PDA

View Full Version : BBD Mock v3.3

DraftBoy
01-16-2012, 11:12 PM
http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2012-nfl-mock-draft/

Took some people's advice, disregarded others and made some other changes.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-17-2012, 01:57 AM
is nick perry really that good? idk.. would rather go with upshaw...

better days
01-17-2012, 08:13 AM
I would rather have Upshaw as well. In the real draft, I would expect the Rams to trade down if they don't take RGIII themselves. I don't know if they are sold on Bradford, but if they are, I'm sure there will be a bidding war for RGIII & the winner will PAY to get him.

DraftBoy
01-17-2012, 10:38 AM
I would rather have Upshaw as well. In the real draft, I would expect the Rams to trade down if they don't take RGIII themselves. I don't know if they are sold on Bradford, but if they are, I'm sure there will be a bidding war for RGIII & the winner will PAY to get him.

I dont mock trades and if we switch to a 43 I dont see a reason to take Upshaw.

PTI
01-17-2012, 11:00 AM
You are crazy if you think Foles would not be picked by Buffalo in round 3 if available and also crazy for not having him selected in before the first 40 picks.

DraftBoy
01-17-2012, 11:06 AM
You are crazy if you think Foles would not be picked by Buffalo in round 3 if available and also crazy for not having him selected in before the first 40 picks.

Noted, and unless he wows in Mobile I disagree.

better days
01-17-2012, 12:49 PM
I dont mock trades and if we switch to a 43 I dont see a reason to take Upshaw.

I assumed you did not mock trades, that is the reason I said in the REAL draft.

DraftBoy
01-17-2012, 02:03 PM
I assumed you did not mock trades, that is the reason I said in the REAL draft.

Don't count on the Rams to trade down, they have no reason to move. So unless somebody offers something insane it likely won't happen.

YardRat
01-17-2012, 05:20 PM
Looks like you're assuming the Bills are definitely switching to a 43 with this mock.

Sanu concerns me...that's a classic boom or bust pick.

Don't Panic
01-17-2012, 05:28 PM

Foles will never be a quality NFL QB. Dude is Trent Edwards with a little more confidence.

PTI
01-17-2012, 08:27 PM
Foles will never be a quality NFL QB. Dude is Trent Edwards with a little more confidence.
Wow, have you seen the huge difference in their college stats?

Bert102176
01-18-2012, 01:09 AM
no thanks to nick perry

DraftBoy
01-18-2012, 07:27 AM
Looks like you're assuming the Bills are definitely switching to a 43 with this mock.

Sanu concerns me...that's a classic boom or bust pick.

I agree Sanu is a risk but I think he's actually a lot safer than boom or bust. He's got strong hands, he's a strong route runner, and he's versatile.

better days
01-18-2012, 09:15 AM
Don't count on the Rams to trade down, they have no reason to move. So unless somebody offers something insane it likely won't happen.

Well, if the Browns at #4 offer the Rams their 2nd rnd pick, why not trade down? The Browns would be drafting RGIII & the Rams don't want him anyway. That leaves one team before they get their pick.

To pick up an extra HIGH 2nd rnd pick, with all their needs, I think that is a no brainer unless the Rams want RGIII themselves.

That trade also makes sense for Cleveland because a 2nd rnd pick is not much to give up for a potential franchise QB & if they don't make that trade, another team could offer the Rams much more to move up & grab RGIII.

justasportsfan
01-18-2012, 10:23 AM
I wouldn't count out Snyder to sell the farm for Rg3

ZAZusmc03
01-18-2012, 11:06 AM
I wouldn't mind having a Jones on the team from the 3rd round. Wrestled with bones and his brother in high school. Both were really good guys.

DraftBoy
01-18-2012, 11:54 AM
Well, if the Browns at #4 offer the Rams their 2nd rnd pick, why not trade down? The Browns would be drafting RGIII & the Rams don't want him anyway. That leaves one team before they get their pick.

To pick up an extra HIGH 2nd rnd pick, with all their needs, I think that is a no brainer unless the Rams want RGIII themselves.

That trade also makes sense for Cleveland because a 2nd rnd pick is not much to give up for a potential franchise QB & if they don't make that trade, another team could offer the Rams much more to move up & grab RGIII.

The asking price for RGIII right now is three 1st round picks. A high 2nd is even close.

utmhead
01-18-2012, 12:29 PM
You really think that LB from BC is going in round 2, Every draft I have seen he is a top 15 pick

JCBills
01-18-2012, 12:34 PM
You really think that LB from BC is going in round 2, Every draft I have seen he is a top 15 pick

Most ILBs aren't top 15 picks unless they are P. Willis.

Every year you will see players projected higher or lowe than where they actually go, hence it being a mock draft.

YardRat
01-18-2012, 01:10 PM
I agree Sanu is a risk but I think he's actually a lot safer than boom or bust. He's got strong hands, he's a strong route runner, and he's versatile.

Weaknesses: Raw, has only played WR for a few seasons – Not overly explosive, may struggle to create seperation at NFL level – Needs to refine his route running and technique – Can drop some catchable balls which he lets get into his pads – 40 time will likely determine how high he can be drafted

utmhead
01-18-2012, 01:25 PM
Most ILBs aren't top 15 picks unless they are P. Willis.

Every year you will see players projected higher or lowe than where they actually go, hence it being a mock draft.

I agree with getting this wrong being a mock draft,but MLB go in the top 15 most years.
In no particular order these guys were all 1st round guys that were MLB when drafted.
Rolando Mcclain, Brian Cushing, Aaron Curry, Jerod Mayo, Patrick Willis, Jon Beason, Chad GReenway, Bobby Carpenter, Jon Vilma, nick Barnett
That is only going back 8 years or so.

JCBills
01-18-2012, 01:38 PM
I agree with getting this wrong being a mock draft,but MLB go in the top 15 most years.
In no particular order these guys were all 1st round guys that were MLB when drafted.
Rolando Mcclain, Brian Cushing, Aaron Curry, Jerod Mayo, Patrick Willis, Jon Beason, Chad GReenway, Bobby Carpenter, Jon Vilma, nick Barnett

I'm not saying teams won't reach on one, but as far as value goes, most of the guys near the top are end of 1st to 2nd round.

utmhead
01-18-2012, 01:49 PM
I'm not saying teams won't reach on one, but as far as value goes, most of the guys near the top are end of 1st to 2nd round.

that's a totally different argument, which I don't disagree with.

DraftBoy
01-18-2012, 02:11 PM
Weaknesses: Raw, has only played WR for a few seasons – Not overly explosive, may struggle to create seperation at NFL level – Needs to refine his route running and technique – Can drop some catchable balls which he lets get into his pads – 40 time will likely determine how high he can be drafted

Disagree with that part, he ran a limited amount of routes, but the routes he ran were well run.

Problem there is that the report doesn't properly characterize the weakness. What it should say is that he has an under developed route treet not that he needs to refine his route running. Who/What is the source?

DraftBoy
01-18-2012, 02:13 PM

I think he will and I think anybody taking him in the top 15 will probably be looking for a new job in a year or two. If this is going to be the same arguments that were brought up last year with Herzlich we can save our time and just agree to disagree.

DraftBoy
01-18-2012, 02:14 PM

One massive issue, Kuechly isn't the best MLB in this class, or even really close. He's 4th on my list 2nd and 3rd on others. You're comparing him like he's the top dog and he's not.

utmhead
01-18-2012, 02:20 PM
One massive issue, Kuechly isn't the best MLB in this class, or even really close. He's 4th on my list 2nd and 3rd on others. You're comparing him like he's the top dog and he's not.

He is the top ILB in this class, he is a tackiling Machine, others might be better "playmakers" but he is the best all around guy this year.

utmhead
01-18-2012, 02:22 PM
I think he will and I think anybody taking him in the top 15 will probably be looking for a new job in a year or two. If this is going to be the same arguments that were brought up last year with Herzlich we can save our time and just agree to disagree.

Herzlich is a different argument, the guy had cancer and still has steel rods in his legs, great story that he even made it back to play in the nfl, but he will never be the player he was a BC.

JCBills
01-18-2012, 02:26 PM
He is the top ILB in this class, he is a tackiling Machine, others might be better "playmakers" but he is the best all around guy this year.

I disagree. I have him as a tossup for the 3rd best in this class, which isn't a great ILB class to begin with. Thay may change when they hit the field in the league, but on this side of things, that's how it seems.

DraftBoy
01-18-2012, 03:47 PM

No he's not. He can't cover, he lacks range, he's not even that great laterally. He's good but not the best with his instincts, discipline, and ability to fill gaps.

DraftBoy
01-18-2012, 03:48 PM
Herzlich is a different argument, the guy had cancer and still has steel rods in his legs, great story that he even made it back to play in the nfl, but he will never be the player he was a BC.

Agreed and I said the same thing countless times last year despite BC nation insisting he was better than he actually was.

Fantastic story and I wish the kid the best, but I didnt want anything to do with him, still really don't. He'll never be the guy he was at BC.

cookie G
01-18-2012, 04:24 PM
Disagree with that part, he ran a limited amount of routes, but the routes he ran were well run.

Problem there is that the report doesn't properly characterize the weakness. What it should say is that he has an under developed route treet not that he needs to refine his route running. Who/What is the source?

That's from you. Or at least what is listed as a scouting report from your site. it is the link under "scouting report" next to his name.

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2011/11/mohamed-sanu-scouting-report.html

I think that's why Yardie posted it.

YardRat
01-18-2012, 04:50 PM

It is the scouting report that you linked to.

DraftBoy
01-18-2012, 04:53 PM

That's from you. Or at least what is listed as a scouting report from your site. it is the link under "scouting report" next to his name.

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2011/11/mohamed-sanu-scouting-report.html

I think that's why Yardie posted it.

Not from me. From a network site, while confusing it makes it easier to cover 100's of prospects. Ill need to send an email now though. Damnit...

DraftBoy
01-18-2012, 04:54 PM
It is the scouting report that you linked to.

Sweet...now I have to send an email...