• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Evans will be a bill in 2012

He just got promoted

Dan Evans has been promoted to Vice President of Information Technology, while Andy Major has earned the title of Vice President of Event Operations and Guest Experience. Additionally, Gregg Pastore has been promoted to Senior Director of Digital Media.

Last edited by justasportsfan; 01-19-2012, 09:56 AM.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • BLeonard
    BoB Sabermetrician
    • Jan 2003

Re: Evans will be a bill in 2012

Only the Bills would promote three Front Office people after 12 consecutive seasons without making the playoffs.

Won't spend money on coaches, won't spend on players, but can promote guys in a Front Office that has failed for the entire 21st century.

-Bill

Comment

• ThunderGun
      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by BLeonard
      Only the Bills would promote three Front Office people after 12 consecutive seasons without making the playoffs.

Won't spend money on coaches, won't spend on players, but can promote guys in a Front Office that has failed for the entire 21st century.

-Bill
      Of course they do. We keep buying tickets, so those guys are successful.....at least in Ralph's mind.

Comment

• Cleve
        • Oct 2004

But in fairness, these positions have zilch to do with the on-field product. They're not even remotely connected.

Only reason I would dislike this.... if these are new positions that simply increase the overall front office payroll, while less is spend on the players and product itself.

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
        per play average than the Bills' offense!

Comment

• EricStratton
          • Jul 2002

-Bill

Do those guys really qualify as front office people. None of them have a say in the product you see of the field on Sundays.

Comment

• BLeonard
            BoB Sabermetrician
            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by EricStratton
            Do those guys really qualify as front office people. None of them have a say in the product you see of the field on Sundays.
            I understand that they aren't responsible for the product on the field. But, at the same time, with promotions usually come pay raises. Hence, the second part or my post.

They can promote these three guys and make it public knowledge, by posting it on their team website. Meanwhile, our #1 WR is scheduled to become a Free Agent in the next 6 weeks or so, but they don't seem too concerned about that.

There's not going to be much to market or promote, if there are no upgrades made to the on-field product.

-Bill
            Last edited by BLeonard; 01-19-2012, 10:17 AM.

Comment

• Historian
              2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
              • Dec 2002

I think you would be surprised how little the office staff makes in relation to player salaries, BL.

In fact, most of the Bills office staff are college interns.

Comment

• BLeonard
                BoB Sabermetrician
                • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Historian
                I think you would be surprised how little the office staff makes in relation to player salaries, BL.

In fact, most of the Bills office staff are college interns.
                The link states that:

A: Evans joined the Bills in 1998 (13 years)
                B: Major is beginning his fifth season with the Bills and 18th in the NFL.
                C: Pastore enters his 11th season with the organization

You really think these guys are college interns?

Again, it's not really about how much these guys are making, or how much more they will be making with their promotions. These facts remain:

1: The Bills are well under the salary cap.
                2: The Bills have not made the playoffs in 12 seasons.
                3: The Bills' #1 WR will be a Free Agent in about six weeks, among other players.

Or, were locking these three guys down a priority over locking down the talent on the football field... You know, the thing that the fans pay to see, so that the Front Office has jobs?

IMO, it's pretty ass-backwards that this is even news, let alone a "headline."

-Bill

Comment

• The Jokeman
                  • Dec 2003

I've stated it many atime before but again Ralph Wilson runs a great business in the Buffalo Bills but he's a lousy football team owner.

Comment

• McBFLO
                    • Mar 2003

I understand that they aren't responsible for the product on the field. But, at the same time, with promotions usually come pay raises. Hence, the second part or my post.

They can promote these three guys and make it public knowledge, by posting it on their team website. Meanwhile, our #1 WR is scheduled to become a Free Agent in the next 6 weeks or so, but they don't seem too concerned about that.

There's not going to be much to market or promote, if there are no upgrades made to the on-field product.

-Bill
                    This is an absurd take. You're a WGR Whiner Line caller, aren't you?
                    Infrequent poster, daily visitor.

Eternal optimist.

Follow me on twitter @CoreyMc81

Comment

• McBFLO
                      • Mar 2003

The link states that:

A: Evans joined the Bills in 1998 (13 years)
                      B: Major is beginning his fifth season with the Bills and 18th in the NFL.
                      C: Pastore enters his 11th season with the organization

You really think these guys are college interns?

Again, it's not really about how much these guys are making, or how much more they will be making with their promotions. These facts remain:

1: The Bills are well under the salary cap.
                      2: The Bills have not made the playoffs in 12 seasons.
                      3: The Bills' #1 WR will be a Free Agent in about six weeks, among other players.

Or, were locking these three guys down a priority over locking down the talent on the football field... You know, the thing that the fans pay to see, so that the Front Office has jobs?

IMO, it's pretty ass-backwards that this is even news, let alone a "headline."

-Bill
                      And yet, you'd be the first to criticize them for not being able to do 2 things at once. How do you know they're NOT talking w/ SJ's agent? You don't. Stop acting like these promotions are to the detriment of the team's on-field performance. They have absolutely NOTHING to do with it.

Eternal optimist.

Comment

• BLeonard
                        BoB Sabermetrician
                        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by McFearless24
                        And yet, you'd be the first to criticize them for not being able to do 2 things at once. How do you know they're NOT talking w/ SJ's agent? You don't. Stop acting like these promotions are to the detriment of the team's on-field performance. They have absolutely NOTHING to do with it.
                        Because Johnson's agent said as much... Don't see what reason he'd have to lie.

I never said that the promotions were to the "detriment of the team's on-field performance." I simply said that they won't spend money on coaches, won't spend on players, but can promote guys in a Front Office that has failed for the entire 21st century.

-Bill

Comment

• McBFLO
                          • Mar 2003

I never said that the promotions were to the "detriment of the team's on-field performance." I simply said that they won't spend money on coaches, won't spend on players, but can promote guys in a Front Office that has failed for the entire 21st century.

-Bill
                          Well Nix has said that they have been in contact. No reason for him to lie either. it's a he said she said situation.

You certainly implied that it would be to the detriment of the team by bringing up issues that affect on-field performance when these promotions are about the business side of the organization (marketing, public relations, etc.). And, Im not sure who said it before, but to call these guys "Front Office" is a stretch.

Eternal optimist.

Comment

• EricStratton
                            • Jul 2002

l

Johnson's agent have EVERY reason to lie.

If you have 5 WR's on your radar as potential FA pickups but you know that one in in talks with his current club you may shiuft your focus, research and planning to the other 4. It's in the best interest of every free agent (or at least their agents) to be as available as possible right up until you sign on the dotted line, it can only help your asking price and negotiating power.

As to these guys, if the three promotions total 50K in added pay (most likely way to much) how does that put a dent in the 6-8 million dollar contract that is being talked about with a player?

Comment

• BLeonard
                              BoB Sabermetrician
                              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by EricStratton
                              Johnson's agent have EVERY reason to lie.

If you have 5 WR's on your radar as potential FA pickups but you know that one in in talks with his current club you may shiuft your focus, research and planning to the other 4. It's in the best interest of every free agent (or at least their agents) to be as available as possible right up until you sign on the dotted line, it can only help your asking price and negotiating power.

As to these guys, if the three promotions total 50K in added pay (most likely way to much) how does that put a dent in the 6-8 million dollar contract that is being talked about with a player?
                              The problem with that is, the Bills could essentially end any and all discussions with the franchise tag.

Johnson's agent saying "There have been no talks" IMO is not a good thing for Stevie at this point in time. Other teams can't talk to Stevie yet anyway, so how does it drive his price up today if the Bills aren't talking to him?

As for the FO promotions "putting a dent" in any player contracts, I never said it did. I'm just saying, it's a sad commentary when this is the news on the website, as opposed to the Bills trying to resign their free agents to be, preparing for the draft, or something else that does affect the on-field product. Instead, they're busy telling the fanbase that they are promoting a tech guy, a marketing guy and their webmaster.

Well Nix has said that they have been in contact. No reason for him to lie either. it's a he said she said situation.
                              Nix also said that re-signing Paul Posluzsny was a "priority" last year... Forgive me if I don't believe what Buddy Nix says. Not saying I wanted to keep Poz, just saying that that was what Nix said about it.

I also recall Nix telling everyone during the preseason that the Bills were "better than everyone thought." Then, after the season, his tune changed to "I knew we weren't as good as everyone thought." Which one is it?

But, there is a reason for Nix to lie. If he said "No, we haven't talked," that would open up a whole new can of worms and probably many more questions about the situation. As a GM, he has to sell this team to the fanbase. Telling fans what they want to hear is a good way to start, even if it isn't the truth.

-Bill

Comment

Working...
                              X