PDA

View Full Version : Decision to be made on Parrish

justasportsfan
01-12-2012, 09:50 AM
Parrish has made it through a 16-game season just twice in his seven-year career in 2006 and 2007. The last two seasons he’s missed 22 of the 32 regular season games. A dislocated wrist cost him the second half of the 2010 season and a severe ankle injury in Week 2 against the Raiders landed him on injured reserve this past fall.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Decision-to-be-made-on-Parrish/5852d0b6-2a98-418f-bcdc-b710ff0c4885

With our luck, I wouldnt be surprised that if he stayed, he'll get injured again. If he goes somewhere else, he'll end up healthy and play like Welker for some other team or maybe even the Pats will pick him up. Sigh.

The King
01-12-2012, 09:54 AM
He's looked really sharp under Gailey albeit brief appearances. I think we should take a chance on him. He doesnt have anything to fall back on for big money, he should come cheap.

TacklingDummy
01-12-2012, 10:11 AM
Minimum that's it. With incentives.

psubills62
01-12-2012, 10:14 AM
Minimum that's it. With incentives.
Ditto. It's gotten to the point where we need guys who can stay healthy.

Forward_Lateral
01-12-2012, 10:21 AM
He really doesn't hurt the team if they take a risk. If he gets hurt again, they are no worse off then they've been the past 2 seasons with out him anyways.

Ed
01-12-2012, 10:28 AM
I had really high hopes for Parrish when Gailey took over. I felt like we finally had a coach that knew how to use him. The injuries have been a big disappointment though. I'd like to see him back and hope for the best, but it won't bother me if they move on. Assuming they re-sign Stevie and add another good WR from free agency like they seem to be talking about, and assuming Easley finally gets to play, I don't know if there's really a lot of room for Parrish. I guess it all comes down to the contract. I really have no idea what his value would be on the free agent market right now.

justasportsfan
01-12-2012, 10:32 AM
If we can take a risk on Merriman, I would honestly take a risk on Parrish as well.

k-oneputt
01-12-2012, 10:43 AM
I would re-sign him but don't think the Bills will.

justasportsfan
01-12-2012, 10:47 AM
With his injury history + the emergence of Rogers + the drop off in the kick returns, Parrish's value has dropped.

clumping platelets
01-12-2012, 10:49 AM
Time to move on.....he can find opportunity elsewhere

mrbojanglezs
01-12-2012, 10:50 AM
Let him go. Even if he is signed cheap he just forces us to cut more reliable players.

Mahdi
01-12-2012, 11:05 AM
When his first comment on Parrish is "He hasn't ever had a full season" and his second comment is "We definitely want a player with his skill set on the team" chances are Nix isn't very high on signing Parrish.

RedEyE
01-12-2012, 11:16 AM
I don't know. He's a Welker type guy when healthy and he could really fit well into this current Bills scheme.

I don't think we have another receiver on the team that can fill the slot role as well as Parrish. Honestly, if given the choice, I'd take Parrish over Donald Jones.

Jones might be 5 years younger but he hasn't shown me anything that is worthy of a roster spot. Parrish, when healthy can gain some serious YAC when the ball is thrown his way.

If I had it my way, re-sign Chandler, St. Johnson, and Parrish. Really push to reel in a jump ball guy like Vincent Jackson. Keep Nelson, Easly, Hagan. Could care less about Martin and Roosevelt and D. Jones.

DynaPaul
01-12-2012, 11:19 AM
we should keep him on an incentive laden contract.

Mahdi
01-12-2012, 11:19 AM
I don't know. He's a Welker type guy when healthy and he could really fit well into this current Bills scheme.

I don't think we have another receiver on the team that can fill the slot role as well as Parrish. Honestly, if given the choice, I'd take Parrish over Donald Jones.

Jones might be 5 years younger but he hasn't shown me anything that is worthy of a roster spot. Parrish, when healthy can gain some serious YAC when the ball is thrown his way.

If I had it my way, re-sign Chandler, St. Johnson, and Parrish. Really push to reel in a jump ball guy like Vincent Jackson. Keep Nelson, Easly, Hagan. Could care less about Martin and Roosevelt and D. Jones.
How about letting Chandler go and signing Jermichael Finley?

He would definitely represent that big, uncoverable receiver Nix was talking about plus he won't cost 10 mil per.

Bill Cody
01-12-2012, 11:46 AM
I don't know. He's a Welker type guy when healthy

You mean because he's small and fast? Hmm...ok. But to be fair Parrish is like a homeless man's version of Welker.

trapezeus
01-12-2012, 11:51 AM
parrish is done. how many years can we sit on his potential? he's the tim connolly of the bills.

i'd be interested to know if the years he finished the full season healthy were the years jauron had him in the dog house and hardly playing.

At his age, (still young), you can find a younger guy with the same speed and ability to run over the middle as a 3rd receiver. What you save on parrish goes to another position. i know the bills just take their savings and rarely roll it over, but i'd part ways with parrish.

i hate when guys who hardly got a chance as a bill go elsewhere and do well. i don't mind watching people like parrish who have been on the team 7 years go do something. we've paid our price. he's never going to make a full season while being a targeted receiver.

better days
01-12-2012, 11:53 AM

He would definitely represent that big, uncoverable receiver Nix was talking about plus he won't cost 10 mil per.

If he is available, I would be all for that.

DraftBoy
01-12-2012, 11:59 AM
Im done with him, time to move on.

stuckincincy
01-12-2012, 12:01 PM
The Roscoe Lollipop Fan Club:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_CAs3q7G48

They never meet when the snow flies.

Yasgur's Farm
01-12-2012, 12:02 PM

He would definitely represent that big, uncoverable receiver Nix was talking about plus he won't cost 10 mil per.Don't toy with me on the JF thing... That would be awesome!

NOT THE DUDE...
01-12-2012, 01:17 PM
30 yrs old, time to move on.

draft maze in the 5th

Extremebillsfan247
01-12-2012, 02:16 PM
I think Parrish is done as a Bills receiver. I'd be surprised if they brought him back for another season. JMO

stuckincincy
01-12-2012, 02:30 PM
30 yrs old, time to move on.

draft maze in the 5th

Perhaps for punt return duties. I don't know what his contract $ says, so that would be a factor.

One thing's for sure - nobody's going to draft somebody with an eye to KR return skills anymore, with the rule changes. Just put back a low-paid skinny guy with wheels for the one or possibly two legit return chances per game.

STRONG_BAD
01-12-2012, 03:27 PM
If we can take a risk on Merriman, I would honestly take a risk on Parrish as well.

Me too.

Parrish normaly gets hurt in the 3rd game of the season. Merriman normaly gets hurt on the 3rd play of the season.

mush69
01-12-2012, 03:41 PM
Good Bye Roscoe! This guy is made of glass and has been that way his whole career. Why keep a roster spot for him when ya might 3-4 games outta him before he's on the IR list. Lets get someone who can smash the china dolls and play every week.

elltrain22
01-12-2012, 08:39 PM
If a decision "is to be made", IMHO, its (the decision that is) has already been made.

Mr. Pink
01-12-2012, 08:58 PM
His NFL career, let alone being a Bill, might be over.

YardRat
01-12-2012, 09:01 PM
His shipped has sailed, and in reality should have left port three years ago.

Good bye, Roscoe, and thanks for the memories...both of them.

BertSquirtgum
01-12-2012, 09:11 PM
He's too small for the NFL and a waste of a roster spot.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-12-2012, 10:45 PM
He really doesn't hurt the team if they take a risk. If he gets hurt again, they are no worse off then they've been the past 2 seasons with out him anyways.
Except he's taking up roster space from some one not made out of paper Mâché