PDA

View Full Version : TE = Game Changers

jdbillsfan
01-14-2012, 08:04 PM
Jimmy Graham and Vernon Davis were super impressive at the end of the game. Not sure if there is any TE in the draft that can help us like these guys, but if you can get a guy like this, they are very tough to stop.

Novacane
01-14-2012, 08:07 PM
I agree but we have a TE. Gailey just doesn't use the TE enough. Chandler would probably be a star if he played for NO or NE.

BillsFever21
01-14-2012, 08:10 PM
Chandler is average but I don't know about being a star if he was somewhere else. That's a bit of a stretch.

Bills fans have been clamoring for them to draft or get a good TE for about 5 years now and it has yet to happen. The wait continues...

Novacane
01-14-2012, 08:14 PM
Ok may be a stretch but he's good enough for how little Gailey uses the TE.

kingJofNYC
01-14-2012, 08:59 PM
Orson Charles is flying up draft boards, especially after today. 5 star recruit, in the Vernon Davis mold, Hernandez too.

Mr. Pink
01-14-2012, 09:36 PM
I agree but we have a TE. Gailey just doesn't use the TE enough. Chandler would probably be a star if he played for NO or NE.

Swap Gostkowski or Hernandez for Chandler and Chandler would be a stud over there and whichever of the two we got would be a nonfactor.

Not to say that Chandler is as good as New Englands guys but their offense is basically completely based around their tight ends.

Michael82
01-14-2012, 10:07 PM
I can't believe the Patriots got both Gronkowski and Hernandez. They are both studs! :sigh:

better days
01-15-2012, 08:40 AM
I can't believe the Patriots got both Gronkowski and Hernandez. They are both studs! :sigh:

And Gronkowski is from Buffalo & Hernandez is a Gator. Two guys I would have LOVED to see on the Bills & HATE to see on the Pats*

Historian
01-15-2012, 08:42 AM
Chandler played well when called upon....unfortunately it wasn't much.

Luisito23
01-15-2012, 08:48 AM

I agree...Chandler is a good player, but these dummies ignored him too much.

RedEyE
01-15-2012, 08:50 AM
You can have the best secondary in the league but as soon as you introduce a stud receiving TE into the lineup it dicks up the entire coverage scheme. There are very few LBs in the league that can cover these type guys. I think the Bills may have found one in Chandler and would really like to see him back in Buffalo.

hemi13
01-15-2012, 09:01 AM

I agree, and hope we resign him. I have liked this guy since I first saw him play for us.

EDS
01-15-2012, 09:11 AM
Chandler isn't close to being the athlete that Gronkowki, Graham or Davis are. Sorry.

better days
01-15-2012, 09:18 AM
Chandler isn't close to being the athlete that Gronkowki, Graham or Davis are. Sorry.

& don't forget Hernandez, he is a better athlete than Gronkowski & Graham. Chandler may not be quite the athlete those 4 are, but he is close.

Chandler is BIG & can catch the ball, something the Bills have not had in a TE in a long time. I really want the Bills to resign him myself.

YardRat
01-15-2012, 09:24 AM
& don't forget Hernandez, he is a better athlete than Gronkowski & Graham. Chandler may not be quite the athlete those 4 are, but he is close.

Chandler is BIG & can catch the ball, something the Bills have not had in a TE in a long time. I really want the Bills to resign him myself.

No speed. And that's a huge difference.

Historian
01-15-2012, 09:32 AM

Nobody is saying he is, but he is a solid player, (albeit undersized) on an average team.

He reminds me of Ed McCafferty when he was a Bronco.

And I could care less about speed...just hang on to the ball.

YardRat
01-15-2012, 10:07 AM
Gronkowski is going to start being compared to the best ever at the position, if he hasn't been already.

PTI
01-15-2012, 10:24 AM
Orson Charles is flying up draft boards, especially after today. 5 star recruit, in the Vernon Davis mold, Hernandez too.

He is without a doubt a guy close to the athlete that some of the current big play TEs are out there, Chandler cannot touch them physically.

better days
01-15-2012, 11:24 AM
No speed. And that's a huge difference.

Well, he may not have speed, but he gets open & can catch the ball. He is a great red zone target & with the Bills receivers, a good choice of receiver to pick up a first on 3rd down.

YardRat
01-15-2012, 11:48 AM
Well, he may not have speed, but he gets open & can catch the ball. He is a great red zone target & with the Bills receivers, a good choice of receiver to pick up a first on 3rd down.

Granted, but speed is the factor that keeps him from having the same affect on a game that the other three do.

better days
01-15-2012, 11:56 AM
Granted, but speed is the factor that keeps him from having the same affect on a game that the other three do.

I agree, but the Bills have no shot at the other 4 TEs mentioned. They can keep Chandler, & should.

ServoBillieves
01-15-2012, 12:32 PM
Nobody is saying he is, but he is a solid player, (albeit undersized) on an average team.

He reminds me of Ed McCafferty when he was a Bronco.

And I could care less about speed...just hang on to the ball.

Hmm... 6-7 265 is undersized eh? News to me...

To everyone else, how good of a blocker is Gron or Graham? Vernin is admittadley a freak of nature, can block and is a great receiver, but we don't need a superpower TE when we already have an above average one + need way more in other positions.

The Patriots drafted well. Here's my shocked face. No seriously here it is.

RedEyE
01-16-2012, 07:42 AM

Think about who throws to the guys you've listed above.

ThunderGun
01-16-2012, 08:08 AM

Yeah, but we got Troup and Carrington!