for Life is just a couple of bad calls and injuries away from being a Stanley Cup champion year after year after year. Life is good in Lindy's World, where even mediocre-at-best coaches can convert substandard performances into ridiculous contract extensions, regardless of length.

Ah, Lindy's World. You may know it by its other name:

Hockey Heaven.