PDA

View Full Version : Miller is now the 4th worst goalie in the NHL

Cleve
01-17-2012, 08:27 AM
According to ESPN's stats this morning, he's 42nd out of 45 in the NHL in GAA

http://espn.go.com/nhl/statistics/player/_/stat/goaltending/sort/avgGoalsAgainst

Some of that is the team in front of him. But his play has definitely eroded - last night gives up 5 goals in 25 minutes of play, and 3 of those were softies.

Miller slide downhill began about the time he got that girlfriend of his (now his wife I guess). A GOOD coach could kick the cobwebs loose and get him focused. But Ruff seems as soft, as apathetic, and unmotivated as Miller himself.

Why isn't Ruff starting Enroth? he's 18th in the NHL in GAA - 25 places ABOVE Miller, and he's only started 5 fewer games than Miller this season. So it's not like these GAA numbers are flukes.

And no, I don't think Enroth is the long-term solution for starting goalie - Miller needs to improve or be replaced. I think Enroth is a great as a top-shelf back-up.

Skooby
01-17-2012, 09:10 AM
He averages 2-3 softies a game.

rbochan
01-17-2012, 09:15 AM
Mill3r.

PTI
01-17-2012, 10:29 AM
Looks like Goalie has to be near the top of who the Sabres select next year, or they have to pay someone to come in as a FA. There are several guys kicking but in net that changed teams this past year and were brought in.

Johnny Bugmenot
01-18-2012, 03:04 PM
Well, they have Enroth, too, so really, you're looking for a guy who is a competent goalie, but won't get moody if he isn't starter. As I understand it, Marty Biron might be available.