• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

I'm wearing and Evans jersey & it looks like he had 2 feet down

Couldn't they challenge that play from the top inside 2 minutes?
    Last edited by Skooby; 01-22-2012, 05:20 PM.
  • split71
    • Jul 2006

Re: I'm wearing and Evans jersey & it looks like he had 2 feet down

It sure looked like he had two feet down...

Comment

• MattyNH
      • Nov 2011

Catches in the end zone are different than catches on the rest of the field I belive. He would have had to maintain position through the guy trying to tackle him which he did not. It totally contradicts the rule when you are running into the end zone where as soon as the tip of the ball crosses the plain, its play over, touchdown. There was nothing to challenge.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
        Skoobasaurus-Rex
        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by MattyNH
        Catches in the end zone are different than catches on the rest of the field I belive. He would have had to maintain position through the guy trying to tackle him which he did not. It totally contradicts the rule when you are running into the end zone where as soon as the tip of the ball crosses the plain, its play over, touchdown. There was nothing to challenge.
        This makes no sense to me because he had control of the ball in the end zone, so even if you lose the ball it's a TD.

Comment

• MattyNH
          • Nov 2011

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown
          This makes no sense to me because he had control of the ball in the end zone, so even if you lose the ball it's a TD.
          Im not disagreeing, The rule is the rule though. All you have to do is look at the Calvin Johnson non TD from last year. He caught it, two feet possession and all that then flipped the ball out of the end zone, no catch was the rule!

Comment

• Crisis
            • Aug 2004

Ah, so the MitchMurray curse was the reason Baltimore lost. This explains everything.
            Originally posted by LOSman WINS
            Vanek is Austrian not European
            Originally posted by Prov401
            Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
            Originally posted by better days
            I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
              Skoobasaurus-Rex
              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Crisis
              Ah, so the MitchMurray curse was the reason Baltimore lost. This explains everything.
              Bases covered here, I also drink blood from my filet mignon steak. Things die do so I can live, sinner I am.
              Last edited by Skooby; 01-22-2012, 06:42 PM.

Comment

• BLeonard
                BoB Sabermetrician
                • Jan 2003

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown
                Couldn't they challenge that play from the top inside 2 minutes?
                Could they have? Of course they could have. All replays come from the booth inside of two minutes...

Now, do you think they would have reviewed it if New England was down by three and that was Wes Welker on the receiving end of a Tom Brady pass?

Anytime you play in New England, you better be ready to play 11 on 18 football. Bills fans should know this by now.

-Bill
                Last edited by BLeonard; 01-22-2012, 06:35 PM.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                  Skoobasaurus-Rex
                  • Oct 2011

Originally posted by BLeonard
                  Could they have? Of course they could have. All replays come from the booth inside of two minutes...

Now, do you think they would have reviewed it if New England was down by three and that was Wes Welker on the receiving end of a Tom Brady pass?

Anytime you play in New England, you better be ready to play 11 on 18 football. Bills fans should know this by now.

-Bill
                  Good point, I've seen fumbles that magically OT called down by contact.

Comment

• Night Train
                    Retired - On Several Levels
                    • Jul 2005

You screwed up "and" & "an" ???
                    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                      Skoobasaurus-Rex
                      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Night Train
                      You screwed up "and" & "an" ???
                      I think I've been caught with a error, days since last error 0.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                        • Jul 2003

Bills fans know this? If you take away all the Patriots games, how to you explain the Bills sucking against everyone else?

Comment

• BLeonard
                          BoB Sabermetrician
                          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Ickybaluky
                          Bills fans know this? If you take away all the Patriots games, how to you explain the Bills sucking against everyone else?
                          Not defending the Bills sucking... Still doesn't excuse some of the ****ty calls the Bills (and other teams) have been the victims of against the New England Patriots since the 1998 "Just give it to them" game.

Or, should we ask Raider fans how they feel about the "Tuck Rule?"

-Bill
                          Last edited by BLeonard; 01-22-2012, 07:00 PM.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                            Skoobasaurus-Rex
                            • Oct 2011

Shortly before Ravens kicker Billy Cundiff did his best Gary Anderson impersonation (to the chagrin of Matt Birk), Ravens receiver Lee Evans had the ball in his hands, in the end zone.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                              Skoobasaurus-Rex
                              • Oct 2011

Not defending the Bills sucking... Still doesn't excuse some of the ****ty calls the Bills (and other teams) have been the victims of against the New England Patriots since the 1998 "Just give it to them" game.

Or, should we ask Raider fans how they feel about the "Tuck Rule?"

-Bill
                              Changing the rules after the fact was about the biggest puke I've ever seen, the guy fumbled.

Comment

Working...
                              X