• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fitzpatrick'sbeard
    Veteran Zoner
    • Aug 2011

Governor's Proposed Budget Includes Plan to Help Keep Bills in WNY

ALBANY -- Gov. Andrew Cuomo today will mention an $84 million economic development plan that includings retaining professional football in WNY.

• DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: Governor's Proposed Budget Includes Plan to Help Keep Bills in WNY

So the question is who gets the divide the 84 million up? Not all of that will go to RWS renovations.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

And how will this go down with east side NY'ers? Hope Buffalo has elected some good ones in the state legislature.
      COMING SOON...

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
        And how will this go down with east side NY'ers? Hope Buffalo has elected some good ones in the state legislature.
        Hopefully it goes fine. Afterall, both the Mets and the Yankees got several millions of dollars for their new stadiums.

Comment

• better days
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Michael82
          Hopefully it goes fine. Afterall, both the Mets and the Yankees got several millions of dollars for their new stadiums.
          Not to mention the MILLIONS spent on the NYC Subway. Even with the money earmarked for Buffalo, NYC gets the Lions share of STATE money in the long run.

Comment

• dannyek71
            Drink Responsibly
            • Dec 2004

Since when do we have professional football in WNY? All we have are the Bills.
            [

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

And since when did this become even steven? This is about millions of dollars and political capital. Don't assume that Yankees or Mets mean anything about the Bills.

Like I said I sure as **** hope the legislatures that are elected for WNY are together on this and willing to fight for it.
              COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by better days
                Not to mention the MILLIONS spent on the NYC Subway. Even with the money earmarked for Buffalo, NYC gets the Lions share of STATE money in the long run.
                And? Its just like any other state, and you know living in Florida.

Here Atlanta gets all the money and even when we ear mark some to develop the southern half, its almost always a blood bath.
                COMING SOON...

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

The Buffalo Bills are the ONLY NFL team in New York state that practices, plays and pays taxes in NYS. There's no way they are going to let them leave. No way! Way too much money would be lost to the Western NY economy and I'm sure the politicians there would help make sure of it.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

The Buffalo Bills are the ONLY NFL team in New York state that practices, plays and pays taxes in NYS. There's no way they are going to let them leave. No way! Way too much money would be lost to the Western NY economy and I'm sure the politicians there would help make sure of it.
                    I think you greatly under estimate the selfishness of politicians.
                    COMING SOON...

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                      • Jul 2002

It is already a done deal in regards for the funds that are set to come to Buffalo.

The governer has earmarked 1 Billion dollars to help stimulate Buffalo's economy..

Who cares what the "East Side NY'ers" think about it.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                        It is already a done deal in regards for the funds that are set to come to Buffalo.

The governer has earmarked 1 Billion dollars to help stimulate Buffalo's economy..

Who cares what the "East Side NY'ers" think about it.
                        Really? Interesting that the news didn't report it that way.

A earmark means nothing until its in a signed bill.
                        COMING SOON...

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                          Unreachable Douche
                          • Jul 2002

Don't give any money until a new 15 year lease is signed and welfare is cut 10% every year for the next 3 years.

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

Like I said I sure as **** hope the legislatures that are elected for WNY are together on this and willing to fight for it.
                            Of course they are...it would be political suicide to not support and fight for it.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• BillsfaninFL
                              • Jan 2012

I hate to say this, but IF the proposal for the 84 million dollar fund goes through and IF the amount assigned to the stadium improvements is several million, that's chump change compared to the sale price of the team. Unless the new ownership wants the team in WNY, this minor amount is not going to change any minds. I wouldn't call it fighting to keep the Bills here. It's more like a political token so that the blame will not go to the state politicians.

Regarding an earmark of one billion for western New York, that is less than 2% of the state budget.

Comment

Working...
                              X