PDA

View Full Version : Do you think the colts are turning into the bills?

buffalobillsfan95
01-18-2012, 11:55 AM
After years of domination and winning as soon as they loose or give up manning they will go into a downside spiral. Great to popper all over again

THATHURMANATOR
01-18-2012, 11:58 AM
I might think this if they werent in position to draft the next Manning....

Ickybaluky
01-18-2012, 12:00 PM
Their key players are getting older, it happens to everyone. That said, picking Luck is a nice start to a rebuilding plan.

Mski
01-18-2012, 12:08 PM
with either Luck or RGIII i think they will have no chance to enter the downward spiral that the Bills did, they will have a bonafide replacement for Manning when he leaves

THATHURMANATOR
01-18-2012, 12:09 PM
Exactly. Look at the bills 15 years later and still haven't replaced Jimbo....

Mr. Miyagi
01-18-2012, 12:15 PM
This is so unfair. They dominated so many years and tank the year that the next Manning is coming out.

EDS
01-18-2012, 12:25 PM
This is so unfair. They dominated so many years and tank the year that the next Manning is coming out.

Worked great for the San Antonio Spurs if I recall.

TacklingDummy
01-18-2012, 12:43 PM
Everything is a cycle.

The Bills are on extra rinse cycle of sucking. The buzzer has to go off someday. Doesn't it? God it's been forever. This team sucks.

trapezeus
01-18-2012, 12:43 PM
if they do, it's the curse of polian.

the bills actually had some pieces that stayed with the team until 99. Colts only really have manning and his return isn't guaranteed and they have a lot of holes.

So it will be interesting to see if just one new qb can make the difference.

Mski
01-18-2012, 12:49 PM
Everything is a cycle.

The Bills are on extra rinse cycle of sucking. The buzzer has to go off someday. Doesn't it? God it's been forever. This team sucks.if Detroit and NO, can turn things around, im sure someday the Bills will

Johnny Bugmenot
01-18-2012, 01:17 PM
Or they just leave. Which is looking more and more likely.

tat2dmike77
01-18-2012, 02:12 PM
Drafting Luck doesn't mean a thing for Indy. All it means is they will have QB who is supposed to be the next best thing.

It's funny sometimes i think some of you forget about football. Just beacuse Luck and Griffin dominated at college doesn't mean squat in the big boy league. Don't get caught up in the hype. Remember V. Young and Leinart they were the next best things coming out.

When Luck puts up Manning numbers then we can talk. Till then it's all hype.

Cntrygal
01-18-2012, 02:18 PM
Their key players are getting older, it happens to everyone. That said, picking Luck is a nice start to a rebuilding plan.

I REALLY want it to happen to the Pats though!

:evil:

Johnny Bugmenot
01-18-2012, 02:51 PM
Drafting Luck doesn't mean a thing for Indy. All it means is they will have QB who is supposed to be the next best thing.

It's funny sometimes i think some of you forget about football. Just beacuse Luck and Griffin dominated at college doesn't mean squat in the big boy league. Don't get caught up in the hype. Remember V. Young and Leinart they were the next best things coming out.

When Luck puts up Manning numbers then we can talk. Till then it's all hype.
Vince Young was projected to be a minimum three-year project. He, much like Tebow, actually exceeded expectations of him in his early years.

Johnny Bugmenot
01-18-2012, 02:52 PM
I REALLY want it to happen to the Pats though!

:evil:
Judging by the depth of this past year's QB class, Ryan Mallett will be the next Brady. The Bills will regret passing him up.

ticatfan
01-18-2012, 03:13 PM
f course not, they hired a CFL'er for GM and I think Trestman might have a shot at HC.

Mr. Pink
01-18-2012, 03:17 PM
f course not, they hired a CFL'er for GM and I think Trestman might have a shot at HC.

If they get Trestman combined with Luck, their offense is gonna be sick.

Raptor
01-18-2012, 04:43 PM
I might think this if they werent in position to draft the next Manning....

Bingo

BillsFever21
01-18-2012, 08:53 PM
They would be if it wasn't for them having the #1 pick and the top rated and hyped QB to come out of college since probably Manning.

If Luck works out for them they will hit a homerun and couldn't get any luckier. Also if Manning is deemed healthy enough to play they would be able to trade him. I wouldn't doubt if some team on the brink who needs a QB would be willing to give up a 1st round pick for him.

Between Luck if he works out and what they can get for Manning if deemed healthy that will be a good start at rebuilding their team. As long as Luck works out and their new front office does their job by hiring the right coach and using the draft picks well they could be a playoff team in a couple years or so.

BertSquirtgum
01-18-2012, 09:12 PM
I don't believe Luck is the next Peyton Manning.

Bert102176
01-18-2012, 11:45 PM
no one is the next Bills hell even the Lions and Bungals are better then the Bills

better days
01-19-2012, 08:57 AM
with either Luck or RGIII i think they will have no chance to enter the downward spiral that the Bills did, they will have a bonafide replacement for Manning when he leaves

Yeah but what if they draft Luck & he is a bust while RGIII has a great career. It could happen.

Bill Cody
01-19-2012, 09:34 AM
if Detroit and NO, can turn things around, im sure someday the Bills will

NO got a future hall of fame QB in Brees and in my opinion a top 5 coach in Sean Payton before they turned it around. Detroit drafted Matt Stafford, who is on his way to greatness (as I predicted). We have a coach who is ok not great and a backup QB for a starter.:drool:

So tell me when this is going to end, I'm looking down the tunnel with binoculars and I'll be damned if there is any light. The NFL is a tough business. You don't get a "turn" to be good. The Colts have just solved the single biggest problem any team faces, getting a good QB (yes damnit Luck is a "sure thing", I've got eyeballs). That in turn will attract top flight coaches. Which means they may have to rebuild but not for long.

better days
01-19-2012, 09:41 AM
NO got a future hall of fame QB in Brees and in my opinion a top 5 coach in Sean Payton before they turned it around. Detroit drafted Matt Stafford, who is on his way to greatness (as I predicted). We have a coach who is ok not great and a backup QB for a starter.:drool:

So tell me when this is going to end, I'm looking down the tunnel with binoculars and I'll be damned if there is any light. The NFL is a tough business. You don't get a "turn" to be good. The Colts have just solved the single biggest problem any team faces, getting a good QB (yes damnit Luck is a "sure thing", I've got eyeballs). That in turn will attract top flight coaches. Which means they may have to rebuild but not for long.

Well, there is no such thing as a sure thing. And when I pointed out Tebows GREAT career in College, I was told it is NOT the NFL. And Luck did not play in as good of a conference as Tebow did. Luck may have better odds than most QBs coming out of College, but he is NOT a 100% lock to be a good let alone great QB.

Bill Cody
01-19-2012, 10:24 AM
Well, there is no such thing as a sure thing. And when I pointed out Tebows GREAT career in College, I was told it is NOT the NFL. And Luck did not play in as good of a conference as Tebow did. Luck may have better odds than most QBs coming out of College, but he is NOT a 100% lock to be a good let alone great QB.

Ok 99%. :D Bet the farm on it. And feel free to throw this back in my face if I'm wrong. But I'm not. He has the whole package. Good size, very accurate both in the pocket and on the move which is unusual, smart, played in a pro offense and has had very good coaching, adequate arm strength, good mechanics, good athlete. There's a reason Luck is the consensus #1 pick.

The guy that should try to get Luck is Mike Shanahan for the Redskins. Luck would be ideal for that old Denver bootleg filled offense he likes to run. Unlikely Indy would bite but Snyder has never been shy about giving up draft picks to make a splash so you never know.

better days
01-19-2012, 10:51 AM
Ok 99%. :D Bet the farm on it. And feel free to throw this back in my face if I'm wrong. But I'm not. He has the whole package. Good size, very accurate both in the pocket and on the move which is unusual, smart, played in a pro offense and has had very good coaching, adequate arm strength, good mechanics, good athlete. There's a reason Luck is the consensus #1 pick.

The guy that should try to get Luck is Mike Shanahan for the Redskins. Luck would be ideal for that old Denver bootleg filled offense he likes to run. Unlikely Indy would bite but Snyder has never been shy about giving up draft picks to make a splash so you never know.

If the Colts traded the #1 pick to the Skins it would be one of the most stupid trades in NFL History because they have a chance to get a franchise QB. The Skins are too far down for that to happen.

I think Lucks odds are more like 60-70% than 99%. Like I said he played in a WEAK defensive conference & he did not win the big game at the end of the year either. If Tebow did not play in the NFL at Florida, Luck did not even play in the SEC at Stanford. His schedule consisted of playing against the Sisters of the poor week after week. Tebow & his Gators team would have SHREDDED that conference. Including Luck & Stanford.

Bill Cody
01-19-2012, 01:17 PM
If the Colts traded the #1 pick to the Skins it would be one of the most stupid trades in NFL History because they have a chance to get a franchise QB. The Skins are too far down for that to happen.

I think Lucks odds are more like 60-70% than 99%. Like I said he played in a WEAK defensive conference & he did not win the big game at the end of the year either. If Tebow did not play in the NFL at Florida, Luck did not even play in the SEC at Stanford. His schedule consisted of playing against the Sisters of the poor week after week. Tebow & his Gators team would have SHREDDED that conference. Including Luck & Stanford.

Luck will be the 3rd #1 QB from Stanford. Jim Plunkett and Elway are the other 2. Luck is the real deal. I've watched this game for a long time. Bringing up Tebow over and over in this discussion is not relevant. The issues Tebow had coming into the league had to do with his throwing mechanics and lack of experience under center. Luck has none of those issues and is far more accurate. I admire your devotion to Tebow but he can't sniff Luck's jock when it comes to throwing the ball.

Bill Cody
01-19-2012, 01:20 PM

You're probably right but I'm just saying Washington is the one team that might be willing to make a ridiculous offer then Indy had to think about. And maybe they think RG3 will be there at 6? Just sayin.

better days
01-19-2012, 01:36 PM
You're probably right but I'm just saying Washington is the one team that might be willing to make a ridiculous offer then Indy had to think about. And maybe they think RG3 will be there at 6? Just sayin.

Well, I doubt RGIII gets past Cleveland at #4 & they may have to trade up to #2 to get him or as you said about the Skins, they may offer the Rams a ridiculous amount to trade up for RGIII. I think that is far more likely to happen than the Skins trading all the way up to #1.

better days
01-19-2012, 01:47 PM
Luck will be the 3rd #1 QB from Stanford. Jim Plunkett and Elway are the other 2. Luck is the real deal. I've watched this game for a long time. Bringing up Tebow over and over in this discussion is not relevant. The issues Tebow had coming into the league had to do with his throwing mechanics and lack of experience under center. Luck has none of those issues and is far more accurate. I admire your devotion to Tebow but he can't sniff Luck's jock when it comes to throwing the ball.

Luck may be the real deal, but it is not guaranteed. I only brought up Tebow as regards the level of competion Luck has faced so far.

The fact he had an easy schedule playing against creampuff defenses his entire college career leaves some doubt about how he will fare against NFL defenses.

It would not surprise me to see Luck start slow, but then have a good career after he gets used to playing in the NFL. He better hope the Colts hire some GOOD Coaches or his career may be sabotaged by poor coaching

Ickybaluky
01-19-2012, 02:40 PM
Luck may be the real deal, but it is not guaranteed. I only brought up Tebow as regards the level of competion Luck has faced so far.

He beat some pretty good teams in his career. I realize the SEC is probably the best level of competition in college football, but they still play some pretty good football in other parts of the country. And it isn't like Stanford was good before he got there, they sucked donkey balls.

better days
01-19-2012, 02:55 PM
He beat some pretty good teams in his career. I realize the SEC is probably the best level of competition in college football, but they still play some pretty good football in other parts of the country. And it isn't like Stanford was good before he got there, they sucked donkey balls.

Yeah they play some pretty good football in other parts of the Country, but the defenses in the PAC 12 are the weakest in the Country of all the major conferences without a doubt. Google PAC 12 defenses & see what comes up.

ublinkwescore
01-21-2012, 11:53 AM
Everything is a cycle.

The Bills are on extra rinse cycle of sucking. The buzzer has to go off someday. Doesn't it? God it's been forever. This team sucks.

I want to see what gailey can do with a fairly healthy roster, and another draft that should yield better depth in case of an epidemic of injuries.

I like the efficiency with which our O was able to function with a healthy offensive line - once they started dropping like flies, the difference was night and day. and Merriman and Kyle Williams were sorely missed on D as well.

ublinkwescore
01-21-2012, 11:54 AM

if they leave, please let them arrive in LA or somewhere out here in California... sorry guys, but if they do come this way, I can still be a fan.

that being said, Buffalo... or Orchard Park I should say deserves to keep this team. I still would absolutely love to come catch a Bills home game... hopefully a win as well. I want to do it right though... get there mid-week and do some tailgating starting wednesday all the way til gameday and then leave on monday after the game so I can sleep off my boozing on the flight back to the west coast.

better days
01-21-2012, 11:58 AM

The Jags, Vikings, Rams, Chargers & Raiders look far more likely to move than Buffalo.

ublinkwescore
01-21-2012, 12:02 PM
Edwards still needs to go. Ralph and Nix, throw the freaking bank at someone like Wade Phillips or Gregg Williams to restore our D.

I'd prefer a 3-4 guy though - I think it's the most effective D against the run when properly staffed.

better days
01-21-2012, 12:24 PM
Edwards still needs to go. Ralph and Nix, throw the freaking bank at someone like Wade Phillips or Gregg Williams to restore our D.

I'd prefer a 3-4 guy though - I think it's the most effective D against the run when properly staffed.

I guess you missed it, the Bills already fired George Edwards & made Dave Wannstedt the DC.