X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Decision to be made on Parrish

Parrish has made it through a 16-game season just twice in his seven-year career in 2006 and 2007. The last two seasons he’s missed 22 of the 32 regular season games. A dislocated wrist cost him the second half of the 2010 season and a severe ankle injury in Week 2 against the Raiders landed him on injured reserve this past fall.

With our luck, I wouldnt be surprised that if he stayed, he'll get injured again. If he goes somewhere else, he'll end up healthy and play like Welker for some other team or maybe even the Pats will pick him up. Sigh.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: Decision to be made on Parrish

He's looked really sharp under Gailey albeit brief appearances. I think we should take a chance on him. He doesnt have anything to fall back on for big money, he should come cheap.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
      Unreachable Douche
      • Jul 2002

Minimum that's it. With incentives.

Comment

• psubills62
        Legendary Zoner
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
        Minimum that's it. With incentives.
        Ditto. It's gotten to the point where we need guys who can stay healthy.
        "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
          • Mar 2004

He really doesn't hurt the team if they take a risk. If he gets hurt again, they are no worse off then they've been the past 2 seasons with out him anyways.

Comment

• Ed
            Dude
            • Sep 2002

I had really high hopes for Parrish when Gailey took over. I felt like we finally had a coach that knew how to use him. The injuries have been a big disappointment though. I'd like to see him back and hope for the best, but it won't bother me if they move on. Assuming they re-sign Stevie and add another good WR from free agency like they seem to be talking about, and assuming Easley finally gets to play, I don't know if there's really a lot of room for Parrish. I guess it all comes down to the contract. I really have no idea what his value would be on the free agent market right now.

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

If we can take a risk on Merriman, I would honestly take a risk on Parrish as well.
              sacrifice1

Comment

• k-oneputt
                • Jun 2009

I would re-sign him but don't think the Bills will.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

With his injury history + the emergence of Rogers + the drop off in the kick returns, Parrish's value has dropped.
                  sacrifice1

Comment

• clumping platelets

Time to move on.....he can find opportunity elsewhere

Comment

• mrbojanglezs
                      • Jan 2010

Let him go. Even if he is signed cheap he just forces us to cut more reliable players.

Comment

• Mahdi
                        • Mar 2004

When his first comment on Parrish is "He hasn't ever had a full season" and his second comment is "We definitely want a player with his skill set on the team" chances are Nix isn't very high on signing Parrish.

Comment

• RedEyE
                          • Jul 2002

I don't know. He's a Welker type guy when healthy and he could really fit well into this current Bills scheme.

I don't think we have another receiver on the team that can fill the slot role as well as Parrish. Honestly, if given the choice, I'd take Parrish over Donald Jones.

Jones might be 5 years younger but he hasn't shown me anything that is worthy of a roster spot. Parrish, when healthy can gain some serious YAC when the ball is thrown his way.

If I had it my way, re-sign Chandler, St. Johnson, and Parrish. Really push to reel in a jump ball guy like Vincent Jackson. Keep Nelson, Easly, Hagan. Could care less about Martin and Roosevelt and D. Jones.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                            • Sep 2003

we should keep him on an incentive laden contract.

Comment

• Mahdi
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by RedEyE
                              I don't know. He's a Welker type guy when healthy and he could really fit well into this current Bills scheme.

I don't think we have another receiver on the team that can fill the slot role as well as Parrish. Honestly, if given the choice, I'd take Parrish over Donald Jones.

Jones might be 5 years younger but he hasn't shown me anything that is worthy of a roster spot. Parrish, when healthy can gain some serious YAC when the ball is thrown his way.

If I had it my way, re-sign Chandler, St. Johnson, and Parrish. Really push to reel in a jump ball guy like Vincent Jackson. Keep Nelson, Easly, Hagan. Could care less about Martin and Roosevelt and D. Jones.
                              How about letting Chandler go and signing Jermichael Finley?

He would definitely represent that big, uncoverable receiver Nix was talking about plus he won't cost 10 mil per.

Comment

Working...
                              X