X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SabreEleven
    • Aug 2002

Next Year is Here

I think it's time to look at next year. Sabres can get a decent draft pick plus picking up from FA and trading the crap on the team. Let's start preparing to make a run next year. We won't get Nail because we suck at sucking but we should get a top ten and hopefully top five. Can Stafford and Roy get us some draft picks?
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Next Year is Here

With their cap numbers, those two idiots should be moved for anything that's offered. It's a long shot, but when it gets a little closer to the deadline, we may be able to off-load them on a good team with a key injury or something.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• PTI
      Banned
      • Jan 2011

Sabres must trade Robyn Reghyr, he has the most value of anyone going to the playoffs. He has not brought anything to this team, his value and leadership has not transferred to anyone else, and if anything, the other crap has made him look worse. He gives the puck away in front of the net just like the other guys do. However, he would be a very hot trade out there if offered. I think they can package him with someone they want to get rid of.

They must trade Roy, Ennis, or Gerbe, maybe all of them, or two of them and keep Ennis.

Some team will want Leopold and perhaps Gragnani, both for the power play, and Grags partially on some crazy way he is a plus over ten player on this really bad team.

Comment

• PTI
        Banned
        • Jan 2011

Owner Terry Pegula revamped the Buffalo Sabres' roster to try to nab a championship. What he's got instead is a team in turmoil.

Underachieving Sabres spiraling out of control

By Nicholas J. Cotsonika, Yahoo! Sports 9 hours, 14 minutes ago

DETROIT—This is not what Terry Pegula paid for.
        The billionaire bought the Buffalo Sabres for $189 million last February. He choked up talking about his boyhood heroes, talked about winning the Stanley Cup, declared he would spare no expense.
        Then he spared no expense. He entertained the players’ fathers on his yacht in Florida. He made a splash in free agency and pushed the payroll to the salary cap. He spent millions more on arena renovations – a new coat of paint and a new dressing room. Hell, he even bought the Sabres’ minor-league team.

more...
        Last edited by Dude; 01-18-2012, 07:25 PM. Reason: Please don't post entire articles

Comment

• SabreEleven
          • Aug 2002

Originally posted by PTI
          Sabres must trade Robyn Reghyr, he has the most value of anyone going to the playoffs. He has not brought anything to this team, his value and leadership has not transferred to anyone else, and if anything, the other crap has made him look worse. He gives the puck away in front of the net just like the other guys do. However, he would be a very hot trade out there if offered. I think they can package him with someone they want to get rid of.

They must trade Roy, Ennis, or Gerbe, maybe all of them, or two of them and keep Ennis.

Some team will want Leopold and perhaps Gragnani, both for the power play, and Grags partially on some crazy way he is a plus over ten player on this really bad team.
          Sabres aren't trading Robyn Reghyr in the near future, probably withn the next 3. If the Sabres trade him through this year or next, I will give you all my ZB's at that time.

Comment

• PTI
            Banned
            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by SabreEleven
            Sabres aren't trading Robyn Reghyr in the near future, probably withn the next 3. If the Sabres trade him through this year or next, I will give you all my ZB's at that time.
            He has more value than any other player though, and can open up money elsewhere by forcing someone to take some dead weight. I think it makes sense.

I'll stop though, you asked me to not bring it up in another thread.
            Last edited by PTI; 01-17-2012, 12:28 PM.

Comment

• SabreEleven
              • Aug 2002

Originally posted by PTI
              He has more value than any other player though, and can open up money elsewhere by forcing someone to take some dead weight. I think it makes sense.

After what they went through to get him here, it won't happen.

Comment

• don137
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by PTI

He has a no trade clause in his contract. The Sabres had to convince him to waive it to come here.

Comment

• casdhf
                  • Jul 2002

We're the Redskins of hockey.
                  Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                  cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• PTI
                    Banned
                    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by don137
                    He has a no trade clause in his contract. The Sabres had to convince him to waive it to come here.
                    And the Sabres stink and there is no balls on this team, you don't think he would take a ticket out of here to a playoff team?

Comment

• SkateZilla
                      • Dec 2002

Originally posted by PTI
                      And the Sabres stink and there is no balls on this team, you don't think he would take a ticket out of here to a playoff team?

backstabbing a team to get to a playoff team is the type of "word of mouth" that gets around via players and coaches, and eventually no one would want to play with him.
                      Skate Zilla
                      -----------------------
                      Skate Zilla HD Studios:
                      SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• don137
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by PTI
                        Do you recall Regehr's decision to waive his no trade clause. Hockey was just part of the reason why he waived his no trade clause. Regehr is married with kids. He wanted a great place to raise a family and had very good schools. He talked to several people about the area. He is not one that wants to keep relocating his family. You need to realize these players are not just athletes but have family they need to think about as well.

Comment

• PTI
                          Banned
                          • Jan 2011

Fine, even if they can't trade Reghyr, there is no way anyone can tell me he hasw brought anything to this team this year, not a thing, he has been just as terrible as any other DMAN on the team. He might play against the best guys but still, his plus/minus is horrible, worst on the team. He only has 11 more blocks than Leopold and Sekera. He has the most hits, but they seem to mean very little, he is as much of a bust as any new player the Sabres have got.

Comment

• SkateZilla
                            • Dec 2002

Originally posted by PTI
                            Fine, even if they can't trade Reghyr, there is no way anyone can tell me he hasw brought anything to this team this year, not a thing, he has been just as terrible as any other DMAN on the team. He might play against the best guys but still, his plus/minus is horrible, worst on the team. He only has 11 more blocks than Leopold and Sekera. He has the most hits, but they seem to mean very little, he is as much of a bust as any new player the Sabres have got.

his +/- is horrible because he plays against the best... .. :shrug:

OV doesnt like playing against him now for sure.
                            Skate Zilla
                            -----------------------
                            Skate Zilla HD Studios:
                            SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• Mski
                              • Mar 2006

+/- is a useless stat... isnt grags over+10 on the year? are you saying that grags is a better dman then reghr? he is hands down the best defensive defenseman on the team, and been anythig but a bust.... he wasnt brought in here to be a 50pt guy, they probably didnt expect 20 pts out of him, thats not what he's here for. he's here to shut down the #1 guys on the other teams, and he's been pretty good at doing that
                              RIP Tommy D!
                              12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

Comment

Working...
                              X