• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Subban flop

This is exactly whats wrong with the league. This ended up in a Montreal Powerplay.

The most despicable action I have seen from a player in a long time. Sure the hits illegal but the turtling is ridiculous.

Last edited by The King; 01-13-2012, 08:45 AM.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• hydro
    • Oct 2005

Re: Subban flop

This doesn't happen that often to be considered "this is what's wrong with the league". And yeah the hit could have been worse but that hit wasn't really that bad IMO. His forearm many hit him in the chest then up though his head.
    BERNIAC!

Comment

• The King
      • Jun 2004

The fact that the Bruins ended up short handed is what I'm concerned with. It's not a clean hit, Ferrence should get the chance to retaliate.

This is the stuff Burke was talking about a few weeks ago,.

Then on top of that Subban wont face the music.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Sorry but there is no way that should have been a PP for Montreal. At worst it should have been even- penalty on Subban for the hit and instigator penalty on first man in for Boston.

The result of the play is that Montreal got an illegal hit on a Boston player then Montreal got a PP. What? As a Sabres fan, I like it when bad things happen to Boston, but next time, it might be Vanek or Pominville on the receiving end of that, so I have to call out this kind of crap.

And for the record, Subban is becoming a punk. He always does borderline cheap-shot stuff then runs away from fights/contact afterward.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The King
          • Jun 2004

Montreal scored on that play too BTW
          It was all

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
            • May 2003

The problem with the league is that every team overreacts to a hard hit.

Comment

• SkateZilla
              • Dec 2002

Sabres should take notes on how to react.
              Skate Zilla
              -----------------------
              Skate Zilla HD Studios:
              SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• Mski
                • Mar 2006

you crack me up with this stuff sometimes MBB, last year you defend chara for running a guy into the bench divider, as a "speed of the game" hit, saying it wasnt dirty at all.... then you call that a cheap shot, dirty hit bu subban.

was the hit illegal? yes. is subban a punk for just turtling like that? yes.

situations like these are why they league needs to get rid of the instigator penalty all together... fact fo the matter is there are too many cheap shots going on around the league in whole... charas hit last year, the elbow to sid the kid during the winter classic, lucic hit on miller. i thnk alot of these plays would be eliminated if they got rid of the instigator, and allowed players to police themselves again

you never saw people take runs and cheap shots at gretzky, because they knew they'd get their ass beat if they did
                RIP Tommy D!
                12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                  Skoobasaurus-Rex
                  • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Mski

you never saw people take runs and cheap shots at gretzky, because they knew they'd get their ass beat if they did
                  Marty McSorley was also insane & would literally kill anyone who touched Gretzky. That system worked.

Comment

• The King
                    • Jun 2004

You're agreeing with me. You realize that.

The shot was high. Penalty worthy, I dont think he needs to face a suspension or anything. Ferrence did the right thing, I dont believe he should be penalized for it.

That's all.
                    It was all

Comment

• G Wolly
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by King Bedard

The shot was high. Penalty worthy, I dont think he needs to face a suspension or anything. Ferrence did the right thing, I dont believe he should be penalized for it.

That's all.
                      It's only because he dropped the gloves and Subban didn't.

Pussy play by Subban to turtle. If you're making a hit whether clean or dirty, be a man and stand up and accept the retaliation.

But I still hate both teams so I'm unaffected.

Comment

• Mski
                        • Mar 2006

That's all.
                        well not entirely, i dont think the hit was all that dirty at all, but i agree he should have taken what he had coming to him
                        RIP Tommy D!
                        12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

Comment

• The King
                          • Jun 2004

All I said was the hit was illegal which it is.
                          It was all

Comment

• SabreEleven
                            • Aug 2002

All I said was the hit was illegal which it is.
                            Kind of like when one player skates from one end of the ice to the other end of the ice to run over a goalie and then gets away with it because he didn't "intend" to do it. You aren't going to find much sympathy on this board.

Comment

Working...
                            X