PDA

View Full Version : If the Patriots and the Giants make the Super Bowl

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-16-2012, 05:29 AM
I think I might miss my first Super Bowl since 1980. I have zero interest in watching those two teams play for the championship.

casdhf
01-16-2012, 06:24 AM
I'll root for anyone against NE.

zone
01-16-2012, 06:47 AM
I would like to see a Harbaugh Bowl.

Night Train
01-16-2012, 06:50 AM
Giants really have it going right now but let's see if Alex Smith can have another game like this weekend.

I'll root for the Ravens.

Forward_Lateral
01-16-2012, 06:57 AM
I predict the Niners blow the Giants out of the place.

Mahdi
01-16-2012, 07:12 AM
It could be Giants/Ravens again... Re-Match of SB 2000.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-16-2012, 07:15 AM
I predict NE blows out who ever shows up, which means I'll be doing something else by halftime cause I refuse to watch Brady and the hoodie prance around after another sb win

Mahdi
01-16-2012, 07:27 AM
I really don't think the Pats are as good as they seem. Obviously their offense is dangerous with those TEs but their schedule this year was very very soft.

First our division which was swiss cheese, then they played the AFCW which is even weaker. Then games against Washington, Philly, San Diego, Indi and Dallas who all had very bad seasons.

Their 2 biggest challenges were the Steelers and Giants and they lost both...

don137
01-16-2012, 07:52 AM
I want the 49ers and Patriots to lose. I hate the Pats and their arrogant fans and I never liked Harbaugh. If one player I do not want to see win a ring it's Whitner. He would just rub it into Bills fans. The Giants are playing good football and they would be fun to watch. I don't mind the Ravens but a Ravens-49ers Super Bowl would be a snoozefest. They played Thanksgiving night and the game was boring.

Johnny Bugmenot
01-16-2012, 07:56 AM
Right now, the 49ers are the only team holding my interest. I'm bored with the Ravens, Patriots and Giants. Same teams as always. Parity my ***.

I'm glad the 49ers have broken out of their slump. The Bay Area has for so long had two NFL teams, and both were laying an egg. Heck, I was starting to wonder whether or not one of them would have to leave before either would get good again-- and it turns out, that's not the case.

better days
01-16-2012, 08:42 AM
I want the 49ers and Patriots to lose. I hate the Pats and their arrogant fans and I never liked Harbaugh. If one player I do not want to see win a ring it's Whitner. He would just rub it into Bills fans. The Giants are playing good football and they would be fun to watch. I don't mind the Ravens but a Ravens-49ers Super Bowl would be a snoozefest. They played Thanksgiving night and the game was boring.

I was thinking I would rather see the Harbaughs VS the Harbaughs, but you are right about Whitner. Go Giants!

Static
01-16-2012, 08:43 AM
I would like to see the Giant's coach win it again. He seems to take alot of heat for nothing.

Mr. Miyagi
01-16-2012, 08:48 AM
I'll root for anyone against NE.
:goodpost:

better days
01-16-2012, 09:03 AM
I predict the Niners blow the Giants out of the place.

Well, did you predict the Giants would blow the Packers out of Lambau Field? Or the 49ers would blow the Saints out of the Bay? If so, You should start putting money on the games, you could make a fortune.

Prov401
01-16-2012, 10:09 AM
Pats haven't even played a playoff game yet. There are at least 10 teams that were sitting home better than the Broncos.

With that said, Ravens have to have their ground game going this week, because Flacco won't win them the game. The Raven's D will have to pick their poison as well. One of the Pat's receivers is going to have a big day, and if I were Baltimore, I'd let Welker be that guy ala the 1st Buffalo game. Double Gostkowski, and bully Welker/Branch all game long. If I were a betting man however, I'd say Pats advance.

I'm more excited for the NFC title game. I think we are in for a classic with that one. The Giants are looking eerily similar to the team they were in 2007. I think they advance this weekend.

If that happens, I'm all for Eli winning his 2nd title over the Pats once again.

Prov401
01-16-2012, 10:11 AM
Well, did you predict the Giants would blow the Packers out of Lambau Field? Or the 49ers would blow the Saints out of the Bay? If so, You should start putting money on the games, you could make a fortune.

49ers didn't blow the Saints out of anywhere.

delectrolux
01-16-2012, 10:24 AM
If it's Giants/Pats, I would love to see the Giants break the Patriots again. I was in China the last time and totally missed the end of the perfect season.

If it's the Giants/Ravens, I would love for Lee Evans to get a ring.

If the 49ers win... I'd be really surprised.

Joe Fo Sho
01-16-2012, 10:36 AM
My 2 most hated teams in any sport. I have very little interest in any of the remaining games.

Historian
01-16-2012, 11:35 AM
I'm not a Giants fan, but I am a fan of how they win:

Run the ball, and play physical, smashmouth football.

Ralph still thinks he's in the AFL...

better days
01-16-2012, 11:44 AM
49ers didn't blow the Saints out of anywhere.

The score differential may not have been as high as the Giants/Packers, but the Saints were 3.5 point favorites, so anyone that bet on the 49ers MADE MONEY. So yeah, I think it can be said the 49ers blew the Saints out of the bay.

jpdex12
01-16-2012, 11:53 AM
If it means Tommy Boy is one step closer to retiring because he reigns supreme at the QB position with SB rings then I'll root for the Partriots just to get him and Bill out of the NFL and send the Patriots to the bottom of the division.

The Jokeman
01-16-2012, 12:18 PM
It could be Giants/Ravens again... Re-Match of SB 2000.
Of course it could also be a 2007 Super Bowl rematch and watch Eli beat Brady again be pretty sweet. Though I think the idea of Eli beating Ray Lewis be better.

TacklingDummy
01-16-2012, 12:18 PM
I hate the Giants.

Go New England.

The Jokeman
01-16-2012, 12:25 PM
I hate the Giants.

Go New England.
I generally don't like any of the remaining 4 teams but for some reason am rooting for Eli because the more and more I watch him the more I like his game. As he's had to live in his brother's shadow for ages but the reality is he's been a great clutch QB throughout his career. Alex Smith is also a great story but not a big Jim Harbaugh fan and as mentioned before can't stand Brady or Ray Ray so to me Eli and the Giants are the lesser of all evils.

Oaf
01-16-2012, 12:28 PM
I predict NE blows out who ever shows up, which means I'll be doing something else by halftime cause I refuse to watch Brady and the hoodie prance around after another sb win
Just like the last time they played the Giants?

OpIv37
01-16-2012, 12:34 PM
If the Patriots make it, I won't watch period. I can't stand seeing that team win again.

better days
01-16-2012, 01:12 PM
If the Patriots make it, I won't watch period. I can't stand seeing that team win again.

Yeah, but it is GREAT to watch them LOSE. I hope the Ravens beat them for the AFC Championship, but the Pats* will have homefield advantage.

A Giants-Pats* rematch in the Super Bowl would draw MANY viewers & it is the matchup the NFL hopes for IMO.

IMO, Eli is a better QB than he was the last time the Giants & Pats* met in the Super Bowl & I think The Giants would win the rematch.

ThunderGun
01-16-2012, 03:03 PM
I can't believe I'm rooting for the Giants, but I hate the Patriots, and I'll be furious if either Donte ****ner or Lee Evans get a superbowl ring.

So......GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!

JohnnyGold
01-16-2012, 03:11 PM
no way on gods green earth new england gets by baltimore. they wont score 20 points against that D. and their D can't stop anyone, except for tebow.

NFC is a crap shoot, i don't follow that conference or know much about it. either way, superbowl is sure to be boring this year.

BuffaloBillsStampede
01-16-2012, 03:19 PM
The amount of bull**** I have seen by Giants fans on Facebook coupled with my wife's entire family running their mouths about how much better the Giants are than the Bills has given me a hatred for the Giants. I will root for whoever is playing them including the Patriots.

justasportsfan
01-16-2012, 03:40 PM
If it were the Cowboys vs. Pats , I really wouldn't care. My 2 most hated teams

Prov401
01-16-2012, 05:00 PM
The score differential may not have been as high as the Giants/Packers, but the Saints were 3.5 point favorites, so anyone that bet on the 49ers MADE MONEY. So yeah, I think it can be said the 49ers blew the Saints out of the bay.

lol no, I don't think that can be said. 49ers were seconds away from losing.

better days
01-16-2012, 05:07 PM
lol no, I don't think that can be said. 49ers were seconds away from losing.

Yeah it can be said. People that bet on the 49ers MADE MONEY. The Saints DID NOT cover the spread.

imbondz
01-16-2012, 05:10 PM
I won't watch it if the Pats are in it, and/or the 49ers are in it. My 2 least favorite teams. This has to be the worst 4 teams left for me in a long time.

the only scenario I will watch is if it's the Giants and Ravens. and even then, i'll barely be watching.

DynaPaul
01-16-2012, 05:23 PM
If the Giants and Pats meet again I hope it's a repeat of the last time they played. It'd be nice to see Brady and Belichick close their careers out with 2 Super Bowl losses.

OpIv37
01-16-2012, 05:32 PM
I won't watch it if the Pats are in it, and/or the 49ers are in it. My 2 least favorite teams. This has to be the worst 4 teams left for me in a long time.

the only scenario I will watch is if it's the Giants and Ravens. and even then, i'll barely be watching.

I'm ambiguous on the 49ers (except for Whitner) but there are enough other teams that I hate that I can understand where you are coming from.

better days
01-16-2012, 05:42 PM
I usually go to a Super Bowl party. If it is a game I want to see, I pay more attention to it, if not I enjoy the food & company.