PDA

View Full Version : To Think We were Pissed about the Toronto Game

User Manuel
01-20-2012, 09:36 AM
Rams to play one game for each of next three seasons in London!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7482739/st-louis-rams-play-london-games-next-3-years

At least we can drive to our away home game.

Ed
01-20-2012, 09:42 AM
I think some people make too big a deal out of the Toronto game. As soon as the NFL gets its wish to expand the season an extra game or two, every team in the league will be playing a home game in another country. Going global is the future of the NFL.

Night Train
01-20-2012, 09:47 AM
Start worrying when one game is allocated for I Love Lucy field in Jamestown.

BLeonard
01-20-2012, 10:12 AM
Doesn't surprise me. Pretty sure Kroenke owns part of Arsenal as well.

On a larger scale, the Rams are one of those teams talked about moving to LA, as their lease with St. Louis, I believe, requires the Edward Jones Dome to be one of the top stadiums in the NFL... With all of the new stadiums recently, I think the lease would be relatively easy to break, unless improvements to the Dome are made.

That's also part of the reason the Bucs are one of the first in line for England games... The Glazers own Manchester United.

-Bill

trapezeus
01-20-2012, 10:30 AM
and they play in a division with san fran and seattle. that's a lot of traveling.

Johnny Bugmenot
01-20-2012, 10:40 AM
Start worrying when one game is allocated for I Love Lucy field in Jamestown.
When I see them play at Little Valley Fairgrounds, then I'll get worried.

Johnny Bugmenot
01-20-2012, 10:49 AM
And I also read that the league is going back on their promise of two games yet again this year, with another excuse (this time it's the Olympics). What's it going to take for these weasels to expand this thing, or are they just chicken?

BLeonard
01-20-2012, 11:16 AM
And I also read that the league is going back on their promise of two games yet again this year, with another excuse (this time it's the Olympics). What's it going to take for these weasels to expand this thing, or are they just chicken?

On a related note:

On January 3rd, EA Sports released a remake of "NFL Blitz" for the XBox and PS3. A lot of European players are really pissed, because they released the game in the United States only...

So, basically, the NFL is good enough to play real NFL games over there, in the name of "global expansion," yet they can't be bothered to let the European people purchase a video game.

-Bill

stuckincincy
01-20-2012, 01:41 PM
and they play in a division with san fran and seattle. that's a lot of traveling.

First Class traveling with blankets, pillows, endless food and beverages. I could do that.

better days
01-20-2012, 08:43 PM
First Class traveling with blankets, pillows, endless food and beverages. I could do that.

And probably less time in the air than Buffalo to Miami.

BLeonard
01-20-2012, 08:50 PM
The Rams reportedly just bought a new plane as well...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_PuZoLkvmBbc/SZML5cuG4zI/AAAAAAAACgg/QVdPKasW1mI/s320/Chief+Wahoo+Plane.JPG

-Bill

Crisis
01-20-2012, 09:06 PM
The Rams reportedly just bought a new plane as well...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_PuZoLkvmBbc/SZML5cuG4zI/AAAAAAAACgg/QVdPKasW1mI/s320/Chief+Wahoo+Plane.JPG

-Bill

Beats Ralph's fleet of Corollas

Night Train
01-21-2012, 07:40 AM
Comedy aside, the team just doesn't resonate with St. Louis, despite a SB win several years back with Kurt Warner and that great passing show.

The Cardinals left for Arizona and this team is a prime candidate to return to L.A. IMO. Football doesn't work there. It's a baseball town.

The Bills make their agreement with a local monster city (Toronto) to regionalize the team and make it viable, long term. That's a 90 minute drive.

London ?? That screams Move Candidate.

Dujek
01-21-2012, 09:40 AM
On a related note:

On January 3rd, EA Sports released a remake of "NFL Blitz" for the XBox and PS3. A lot of European players are really pissed, because they released the game in the United States only...

So, basically, the NFL is good enough to play real NFL games over there, in the name of "global expansion," yet they can't be bothered to let the European people purchase a video game.

-Bill

They have also stopped releasing the Wii version of Madden here. Last Wii Madden in Europe was Madden '10.