PDA

View Full Version : Fred Jackson, C.J. Spiller expected to share carries

YardRat
01-16-2012, 03:37 PM
http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=765929-bills-fred-jackson,-c.j.-spiller-expected-to-share-carries

"I wouldn't call it 50-50, but it's closer to 50-50 than it ever has been because (Spiller's) more confident and we have more confidence in him having experience now," said Gailey. "To me it's a win-win for everybody except them individually. It's a win-win for the team. It's a win-win for setting up game plans and for us making it through the season healthy. It's not a win-win for each of them individually because neither one of them will get the ball as much as they want to."

NOT THE DUDE...
01-16-2012, 04:06 PM
we need to use jackson and spiller the way the saints use thomas and sproles...

Forward_Lateral
01-17-2012, 07:18 AM
Who gives a crap if it makes FJ or CJ unhappy. If they are team players, they'll accept the role. If they aren't, ship them out and get someone who will.

OpIv37
01-17-2012, 07:50 AM
Mother****er.

We're already talking about 2012 when there are still 4 teams left in 2011.

sqad5
01-17-2012, 09:09 AM
let jackson hammer the middle then let spiller burn them down the sideline

Mr. Miyagi
01-17-2012, 09:28 AM
let jackson hammer the middle then let spiller burn them down the sideline
Great plan. Look! 28 is in the backfield. Contain outside!

sqad5
01-17-2012, 09:52 AM
Great plan. Look! 28 is in the backfield. Contain outside!
aww come on i was just saying dick beater,did you ever get those stretch marks fixed around your lips

TacklingDummy
01-17-2012, 11:00 AM
Fred Jackson continues to get disrespected.

He should ask for a trade.

The Jokeman
01-17-2012, 07:06 PM
Fred Jackson continues to get disrespected.

He should ask for a trade.
Have we learned nothing from trading Henry, McGahee and Lynch? Keep the talent you have until their contract runs out.

TacklingDummy
01-17-2012, 07:10 PM
Have we learned nothing from trading Henry, McGahee and Lynch? Keep the talent you have until their contract runs out.
Those douche bags had to go because they were douche bags. Fred is all class and doesn't deserve the disrespect he gets in Buffalo. Trade him to a winner.

The Jokeman
01-17-2012, 07:16 PM
Those douche bags had to go because they were douche bags. Fred is all class and doesn't deserve the disrespect he gets in Buffalo. Trade him to a winner.
F-that! I'm a Bills fan before a Freddie Jackson fan and to me my team is better served with him on the roster than traded for some unknown draft pick. If he cries about not getting playing time than I trade him to a worse team like Tampa or Cleveland and give us a better draft pick which we'll no doubt waste on some lesser talent player.

BillsfaninFL
01-17-2012, 08:46 PM
I mean no disrespect for Spiller, but drafting him was a bad decision by the Bills, because the team was solid at RB with Lynch and Jackson. Even if Spiller develops into a great back, that's a minor upgrade in that position. The glaring needs in starting spots should have been addressed.

There will always be an argument about whether to pick the best player available or the guy who fills the biggest hole in the lineup. In my opinion, if you have a strong team that is usually a contender, you can afford to pick the BPA. But if you are a bottom dweller in the NFL, you have to fill gaping holes first, until your team is competitive every week. The reason is that a superstar will not help that much if your team is so weak in some areas that it cannot overcome the weaknesses.

It's possible, that if we drafted Peyton Manning or Tom Brady, that they would have been nowhere near as valuable to our team as they were to their respective teams because they may have been running for their life on most plays or failing to complete passes because receivers can't get open, etc.

BillsFever21
01-17-2012, 09:06 PM
I'm not a big fan of RB's splitting carries unless all you have is a couple average RB's. If you have any starting material RB's then one of them needs to emerge and get the bulk of the carries.

Most RB's can't get into the flow of the game when they have a carry or two and then come out of the game and so forth. They start getting into the flow of the game and setting the defense up with each carry.

When you have a good RB like Jackson and a highly drafted young one which showed some promise last year then one of them needs to get the bulk of the carries with the other one spelling them for a relief here and there. Out of 30 carries the starting RB should get around 22-25 of them with his relief getting the rest.

That's one reason why I would be willing to trade Jackson if we could get anything decent for him. He's going to be 31 years old and we have a young RB who we drafted high that showed a lot of promise when he started to get regular playing time last season.

I love Freddie but he doesn't fit into our long-term plans at his age. Even if this team did turn it around in the near future Jackson would be too old or wouldn't be here for the run anyway. Spiller with his age and contract would be. He needs to grow with the team and see what he has especially with how much we have invested in him.

If we couldn't trade Jackson for something decent then keep him next year and see how it plays out. By Gailey stating he wants to split the carries you can see they are leaning towards passing the torch to the future. If we could get anything of value for Jackson we would be better off long-term to do it now. This team isn't going anywhere next season in Jackson's last year of his contract and at 32 years old he wouldn't worth re-signing for very much money.

Let Jackson go to a team where he has a chance of winning while he still has something left if they are willing to give us reasonable compensation. If not then keep him another season and see how it plays out. At the worse we have two good RB's if somebody gets injured.

methos4ever
01-17-2012, 09:22 PM
Jacobs and Bradshaw back in the day didn't mind sharing (both went over 1,000). Also Deangelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart went over 1,100 two years ago. Chan just have to run it enough to get usage of both and not abandon it.

BillsFever21
01-17-2012, 09:48 PM
Jacobs and Bradshaw back in the day didn't mind sharing (both went over 1,000). Also Deangelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart went over 1,100 two years ago. Chan just have to run it enough to get usage of both and not abandon it.

That's the thing. Chan loves to drop back with Fitzpatrick 40 times a game and run it 20-25 even when Fitzpatrick is stinking up the place.

I understand this is the new NFL and the rules attribute to that but when you have a crappy QB that strategy doesn't work. I don't know how many times we were running the ball good but Gailey just insisted on keep passing instead of sticking to the running game more.

With how bad/average our QB is our offense needs to revolve around the running game to set up the passing game and not the other way around. The less Fitzpatrick is throwing when it's not needed the better. Especially with how many INT's he throws.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-17-2012, 10:20 PM
even though fred did get carries in college and europe, it wasnt that many... very few carries actually. and then his frist 2 years here from 07-08 he didnt carry the ball that much.. hes a very young 31... i would sign him for 3 more years until he is 34. im very confident he can be one of the best backs in the league for the next 2 years, and then be a solid backup when he is 33 and 34... i think he can last like ricky williams or marcus allen..

better days
01-19-2012, 09:11 AM
I'm not a big fan of RB's splitting carries unless all you have is a couple average RB's. If you have any starting material RB's then one of them needs to emerge and get the bulk of the carries.

Most RB's can't get into the flow of the game when they have a carry or two and then come out of the game and so forth. They start getting into the flow of the game and setting the defense up with each carry.

When you have a good RB like Jackson and a highly drafted young one which showed some promise last year then one of them needs to get the bulk of the carries with the other one spelling them for a relief here and there. Out of 30 carries the starting RB should get around 22-25 of them with his relief getting the rest.

That's one reason why I would be willing to trade Jackson if we could get anything decent for him. He's going to be 31 years old and we have a young RB who we drafted high that showed a lot of promise when he started to get regular playing time last season.

I love Freddie but he doesn't fit into our long-term plans at his age. Even if this team did turn it around in the near future Jackson would be too old or wouldn't be here for the run anyway. Spiller with his age and contract would be. He needs to grow with the team and see what he has especially with how much we have invested in him.

If we couldn't trade Jackson for something decent then keep him next year and see how it plays out. By Gailey stating he wants to split the carries you can see they are leaning towards passing the torch to the future. If we could get anything of value for Jackson we would be better off long-term to do it now. This team isn't going anywhere next season in Jackson's last year of his contract and at 32 years old he wouldn't worth re-signing for very much money.

Let Jackson go to a team where he has a chance of winning while he still has something left if they are willing to give us reasonable compensation. If not then keep him another season and see how it plays out. At the worse we have two good RB's if somebody gets injured.

Well, there is no way the Bills would get a pick of Jacksons worth because of his age. I say keep him & I would be happy to see him extended for a couple years.