PDA

View Full Version : Colts To Interview Saints OC Carmichael, Titans DC Gray For Head Coach

BLeonard
01-19-2012, 06:23 PM
http://tracking.si.com/2012/01/19/colts-to-interview-saints-oc-pete-carmichael-and-titans-dc-jerry-gray-for-head-coach-job/

Carmichael is expected to meet today or Friday in Indianapolis with owner Jim Irsay and general manager Ryan Grigson. The Colts have also received permission from the Titans to interview defensive coordinator Jerry Gray.

-Bill

The Jokeman
01-19-2012, 08:56 PM
Wow! I thought Gray was tied to Gregg Williams' hip I didn't realize he didn't venture with him to New Orleans etc. In terms of getting the HC job, I fear the Colts might be using him for the token minority position. Yet one would think they would have held out for Perry Fewell as well as the Giants are playing unless of course they don't want for the playoffs to finish to find someone.

RedEyE
01-20-2012, 06:23 AM
Curious if the Rooney Rule still applies if the coach on the way out is a minority? Gray seems to have replaced Ted Cottrell as the obligatory Rooney Rule candidate.

BLeonard
01-20-2012, 07:58 AM
Curious if the Rooney Rule still applies if the coach on the way out is a minority? Gray seems to have replaced Ted Cottrell as the obligatory Rooney Rule candidate.

Pretty sure that, if you fire a minority head coach, you would still need to interview one to satisfy the Rooney Rule.

-Bill

better days
01-20-2012, 08:32 AM
Pretty sure that, if you fire a minority head coach, you would still need to interview one to satisfy the Rooney Rule.

-Bill

Thats correct. When the Bucs fired Tony Dungy, they still had to comply with it, & now after firing Morris they will again.

Cali512
01-21-2012, 12:00 PM
Does Jerry Gray just do every teams rooney rule interview?

BLeonard
01-21-2012, 12:15 PM
Does Jerry Gray just do every teams rooney rule interview?

Well, Perry Fewell is currently preparing for the NFC Championship and Leslie Frazier has a job with the Vikings.

So... Yeah, he does.

-Bill

Cali512
01-21-2012, 04:12 PM
Well, Perry Fewell is currently preparing for the NFC Championship and Leslie Frazier has a job with the Vikings.

So... Yeah, he does.

-Bill

Fewell and Frazier dont do nearly as many as Gray, wasnt the interview after Fewell was our interm the first HC interview he ever did? Frazier is also a legitement canidate and if i remember most wanted him as our HC