• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • T-Long
    Circling the Wagons since 1982.
    • Sep 2003

Mock Draft 1.0

Check out our new Mock Draft 1.0. It's the first 20 picks and I was assigned all the evens. Thoughts?

Mock 1.0
  • Don't Panic
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Dec 2005

Re: Mock Draft 1.0

Nick Foles at #6? Hmmm... I am a grad of the U of A and an avid fan, and as much as I love the guy, I can't see him going in the 1st round let alone the top 10. Love the pick of Upshaw, though. He's my fave until someone else blows me away based on their numbers on a website.

Comment

• T-Long
      • Sep 2003

Yeah, the Foles pick is a major reach, but if the Redskins can't find a way to get up to snag Griffin, it becomes possible, that's how desperate they are.

Found a type with Hairston, it should say Clemson and not Auburn.

Comment

• TigerJ
        • Jul 2002

Yeah, Foles is a huge reach all right. It's probably not the furthest anyone has reached to take a QB, but it's not far off. I hate to break it to you, T-Long, but Chris Hairston is a former Clemson left tackle, not Auburn.

Regarding Upshaw, that's a pretty conventional pick at this point. It could happen. We did note in Buddy Nix's news conference the other day that he seems to want a 3-4 OLB/4-3 DE with more legth than Upshaw possesses, and I saw in a Draft Tek mock today (which projects Upshaw to Buffalo at #10) that Upshaw is expected to time the 40 in 4.76. That's actually pretty pedestrian for an elite player of that size. He's probably a pretty safe pick at that point given his proven production and the outstanding college coaching he's gotten. His ceiling might not be as high as you hope at that point in the draft.
        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
          Hall of Fame Zoner
          • Jan 2010

2012 MOCK DRAFT
          1 COURTNEY UPSHAW OLB
          2 MIKE ADAMS OT
          3 NICO JOHNSON ILB
          4 BRANDON BOYKIN CB
          4 DAVID MOLK C
          5 BRANDON TAYLOR S
          6 ANDREW SWEAT ILB
          7 BPA

FREE AGENTS
          ANTHONY SPENCER
          VINCENT JACKSON
          Last edited by NOT THE DUDE...; 01-12-2012, 08:33 PM.

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

Foles at 6 is kind of nuts, but a few QB's went a lot higher than they were projected in last year's draft also.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• T-Long
              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by TigerJ
              Yeah, Foles is a huge reach all right. It's probably not the furthest anyone has reached to take a QB, but it's not far off. I hate to break it to you, T-Long, but Chris Hairston is a former Clemson left tackle, not Auburn.

Regarding Upshaw, that's a pretty conventional pick at this point. It could happen. We did note in Buddy Nix's news conference the other day that he seems to want a 3-4 OLB/4-3 DE with more legth than Upshaw possesses, and I saw in a Draft Tek mock today (which projects Upshaw to Buffalo at #10) that Upshaw is expected to time the 40 in 4.76. That's actually pretty pedestrian for an elite player of that size. He's probably a pretty safe pick at that point given his proven production and the outstanding college coaching he's gotten. His ceiling might not be as high as you hope at that point in the draft.
              If you look at the post prior to yours, I explain the typo. Thanks for the catch though

Comment

• T-Long
                • Sep 2003

Originally posted by YardRat
                Foles at 6 is kind of nuts, but a few QB's went a lot higher than they were projected in last year's draft also.
                Agreed. I think it's crazy to see Foles at 6, but the Redskins are desperate. We have seen crazier things happen, but this is my gut feeling at this point. But that will obviously change if they are able to snag one in Free Agency.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

The Upshaw pick would help fill our biggest need, and would make me a happy camper on draft day. Unless, of course, a Blackmon or RGIII pulled a Warren Sapp between now and then and fell into our lap.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• JCBills
                    • Jan 2010

I think people look at Upshaw's school more than anything.

Comment

• Don't Panic
                      All-Pro Zoner
                      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by JCBills
                      I think people look at Upshaw's school more than anything.
                      That's a legit worry.

Comment

• k-oneputt
                        • Jun 2009

Originally posted by YardRat
                        You mean those qb's that were supposed to go in the 2nd and 3rd rd's that went in the top-12 picks.
                        He's a qb, thus he's capable of going anywhere in the 1st rd.

Comment

• TigerJ
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by T-Long
                          If you look at the post prior to yours, I explain the typo. Thanks for the catch though
                          Sorry, that's what I get for just skimming through the subsequent posts rather than reading carefully.
                          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by k-oneputt
                            You mean those qb's that were supposed to go in the 2nd and 3rd rd's that went in the top-12 picks.
                            He's a qb, thus he's capable of going anywhere in the 1st rd.
                            That was my point.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                            X