• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Obligatory Tebow thread

Religious moments are celebrations, why would Stevie Having Happy New Years on his under-shirt be any different of a celebration to expose ??

Should Tebow be flagged for praying then, for his celebration to God ?? I think Stevie should sue the league & Chan for stopping his celebrations.

By the way, this is a joke (to a point).
    Last edited by Skooby; 01-02-2012, 07:23 PM.
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Re: If Tebow can pray & show religious celebrations, why can't Stevie ??

Going to the ground is a 15 yard penalty if I recall from the jets game

Comment

• mrbojanglezs
      • Jan 2010

Well technically you can't go to the ground. So shouldn't he be flagged for dropping to one knee

Comment

• TacklingDummy
        Unreachable Douche
        • Jul 2002

I watched the Den/KC game yesterday. Damn Tebow blows. The only QB worse than him is Sanchez.

Comment

• better days
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
          I watched the Den/KC game yesterday. Damn Tebow blows. The only QB worse than him is Sanchez.
          Well, I blame yesterdays loss by the Broncos on the HC more than Tebow. It was a terrible game plan, the Broncos played not to lose rather than win & playing that way usually leads to a loss.

Say what you want about Tebow, but if Orton had been QB of the Broncos all year, they would have finished in the AFC West cellar rather than making the playoffs which they did with Tebow at QB.

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown
            Religious moments are celebrations, why would Stevie Having Happy New Years on his under-shirt be any different of a celebration to expose ??

Should Tebow be flagged for praying then, for his celebration to God ?? I think Stevie should sue the league & Chan for stopping his celebrations.

By the way, this is a joke.
            If Stevie had not been warned about LIFTING his shirt to celebrate, then he should not have been penalized. The fact he was penalized was reason for Chan to sit him because Chan did warn him beforehand.

Comment

• hemi13
              • Jan 2004

Praying to GOD is not showboating. PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!!

With Stevie, it's more of "LOOK AT ME, Ain't I special"
              Last edited by hemi13; 01-02-2012, 09:47 AM.
              Bills Backers of Tucson

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                • Jul 2003

Originally posted by mrbojanglezs
                Well technically you can't go to the ground. So shouldn't he be flagged for dropping to one knee
                He is allowed to do it on the sideline, not in the endzone. Guys can go to the sideline and dance as well.

Comment

• madness
                  • Apr 2003

Originally posted by hemi13
                  Praying to GOD is not showboating. PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!!

With Stevie, it's more of "LOOK AT ME, Ain't I special"
                  Then it's exactly the same thing with Tebow...

Matthew 6
                  5 “Also, when YOU pray, YOU must not be as the hypocrites; because they like to pray standing in the synagogues and on the corners of the broad ways to be visible to men. Truly I say to YOU, They are having their reward in full. 6 You, however, when you pray, go into your private room and, after shutting your door, pray to your Father who is in secret; then your Father who looks on in secret will repay you. 7 But when praying, do not say the same things over and over again, just as the people of the nations do, for they imagine they will get a hearing for their use of many words. 8 So, do not make yourselves like them, for God YOUR Father knows what things YOU are needing before ever YOU ask him.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                    • Jul 2003

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown
                    Religious moments are celebrations, why would Stevie Having Happy New Years on his under-shirt be any different of a celebration to expose ??.
                    There are multiple parts of the to the taunting rule:

Originally posted by NFL Rulebook
                    Section 3 Unsportsmanlike Conduct

TAUNTING

(c) The use of baiting or taunting acts or words that engender ill will between teams.
                    (d) Individual players involved in prolonged or excessive celebrations. Players are prohibited from engaging in any celebrations while on the ground. A celebration shall be deemed excessive or
                    prolonged if a player continues to celebrate after a warning from an official.
                    (e) Two-or-more players engage in prolonged, excessive, premeditated, or choreographed celebrations.
                    (f) Possession or use of foreign or extraneous object(s) that are not part of the uniform during the game on the field or the sideline, or using the ball as a pro
                    Johnson was called because of part (f), as the T-shirt with the message was not part of the the uniform.

In the notes it adds:

Originally posted by NFL Rulebook
                    Note 5: Violations of (d) will be penalized if they occur anywhere on the field other than the bench area
                    That is why Tebow goes to the sideline to kneel.
                    Last edited by Ickybaluky; 01-02-2012, 10:11 AM.

Comment

• alnilla
                      • Dec 2008

Tebow needs to pray b/c he cant throw a spiral to save his life.

Comment

• ticatfan
                        The Meathead of Muslims!
                        • Jul 2002

The NFL needs to loosen up.
                        Political correctness ( or cancel culture as it is called today) is a doctrine fostered by a delusional ,illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by MSM which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
                        Harry S Truman 1941.

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by ticatfan
                          The NFL needs to loosen up.
                          NFL=NO Fun League. I agree the NFL has some STUPID rules & would like to see them dropped, but rules must be followed, Stevie was an IDIOT.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by alnilla
                            Tebow needs to pray b/c he cant throw a spiral to save his life.
                            I think his motion is a bigger issue. He takes too long to deliver the ball. He has to read the play and get it out quicker.

This offseason will determine if Tebow can become an NFL QB. Right now, he can do a lot of things to help his team win. He runs well, and the threat of his running helps the overall run game. He actually does a pretty good job throwing outside the pocket in a scramble drill.

Where he is not comfortable is in the pocket. He can't read the play quickly and get rid of the ball on time. Usually, he holds it and throws deep. Teams have picked up on this and are forcing him to stay in the pocket, and he is struggling. They don't even rush him any more. They just keep him in the pocket and play him to run.

This offseason, he has to become a better player in the pocket. If he can do that, learning to make the throws necessary to run an NFL offense, he can be a good QB because he has special abilities in other aspects of the game. Granted, that is a tall order, but the kid will work at it. Given where they draft, he is likely given a shot in Denver next year. I like the kid a lot and hope he can do it, although I'm skeptical it can happen. That said, this isn't a kid I'd bet against.

He does have pretty good arm strength.
                            Last edited by Ickybaluky; 01-02-2012, 10:32 AM.

Comment

• djjimkelly
                              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by better days
                              Well, I blame yesterdays loss by the Broncos on the HC more than Tebow. It was a terrible game plan, the Broncos played not to lose rather than win & playing that way usually leads to a loss.

Say what you want about Tebow, but if Orton had been QB of the Broncos all year, they would have finished in the AFC West cellar rather than making the playoffs which they did with Tebow at QB.

it did have a dick jauron feel to it

Comment

Working...
                              X