man I'd love to see the rest of this article.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SkateZilla
    • Dec 2002

man I'd love to see the rest of this article.

ESPN - The Sabres need wake up call.
    Skate Zilla
    -----------------------
    Skate Zilla HD Studios:
    SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS
  • SabreEleven
    • Aug 2002

Re: man I'd love to see the rest of this article.

There's a growing notion that the continuity in Buffalo has made things a bit stale. The same GM. The same coach. The same core group of players.

Said Paul Gaustad: "I don't think stale is a good word for it. We're going through a tough stretch right now. That's what sports is all about. You're not going to always be good. There's ups and downs throughout a season. So right now, we're having to deal with some tough times. I always think the tough times make a team better."

And it still may happen in Buffalo. But the reality is that it's more likely going to take a shock to the system to get there. Nearly every other underachieving team in the league has done something significant to try and change direction. Seven coaches have been fired. Anaheim Ducks GM Bob Murray put his stars on notice when he said none of them were untouchable. Calgary Flames GM Jay Feaster went out and added Mike Cammalleri.

The Sabres sound similar to the Los Angeles Kings' players when they were asked if they needed a spark during their downturn. They didn't want Terry Murray fired. They didn't think it was necessary.

Darryl Sutter was a shock to the system and, as it turns out, a necessary one.

"It was kind of a wake-up call for the team," admitted goalie Jonathan Quick after the fact.

The Sabres need that jolt.
    Quote:
    This isn't a call for Lindy Ruff's head. You don't hold your job as long as he has without being a good coach. But these Sabres need a wake-up call. Any kind of wake-up call.

Maybe it comes in the form of a regime change. Former Sabres forward and current Toronto Maple Leafs executive Rick Dudley would be a natural fit in Buffalo if Pegula ever decides it's time for a new voice in the front office.

Maybe it's simply in the form of a passionate plea from Miller, who sounds like he has little patience left for his team's inability to play consistently in front of him.

Comment

• Mark Miller
      • Dec 2008

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
        Skoobasaurus-Rex
        • Oct 2011

Lindy needs a pink slip.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Dudley in for Regier at GM

Roy and Stafford gone

Comment

Working...
          X