PDA

View Full Version : 1992 Conference Championship - Denver @ Buffalo

Skooby
01-13-2012, 01:30 PM
Man, can we all time warp back to a time when we were good?

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/Remember-when-1992-AFC-Championship-Game/0d4a8238-7393-4fab-84f5-93bb1c738bf4

Mski
01-13-2012, 01:34 PM
didnt Gary Kubiak come in for Elway in that game, and actually play pretty well?

Skooby
01-13-2012, 01:36 PM
didnt Gary Kubiak come in for Elway in that game, and actually play pretty well?
He had like ~138 passing yards & ran for a their only TD. It was also Gary Kubiak's last NFL game, he retired after that season.

Don't Panic
01-13-2012, 04:10 PM
I was there... one of the most awkward wins I've ever seen in person. I figured we were destined after pulling out that one.

wozrob11
01-13-2012, 04:39 PM
but if TIM TEBOW could some how make a time machine out of a Dolorian then channel lightning from a clock tower to create the 1.21 gigawatts of electricity needed to power the flux compasiter and go back to the year 1992 he could go 8 for 12 with 113 yards and 1 int and beat the bills and still be back to play the pats on saturday

JohnnyGold
01-13-2012, 05:38 PM
a few things:

- if kelly was our qb today, 95% of bills fans would want him benched and whatever qb we drafted in the 4th round to be our starter next year.

- i've said this before, and ill say it again - to anyone who will listen. i absolutely hate instant replay. i'm sure that fumble at the end of the game, and the denver pick, would have been reversed if instant replay existed then. it just kills the flow and spirit of the game.

- our field and unis are so much better now. wow. i thought i was nostalgic for those super bowl unis, but not after watching a full year of us in our new ones.

- lastly. we need to host a playoff game again. *****. its been too long.

YardRat
01-13-2012, 05:44 PM
I remember Dan Reeves sour grapes immediately after that game..."They're going to get killed." Unfortunately, he was right.

warsawbassman
01-13-2012, 11:04 PM
That was one of the most brutaly boring games I have ever been to. The Bills offense was lights out all year till that game., and the defense was not that good that year. That game was a total 180 from the regular season and the KC playoff game. The weather was nice though for mid-Jan. AND LMFAO, my Grandmother hated Elway like nobody's business. We sat in the tunnle EZ where Bailey scoared the Bills only TD, we all went crazy for the score...she just kept yelling " F-YOU AND YOUR HORSE TEETH ELWAY"