• Show
Clear All
  • Johnny Bugmenot
    Will not tolerate vandalism.
    • Apr 2006

TBN: Worst Sabres team in a decade?

Worst Sabres team in a decade? This year's team is giving 2002-03 a run
    by John Vogl

And, once again, there's little hope. Ownership is in strong hands, but like 2002-03, fans don't see anyone in control of the team. The players aren't responding to the coach. The general manager has not made one move to alter the skid. There are few, if any, embraceable players capable of carrying the team.

At least in 2002-03, the Sabres knew they were bad. They traded Chris Gratton, Stu Barnes, Vaclav Varada and Rob Ray to try and build for the future. One prize was Danny Briere, who did indeed help the future.

This year's squad keeps saying it will be better when healthy. There's no talk of building for the future.

If they don't, the question of the worst team in a decade becomes a no-brainer.
    The Buffalo News
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: TBN: Worst Sabres team in a decade?

That was depressing.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• G Wolly
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
      That was depressing.
      x2

Comment

• trapezeus
        Legendary Zoner
        • Oct 2004

i feel like a north korean who wants to escape the Kim Jong Il/Kim Jong Un regime with darcy at the head.

like whatever our actual feelings on the topic aren't valid. North korea was punishing people for not mourning enough over the death Kim Jong Il's death. i feel like the sabres' front office is angry with us unless we are saying, "it's the injuries!"

Comment

• Mski
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by trapezeus
          i feel like a north korean who wants to escape the Kim Jong Il/Kim Jong Un regime with darcy at the head.

like whatever our actual feelings on the topic aren't valid. North korea was punishing people for not mourning enough over the death Kim Jong Il's death. i feel like the sabres' front office is angry with us unless we are saying, "it's the injuries!"
          i think alot of the "public" response to the teams performance is appropriate, and supportive. i think Pegula and Black are shrewd enough buisnessmen that the "behind closed doors" converastions are not as supportive and positive
          RIP Tommy D!
          12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

Comment

• SkateZilla
            • Dec 2002

oy
            Skate Zilla
            -----------------------
            Skate Zilla HD Studios:
            SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

Working...
            X