PDA

View Full Version : Paterno Dead

Yasgur's Farm
01-22-2012, 10:01 AM
It's official... RIP

NOT THE DUDE...
01-22-2012, 10:08 AM
lots of explaining to do in the afterlife.....

Mr. Miyagi
01-22-2012, 10:08 AM
RIP Joe Pa. You'll always be honorable to me. :pray:

Mr. Miyagi
01-22-2012, 10:09 AM
Dislike

better days
01-22-2012, 10:50 AM

RIP Joe Pa. No explanations necessary in the afterlife, GOD knows ALL.

psubills62
01-22-2012, 11:09 AM
God alone knows the heart of a man. May God bless you and your family, Joe.

cpearl
01-22-2012, 12:12 PM
"All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing."
-Edmund Burke

Skooby
01-22-2012, 12:22 PM
"All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing."
-Edmund Burke

Especially when it came time to protect the children, where he failed miserably. Coaches are supposed to be educators of children & anything detrimental to their well being is a failure to perform.

Night Train
01-22-2012, 12:41 PM
Time and a place, Junior..

RIP

T-Long
01-22-2012, 12:46 PM
I'd like to vote that the subject of this thread be changed to...

Joe Paterno passes away...no need for the DEAD part IMO.

RIP to the greatest NCAA coach to ever live...you will be missed Joe Pa....

stuckincincy
01-22-2012, 01:37 PM
R.I.P., coach.

Bangarang
01-22-2012, 04:59 PM
The guy still knew about one of his coaches molesting children and did nothing. I could care less how long he's coached or how many games he won. That alone makes him a piece of ****.

cgbm
01-22-2012, 05:34 PM
greatest coach to ever live.

r.i.p

crappy situations that you never asked for came. you dealt with them the way you felt right. and no matter what you did, the media would have twisted it to your fault.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-22-2012, 05:36 PM
you people are so ****ing sensitive. when that **** falwell bit the big one i was glad. he was a sick ****!

paterno by himslef covered up child rape to protect a football program. i mean seriously? **** joe!

cgbm
01-22-2012, 05:39 PM
hahahahahhahahhaha.

covered it up?
he reported it to the officials. watched an investigation, took it to his many superiors. and when the system failed, he forced sandusky into retirement.
THE PRES. kept duskys campus privleges.

like i said. joe got put in a tough situation and it doesnt matter what he did, it would have ended up "his fault"

NOT THE DUDE...
01-22-2012, 05:49 PM
hahahahahhahahhaha.

covered it up?
he reported it to the officials. watched an investigation, took it to his many superiors. and when the system failed, he forced sandusky into retirement.
THE PRES. kept duskys campus privleges.

like i said. joe got put in a tough situation and it doesnt matter what he did, it would have ended up "his fault"

dude, he told one superior, ONCE, and looked the other way. hell he even let sandusky coach younger kids ON CAMPUS AFTER HE KNEW WHAT HAPPENED. REALLY JOE????

YOU CALL THE POLICE! no excuses. hell even when nothing was getting done after say 2 weeks i would have called the police. you are sick!

YOU DONT KEEP CHILD RAPE SECRET WITHIN A INSTITUTION FOR 1 sec, let alone a number of years.... ITS NOT THERE JOB TO INVESTIGATE. that job is for the police.

this is the equivalent of me coaching my highschool jv football team, seeing my assistant coach murder a child, and then me reporting it to the head coach... and then when nothing gets done, i still SAY NOTHING, AND LET THE MAN COACH MORE KIDS... i mean, seriously?

Skooby
01-22-2012, 05:50 PM
Joe didn't know how to deal with Child rape? How exactly do you have to know or deal with child rape if you're dealing with children all the time on the football field? Joe dealt with young men for 60 years, so to think he hasn't seen just about everything was a huge stretch.

There isn't really a training plan needed for having a queer guy that you work with that's raping kids, you just call the police and let them settle it.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-22-2012, 05:55 PM
Joe didn't know how to deal with Child rape? How exactly do you have to know or deal with child rape if you're dealing with children all the time on the football field? Joe dealt with young men for 60 years, so to think he hasn't seen just about everything was a huge stretch.

There isn't really a training plan needed for having a queer guy that you work with that's raping kids, you just call the police and let them settle it.

exactly. this isnt rocket science. you call the police, end of story. the **** joe let this **** go on for a decade. meanwhile his silence led to more kids getting anal rape. what a joke!

**** joe, and **** penn state football. i hope that team sucks forever!

Yasgur's Farm
01-22-2012, 05:58 PM

Joe Paterno passes away...no need for the DEAD part IMO.

RIP to the greatest NCAA coach to ever live...you will be missed Joe Pa....Done

NOT THE DUDE...
01-22-2012, 06:07 PM
Done

i cant believe you guys are giving respect to this piece of ****... what a joke!

BertSquirtgum
01-22-2012, 06:13 PM
ESPN killed him. They are a joke.

Pinkerton Security
01-22-2012, 08:50 PM
i cant believe you guys are giving respect to this piece of ****... what a joke!

joepa didnt rape anyone...he may have made a mistake regarding how to report this and should have done more to do so, but have a little respect for a man who passed away and lived a majority of his life as a good citizen...lets hope someone doesnt scrutinize the mistakes you've made in your life as you lay in your tomb.

Bangarang
01-22-2012, 08:54 PM
joepa didnt rape anyone...he may have made a mistake regarding how to report this and should have done more to do so, but have a little respect for a man who passed away and lived a majority of his life as a good citizen...lets hope someone doesnt scrutinize the mistakes you've made in your life as you lay in your tomb.

It doesn't matter if he JoePa wasn't the one molesting anyone. That's such a silly point to try and make.

And all it takes is one "Oh ****" to ruin a lifetime of "Atta boys".

Pinkerton Security
01-22-2012, 08:57 PM
It doesn't matter if he JoePa wasn't the one molesting anyone. That's such a silly point to try and make.

And all it takes is one "Oh ****" to ruin a lifetime of "Atta boys".

No its not a silly point...should he have done more? Yes. Was he hand-cuffed by his university in trying to report this subject? I can pretty much guarantee he was, there is too much money riding on PSU football for it to not have been.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-22-2012, 09:37 PM
No its not a silly point...should he have done more? Yes. Was he hand-cuffed by his university in trying to report this subject? I can pretty much guarantee he was, there is too much money riding on PSU football for it to not have been.

are you ****ing kidding me? if penn state came to me and told me to be hush hush about this i would say **** you and call the police. not only that, he let the guy coach youth football on campus for years. knowing he was a child rapist. seriously?

if i did this i hope people piss on my grave.

Skooby
01-22-2012, 09:41 PM
are you ****ing kidding me? if penn state came to me and told me to be hush hush about this i would say **** you and call the police. not only that, he let the guy coach youth football on campus for years. knowing he was a child rapist. seriously?

if i did this i hope people piss on my grave.

This is exactly how I feel, piss all over the sinner.

Cleve
01-22-2012, 09:42 PM
it's amazing how quickly he faded - not even 3 months ago he was coaching college football - now he's dead. It was as if getting fired from Penn State, and the scandal that tarnished and overshadowed everything he'd done on the field, was the end for him.

Skooby
01-22-2012, 09:44 PM
it's amazing how quickly he faded - not even 3 months ago he was coaching college football - now he's dead. It was as if getting fired from Penn State, and the scandal that tarnished and overshadowed everything he'd done on the field, was the end for him.

What did he have left to fight for? Burn in heII the bastard should, I hope family burns with him.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-22-2012, 10:36 PM
This is exactly how I feel, piss all over the sinner.

im not a stupid christian. i actually think there is this thing called justice where you pay for doing bad things. he covered up child rape. i hope he goes to hell...

Skooby
01-22-2012, 10:49 PM
im not a stupid christian. i actually think there is this thing called justice where you pay for doing bad things. he covered up child rape. i hope he goes to hell...

I have worse things I could say but along these lines, he had a chance to save lives based on what he did and did nothing. I'm sad that he probably has to answer for all of this but if I heard anything near what this was, my life would fully be dedicated to making sure all that ended. I couldn't even find another meaning in my life even if my team was perfect at any point or I found out about it, it'd floor me.

I'd probably would of made sure that Jerry was buried myself early on, I never let anything go regardless. I had a guy recently get fired from my business and his problems were my problems, until they became unreasonable. Raping children is well outside that situation I dealt with, way outside.

imbondz
01-22-2012, 10:59 PM
wow you guys are harsh. you have no idea what he did since then. he may have asked everyone for forgiveness and may have been 100% repentant. I hope he made peace with it all.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-22-2012, 11:02 PM
wow you guys are harsh. you have no idea what he did since then. he may have asked everyone for forgiveness and may have been 100% repentant. I hope he made peace with it all.

sorry man, saying im sorry for covering up child rape strikes me as, i dont know, falling short on what is actual moral reality... just doesnt cut it man...

for christ sake,he covered it up!

imbondz
01-22-2012, 11:15 PM
I think what he did/didn't do was evil, but I don't wish him eternity in hell. that's all.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-22-2012, 11:20 PM
I think what he did/didn't do was evil, but I don't wish him eternity in hell. that's all.

well maybe he should spend a week there... he doesnt deserve any respect, ill tell you that.

Historian
01-23-2012, 08:29 AM
Paterno's been dead to me since he campaigned for George Bush.

The first one.

:down:

Cleve
01-23-2012, 10:35 AM
Craig Carton on "Boomer & Carton" this AM alluded to the fact that perhaps the initial report that he was dead on Saturday night was accurate, and the family simply wanted to make the announcement Sunday morning.

I would think the death certificate could clear up any such controversy.

Yasgur's Farm
01-23-2012, 11:15 AM

Joe Paterno passes away...no need for the DEAD part IMO.Weird... I've edited the title... And it shows "passed" rather than "dead" when I open up to edit again. But the title remains "dead".

Stewie
01-23-2012, 12:07 PM

I agree that they're being harsh, but there's no way simply being sorry makes up for what he didn't do.

He ultimately lost his life over it.

He wouldn't be the first person to die shortly into retirement. Some people just don't know what to do with themselves when they don't have their work routine, and they atrophy. The added stress from the situation apparently was too much.

For better or worse, his legacy will be as a coach, and the recent events will fade.

Bill Cody
01-23-2012, 01:49 PM
Weird... I've edited the title... And it shows "passed" rather than "dead" when I open up to edit again. But the title remains "dead".

hmm...I guess that means he's really "dead"

better days
01-23-2012, 01:56 PM
I agree that they're being harsh, but there's no way simply being sorry makes up for what he didn't do.

He ultimately lost his life over it.

He wouldn't be the first person to die shortly into retirement. Some people just don't know what to do with themselves when they don't have their work routine, and they atrophy. The added stress from the situation apparently was too much.

For better or worse, his legacy will be as a coach, and the recent events will fade.

Well, he had CANCER, that may have had SOMETHING to do with his dying.

Stewie
01-23-2012, 02:02 PM
Well, he had CANCER, that may have had SOMETHING to do with his dying.

I totally believe he'd be alive if he wasn't forced to resign in disgrace. He gave up.

JCBills
01-23-2012, 02:02 PM
RIP Joe Pa. No explanations necessary in the afterlife, GOD knows ALL.

RIP, minus the god part.

better days
01-23-2012, 02:12 PM
I totally believe he'd be alive if he wasn't forced to resign in disgrace. He gave up.

Well, he may have given up, but he would have succumed to lung cancer most likely anyway.

psubills62
01-23-2012, 02:55 PM
Maybe, but not for much longer. He's had some very serious health issues in the last number of years. And chemo at his age is not easy to go through.

cgbm
01-23-2012, 03:28 PM
greatest coach to ever live.

cgbm
01-23-2012, 03:29 PM
cursing a man on his grave is sick.

im willing to bet that nobody on here knows the exact situation, nobody here was there and nobody here really knows the truth.

EXCEPT. he didnt rape anyone. and was put into a crappy situation that he didnt ask for.

i hope that nobody every curses your grave for something somebody else did.

cgbm
01-23-2012, 03:30 PM
who deserves the cancer and death?

SANDUSKY OR PATERNO?

JCBills
01-23-2012, 05:36 PM

im willing to bet that nobody on here knows the exact situation, nobody here was there and nobody here really knows the truth.

EXCEPT. he didnt rape anyone. and was put into a crappy situation that he didnt ask for.

Having been knowledgeable of it, he had a moral obligation to follow through. Can't knock the guy's coaching though, or really say many negative things, he just dropped tha ball in that situation.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-23-2012, 08:22 PM

omg! he covered up child rape to keep the shareholders happy. hes ****ing scum. he did nothing for 10 years... 10 YEARS!

Cleve
01-23-2012, 09:21 PM
Paterno's achievements will be mostly forgotten.... all people will remember is this scandal. Likely the court cases will continue for the next 5 - 10 years, and Paternos's estate will undoubtedly need a representative in each and every court case. Probably each and every trial will be relatively high profile too.

I foresee that McQueary's account of his interactions with Paterno will become gospel, true or not, because Joe will not be around to refute them.