PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody else heard?

BertSquirtgum
01-11-2012, 02:00 PM
I was just wondering if anybody else heard this on espn. I could have swore my ears heard espn mention something about Dwayne Bowe wanting to play for Gailey again. Could this be one of the free agents the Bills go after? How would you feel about the Bills inking him to a contract?

WeAreArthurMoates
01-11-2012, 02:02 PM
If we get Bowe, Im streaking on the field during the opener to celebrate.

OpIv37
01-11-2012, 02:05 PM
I opened this thread expecting to see a Youtube clip of Peter Griffin singing "Surfin' Bird."

OpIv37
01-11-2012, 02:06 PM
and to answer your question, if we can re-sign Stevie AND get Bowe, we might do some damage on O next year, assuming Fitz can get them the ball.

Maybe Nix will have to petition the NFL Rules committee to add a "1-hop" rule for Fitz. If the NBA can have bounce passes, why not the NFL, right?

PromoTheRobot
01-11-2012, 02:23 PM
Keep in mind Bowe was a league leader in drops in 2011.

PTR

Mr. Miyagi
01-11-2012, 02:34 PM
I haven't heard it but Bowe certainly fits the description of Nix's WR addition, a big strong "Calvin Johnson" type guy.

Pinkerton Security
01-11-2012, 02:56 PM
I'd be ecstatic....Bowe is a very good WR who puts up numbers even in a mediocre offense.

McBFLO
01-11-2012, 03:07 PM
Yes, please.

jdbillsfan
01-11-2012, 03:09 PM
Are you sure he didn't say Haley?

Mr. Miyagi
01-11-2012, 03:37 PM
Though it could've been all kinds of talking heads speculation. You know how it is. Some moron shot his mouth once and it suddenly becomes a "rumor".

DBrown77
01-11-2012, 03:53 PM
I would love to have both, but both like to drop a lot of balls.

better days
01-11-2012, 04:16 PM
and to answer your question, if we can re-sign Stevie AND get Bowe, we might do some damage on O next year, assuming Fitz can get them the ball.

Maybe Nix will have to petition the NFL Rules committee to add a "1-hop" rule for Fitz. If the NBA can have bounce passes, why not the NFL, right?

The problem with the 1-hop rule for Fitz is it would lead to more INTs for Fitz because if the pass is legal then the INT would be legal as well.

Ed
01-11-2012, 04:20 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1000563-kansas-city-chiefs-will-dwayne-bowe-return-in-2012

Despite being one of the most popular players on the team, Bowe has also been the most criticized among the fans, media and even his coaches.

Bowe would fit in well here with Stevie. Another good receiver that fans can jump all over and criticize.

The article I posted above also mentions that the Chiefs will probably franchise Bowe. If they do, you can cross him off the list. If they don't though, he's probably our best chance for adding a talented WR due to his relationship with Chan.

better days
01-11-2012, 04:29 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1000563-kansas-city-chiefs-will-dwayne-bowe-return-in-2012

Bowe would fit in well here with Stevie. Another good receiver that fans can jump all over and criticize.

The article I posted above also mentions that the Chiefs will probably franchise Bowe. If they do, you can cross him off the list. If they don't though, he's probably our best chance for adding a talented WR due to his relationship with Chan.

How ironic, the knock on Bowe is drops on big important plays, shades of Stevie Johnson.

DrGraves
01-11-2012, 05:25 PM
I'd be content as him being a replacement for Johnson. I'd be ecstatic if we could sign him in addition to Johnson. But I have to keep in mind that the Bills do not sign star players so I won't get my hopes up.

cgbm
01-11-2012, 05:30 PM
I was just wondering if anybody else heard this on espn. I could have swore my ears heard espn mention something about Dwayne Bowe wanting to play for Gailey again. Could this be one of the free agents the Bills go after? How would you feel about the Bills inking him to a contract?

love the new avitar.
i previously commented about the old one because of the age of the girls.
not only is this one more endowd, but it is of age and prettier.

GREAT PICK.

i will be pleased to look at all of your posts from now on.

YardRat
01-11-2012, 06:19 PM
Sign Stevie...Check.
Sign Bowe...Check.
Tell Fitz to avoid both at crunch time with the game on the line...Check.

I'd be all for it...

Don't Panic
01-11-2012, 07:42 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN-x5QhQmfI

bigbub2352
01-11-2012, 09:01 PM
before the last game of the season in the pregame on 103.3 the edge in buffalo...bull the commentator said he heard rumblings of Bowe wanting to play with Gailey as a thing to look at in the offseason

Oaf
01-11-2012, 09:07 PM
Give me Avril over Bowe. We should have drafted Avril as it is.

BertSquirtgum
01-11-2012, 09:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WNrx2jq184

BertSquirtgum
01-11-2012, 09:19 PM

how bout both?

Demon
01-11-2012, 10:06 PM
Keep in mind Bowe was a league leader in drops in 2011.

PTR

He must of really dropped a lot, to be worse then Stevie Johnson.

ZAZusmc03
01-11-2012, 10:40 PM
He must of really dropped a lot, to be worse then Stevie Johnson.

Stevie's drops are probably more well known because they seem to come with the game on the line.

PromoTheRobot
01-11-2012, 11:54 PM
Stevie's drops are probably more well known because they seem to come with the game on the line.

Thanks. I was going to mention that Stevie has a decent catch %, better than Bowe even. But he's had drops at inopportune times.

For all we know maybe Bowe may have as well, but since most of us don't follow the Chiefs that closely we never talk about it. There's definitely a tendency for fans to think better of another team's players than you're own.

That said, I am not taking a side on Bowe as a FA. Let the experts decide.

PTR

tampabay25690
01-12-2012, 06:45 AM

I will be at the opener so I look forward to seeing you......But not really.

Mr. Pink
01-12-2012, 06:46 AM
I could see Bowe replacing Stevie in the offense and then picking up a faster receiver who doesn't mind going over the middle at times and also stretches the field on occasion.

Don't see the point in having Bowe and Johnson in the same offense to be honest. They're pretty much the same skill set.

better days
01-12-2012, 07:54 AM

Give me BOTH Avril & Bowe. Now that would make a GREAT offseason.

OpIv37
01-12-2012, 08:06 AM
Thanks. I was going to mention that Stevie has a decent catch %, better than Bowe even. But he's had drops at inopportune times.

For all we know maybe Bowe may have as well, but since most of us don't follow the Chiefs that closely we never talk about it. There's definitely a tendency for fans to think better of another team's players than you're own.

That said, I am not taking a side on Bowe as a FA. Let the experts decide.

PTR

what "experts?" Performance dictates competence, not title. So far, no one associated with this team qualifies.

better days
01-12-2012, 08:13 AM
what "experts?" Performance dictates competence, not title. So far, no one associated with this team qualifies.

Well, I think Nix has shown much more competence than the Bills have had for a LONG time. Barnett, Pears, Chandler, Urbic, the list goes on. Nix has added talent to this team, much of it from other teams garbage bin.

ThunderGun
01-12-2012, 09:52 AM
Well, I think Nix has shown much more competence than the Bills have had for a LONG time. Barnett, Pears, Chandler, Urbic, the list goes on. Nix has added talent to this team, much of it from other teams garbage bin.

The problem is that we continue to raid other teams' practice squads, to fill our starting spots.

Yes, we've found some good players, but not as good as the guys we've passed over in the early rounds of the draft.

Pears is nice. But I'd rather have Oher.

better days
01-12-2012, 09:58 AM
The problem is that we continue to raid other teams' practice squads, to fill our starting spots.

Yes, we've found some good players, but not as good as the guys we've passed over in the early rounds of the draft.

Pears is nice. But I'd rather have Oher.

I would rather have Oher as well, but he was drafted before Nix was made GM. I think you will see Nix draft good players AGAIN this year, like he did last year.

ThunderGun
01-12-2012, 10:09 AM
I would rather have Oher as well, but he was drafted before Nix was made GM. I think you will see Nix draft good players AGAIN this year, like he did last year.

I know...the problem certainly isn't specific to Nix. I actually like Nix quite a bit. But it has been a problem for years, and it doesn't seem to be going away.

Our biggest needs, imo, are a physical WR, and a pass-rusher. We took Spiller over Jason Pierre-Paul, Dez Bryant and Demaryius Thomas.

Troup over Gronkowski
Carrington over Jimmy Graham

I liked the 2011 draft.....let's hope they can have another good one in 2012.

Bert102176
01-14-2012, 10:09 PM
I would rather have Marquise Colston or Robert Meachem over Bowe

BloFan4Life
01-15-2012, 12:10 AM
I would rather have Marquise Colston or Robert Meachem over Bowe Beggars can't be choosers. If Bowe wants to play for a coach he had success with like Thigpen, I will welcome him with open arms.

YardRat
01-15-2012, 10:14 AM
Don't see the point in having Bowe and Johnson in the same offense to be honest. They're pretty much the same skill set.

We're dealing with a coach and GM that traded a receiver because he didn't have that particular skill set.

Mr. Pink
01-15-2012, 11:10 AM
We're dealing with a coach and GM that traded a receiver because he didn't have that particular skill set.

Very true.

I wonder if we'll try to bring in Braylon Edwards too.

Another receiver with the same skill set who should come cheap at this point.

The Jokeman
01-15-2012, 05:28 PM
I know...the problem certainly isn't specific to Nix. I actually like Nix quite a bit. But it has been a problem for years, and it doesn't seem to be going away.

Our biggest needs, imo, are a physical WR, and a pass-rusher. We took Spiller over Jason Pierre-Paul, Dez Bryant and Demaryius Thomas.

Troup over Gronkowski
Carrington over Jimmy Graham

I liked the 2011 draft.....let's hope they can have another good one in 2012.

This is old but posted this in the past and needs some updating but still shows that poor drafting in the top two rounds can really hurt.

WE TOOK/WE PASSED ON

1 MIKE WILLIAMS T/BRYANT MCKINNIE T
2 JOSH REED WR/ANTONIO BRYANT WR

1 WILLIS MCGAHEE RB/LARRY JOHNSON RB (not really a need but a better RB selected in same round).
2 CHRIS KELSAY DE/OSI UMENYIORA DE

1 LEE EVAN/ WR NO WR BETTER
2 JP LOSMAN QB /MATT SCHAUB QB* (Taken in Round 3)

2 ROSCOE PARRISH WR/VINCENT JACKSON WR

1A DONTE WHITNER S/HALOTI NGATA/BRODRICK BUNKLEY DT
1B JOHN MCCARGO DT/ROMAN HARPER S (Taken on Round 2)

1 MARSHAWN LYNCH RB NO RB BETTER
2 PAUL POSLUSZNY LB/DAVID HARRIS LB (Taken in Round 2)

1 LEODIS MCKELVIN CB/DOMINIQUE-RODGERS CROMARTIE CB
2 JAMES HARDY WR/DESEAN JACKSON WR

1 AARON MAYBIN DE BRIAN ORAKPO DE

I would rather have Marquise Colston or Robert Meachem over Bowe
I like Bowe a little more than Colston as think Bowe has no one to "help him" in KC whereas Colston has plenty of help also he's a tad healthier. In terms of Meachem, I think he's be a great speed compliment to either Stevie or Bowe and love to sign him with one of the other two. I prefer Stevie since Fitz already has a good connection with him but as stated before I have an overwelming fear that we might let Stevie go and would sign Meachem to replace him which is a downgrade.

ublinkwescore
01-16-2012, 07:36 PM

fitz will get them the ball - provided our O line can give him enough time... we need some depth on our O line. they flat out sucked after we lost like what three starters... they were sucking after we lost the first two.

ublinkwescore
01-16-2012, 07:38 PM
I would love to have both, but both like to drop a lot of balls.

perhaps we should find a gay reciever - they would be guaranteed to catch every ball flung their way.

ublinkwescore
01-16-2012, 07:39 PM
Sign Stevie...Check.
Sign Bowe...Check.
Tell Fitz to avoid both at crunch time with the game on the line...Check.

I'd be all for it...

That's when he needs to look for Mr. Chandler or Nelson.