Another long, frustrating, likely fruitless offseason...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bluerosekiller
    • Jul 2008

Another long, frustrating, likely fruitless offseason...

... is upon us & I'm already pissed off.
    I tried to find something, basicallly ANYTHING encouraging to take from Nix's presser & all it did was further irritate me. I mean, C'MON, when some of the "good news" is that Shawn Merriman will return to the team from yet another round of multiple surgeries next season, it's pretty pathetic IMO.
    I mean, the guy is done. D-O-N-E. Badly damaged goods who hasn't given The Bills ( nor any other NFL team ) a thing to be the least bit positive about in years. So, why bother with him?
    The fact that opposing teams acknowledged his presence on the line for the couple of games that he was actually able to suit up for early in the season is more a testament about how poor The Bills' pass rush is rather than any real threat he posed as far I'm concerned...
    I mean, when are they going to cut the guy loose as a failed gamble that didn't pan out?
    Same thing with Marcus Easley & Roscoe Parrish.
    Why continue to keep them around when neither one of them has the durability to remain active on an NFL roster?
  • THE END OF ALL DAYS
    The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
    • Feb 2005

Re: Another long, frustrating, likely fruitless offseason...

i completely agree with you re: merriman
    hes just taking up space on the roster
    In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
      • Feb 2005

PS: somebody boot me up over the 20K rep will ya?
      In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• imbondz
        Democrats are people too
        • Jan 2003

I am not having one single emotion for or against the Bills until we make the playoffs. Then I will go crazy.
        My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• bluerosekiller
          • Jul 2008

In my mind, the manner in which The Bills completely fell apart down the stretch in that final game against The Pats was just a reflection in microcosm of the entire 2011 season. And that, to me, was enough to give up on the Chan Gailey "era". I'd seen enough & wanted him gone.
          But, I knew that the organization wouldn't go that route. And, upon some further reflection, I realized that what with the plethora of coaching replacements in demand this postseason, the odds of the front office finding anyone better were pretty slim anyhow.
          Plus, the immediate dismissal of the woefully inept George Edwards went a long way toward my finding another year or so with Gailey as coachna more acceptable fate. Just HOW much though, we shall see...
          Finishing on a 1-8 slide is just awful no matter how you look at it IMO. Even given the mass of injuries to key players. I think competent coaching alone should have gotten them another couple of wins & produced a .500 season based on that start that they they had in the fall.
          After the bitter pill that was 2008, I didn't see how any subsequent season could top it as far as gut punches go, but this one just did...
          So, it's VERY difficult to find anything even remotely positive about this new offseason we're facing.

Comment

• Scumbag College
            • Oct 2002

Hey!

We signed Scott McKillopp and David Clowney. If you haven't peed your pants in excitement over those two signings you're nuts. The Bills have bolstered their LB corps and found Stevie Johnson's replacement before the playoffs are over.
            Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Why so Serious?
              PS: somebody boot me up over the 20K rep will ya?
              Lol you guys rock !!!

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                • May 2009

Press conference restored some of the faith for me. I don't know what you watched.

Comment

• Night Train
                  Retired - On Several Levels
                  • Jul 2005

I'm going to give the off-season some chance, since it hasn't even begun yet.

Free Agency & Draft. Then look at the roster once it enters camp and see what they're doing with the D, since next season basically hinges on how much improvement they make from one of the NFL's worst.
                  Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                    • Feb 2005

Every offseason they do something to get people a little excited again - to try to get people back on board, to sell tickets. It might be free agency, a new scheme, or the draft. Every offseason people fall for it.

After being fooled year after year, some of us have wised up.
                    Last edited by DMBcrew36; 01-12-2012, 05:48 AM.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                      • Mar 2004

What's the point of getting pissed off in the offseason? At least wait until after the draft and we see what kind of, if any, free agents they sign.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                        Peterman Sucks!
                        • Mar 2006

I think Roscoe, Easley and Merriman should just be shown the door at this point.

Still optimistic, cautiously optimistic, that some good players are brought in to make us a contender. Although I'm not optimistic by any of the coaching staff to use those guys properly.

Comment

• bluerosekiller
                          • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                          What's the point of getting pissed off in the offseason? At least wait until after the draft and we see what kind of, if any, free agents they sign.
                          Point?
                          Well, there really is no point really. All I'm saying is that this past season just left a bitter aftertaste in my mouth & the thought of facing another long offseason is just sort of daunting at the moment.
                          And then, for the first bit of news to be about the supposed return of a longtime hobbled player, it just set me off a bit I guess.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                            • Mar 2004

Before the season, did you expect the Bills to win 6 games?

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                              Peterman Sucks!
                              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                              Before the season, did you expect the Bills to win 6 games?

I did not. However I think the lockout and how long it was made the playing field basically even across the NFL until everyone got up to speed on working together and such. Once that occurred we saw how far away we really were from the better teams in the NFL.

Comment

Working...
                              X