• Cali512
    • Jan 2012

First post

Hey im new and wanna get peoples opinions of things so far such as,

How do u feel about Ryan Fitzpatrick?

Early draft picks?

What do u believe are our team needs?

Is Johnson going to be resigned?
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions
  • BADTHINGSMAN
    • Oct 2002

Re: First post

Welcome to the zone. Please wipe your feet before stepping on the carpet.

Not sold on Fitz, he is not a starting caliber QB. He has his moments but not enough.

Doesnt matter where Buffalo drafts, if they dont draft the right players.

Buffalo needs everything except RB.

IMO and hopes, Buffalo and Stevie will come to a deal. Stevie needs to grow up and Buffalo needs to stop letting good players walk.

Comment

• zone
      No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
      • Oct 2003

Cali512, welcome. There are endless threads on all of those topics, just read up and feel free to join the conversations in those threads.
      www.blzbus.com

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
        Skoobasaurus-Rex
        • Oct 2011

Owner farts dust, so how did you think this is going to turn out?

Comment

• TigerJ
          • Jul 2002

As zone said, hundreds of opinions have already been expressed on these topics. I am not a great Fitzpatrick fan, but I'm more patient than some. Looking at last season, Fitzpatrick played very well some of the time, and was putrid some of the time. There are various theories as to whythat was. One theory I heard expressed is that defenses caught up to what Buffalo was doing and Fitzpatrick and Gailey couldn't change. If that's the case, we're in for another dismal season. The theory I subscribe to now is that Fitzpatrick sustained a rib injury in the Washington game, which affected his accuracy and in particular his ability to go deep much of the rest of the season. He's still not a great QB, but if he's healthy and surrounded by enough talent, he may be good enough to get the Bills into the playoffs. After that, who knows?

The Bills have two clear cut draft needs that I believe they will address early in the draft, pass rush and wide receiver. It's also possible they will look at drafting an offensive tackle early, particularly if they decline to re-sign Demetrius Bell. Cornerback is yet another option though the recent arrest of Dre Kirkpatrick, the only real good value likely to be available at CB when the Bills draft kind of put the kabash on that notion in the first round. Pass rush could be addressed with a defensive end (Quinton Coples) or an outside linebacker (Nick Perry?). A lot of mocks have Upshaw going to the Bills, but his greatest value seems to be as a 3-4 rush linebacker, and with Buffalo hiring Dave Wannstedt as DC, that seems to be less of an option now. I'm kind of leaning toward Coples at the moment.

I think the Bills will try hard to re-sign Steve Johnson, but nobody really knows if they'll succeed.

So, what do you think?
          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Cali512
            Hey im new and wanna get peoples opinions of things so far such as,

How do u feel about Ryan Fitzpatrick?

Early draft picks?

What do u believe are our team needs?

Is Johnson going to be resigned?
            First, Welcome to the board.
            Here is my opinion on the questions you provided:

Ryan Fitzpatrick I think, can improve on this last season with a better receiving core and healthier Oline. He lacks the tools to ever carry this team on his back, and win a Superbowl ala a Tom Brady, Peyton Manning etc. But, a really good defense could potentially get him there a lot like the 49ers are doing for Alex Smith.

As far as Early draft picks, I'm going to answer it 2 ways.
            1. Our 2011 draft class:
            Most of our picks seem to be good ones early on. A good portion of them got a lot of exposure early as Bills players were dropping like dead flies to injury. There is no substitute for actual games played when teaching a rookie as they say.

Hairston appears destined to play a starting roll at one of the tackle positions on offense. Justin Rogers seems to have found his niche in the Kick Return specialty, and not too bad at safety for a low draft pick. Searcy, A. Willliams, and Sheppard all showed promise, but obviously need more time to develop. I think Dareus had a strong showing as a rookie DT. He was very impressive, and I thought was well worth the pick in the first round for the Bills.

2. The 2012 draft class and team needs:

Once again needs are plentiful on this team. Depending on who you ask, we need everything from QB to Kicker minus the RB's. Personally, I am not impressed with this next draft's stock of prospects. There are names to be had, Burfict, Jefferey, Upshaw, Coples etc. But those are probably all first rounders which means your only getting 1 of them. I'm not a draft expert by any means, but personally don't like what I've read on them to this point.

Finally on Johnson,

I think if I were a betting man, I'd put my money on him playing for someone else in 2012. I think it would be a mistake for this team to let him go. But the Bills get pretty stubborn with contract negotiations which is why we lose a lot of players to other teams. It's going to come down to how badly Johnson really wants to be a Bill. As of right now, no one really knows.

Comment

Working...
            X