PDA

View Full Version : The world is a darker place

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-22-2012, 08:39 PM
I can't even think about watching the SB this year if I have to watch the effin pats win another effin Super Bowl. I seriously will go in the garage and knit before I sit and watch Brady win another one

BloFan4Life
01-22-2012, 08:43 PM
I wanted the Pats to win today. I can't stand the Ravens. Terrell Suggs is one of the biggest idiots in the NFL. So glad I don't have to hear from him for the rest of the playoffs.

Pinkerton Security
01-22-2012, 08:51 PM
I wanted the Pats to win today. I can't stand the Ravens. Terrell Suggs is one of the biggest idiots in the NFL. So glad I don't have to hear from him for the rest of the playoffs.

Seriously? A bills fan wanted the pats to win? How can you hate Suggs more than Brady?

Skooby
01-22-2012, 08:51 PM
I have a business partner that love NE, I'm sick about it.

BertSquirtgum
01-22-2012, 09:07 PM

terrible

ParanoidAndroid
01-22-2012, 09:47 PM
I won't be watching this superbowl. How effing boring.

Michael82
01-23-2012, 12:33 AM
Let's Go Giants! Do it again! Kill Brady!!!

Night Train
01-23-2012, 05:18 AM
I have nothing against the Giants. I rooted for the 49ers but it's still better than seeing Dallas,Philly(Vick) or Wash. in the playoffs. Can't stand those teams.

Go Eli and Company. Break the Pats hearts again.

TacklingDummy
01-23-2012, 06:40 AM
I'll be rooting for the AFC East and the team I want the Bills to be like.

Historian
01-23-2012, 07:14 AM
I like the way the Giants play football....tough, physical, smashmouth.

Everything the Bills used to be in the 90's.

ddaryl
01-23-2012, 08:16 AM
I'm not watching this Superbowl

I wasn't going to watch it anyways, but NE vs the Giants is a big hell no

Night Train
01-23-2012, 08:17 AM

This

streetkings01
01-23-2012, 09:28 AM
Hate to say it but I'm rooting for the Pats. Living in Jets/Giants country has made me hate those 2 teams more then any other team in football.

Johnny Bugmenot
01-23-2012, 09:42 AM
If I want to watch a rerun, I'll turn on Seinfeld.

Don't Panic
01-23-2012, 12:12 PM
I can't even think about watching the SB this year if I have to watch the effin pats win another effin Super Bowl. I seriously will go in the garage and knit before I sit and watch Brady win another one

Why so Serious?

I like watching good football (along with the Bills), so I'll be watching. I'm tired of hating teams for doing things (for the most part) the right way and enjoying success as a result. That used to be us, and it will be again, and I could care less what anyone outside the Bills faithful thinks of our success at those times, so I sure as heck am not going to waste negative emotion on these guys because I envy where they are.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-23-2012, 12:19 PM
Why so Serious?

I like watching good football (along with the Bills), so I'll be watching. I'm tired of hating teams for doing things (for the most part) the right way and enjoying success as a result. That used to be us, and it will be again, and I could care less what anyone outside the Bills faithful thinks of our success at those times, so I sure as heck am not going to waste negative emotion on these guys because I envy where they are.
Dont panic: I like football to... but the pats have an arogant bastard-run up the score attitude that displays no honor and no sportsmanship. Belicheck has repeatedly and unabashidly run up the score just because he can. and hes a ***** to everyone, not a gentleman. I wish the bills would model their organization to be a winner like the pats and I do NOT envy them..... I respect their winning orgainzation but i do not respect the arrogant unsportsmanlike players... they are all arogant... I never hear or see any thing about them that shows sportsmanship. I never see them play with sportsmanship.
This is why I dont want them to win and cannot stand the thought of watching them win.

OpIv37
01-23-2012, 12:34 PM
No one who considers themselves a Bills fan should be rooting for the Patriots.

They beat us 17 straight times, most of which were blowouts that involved them running up the score. They made it damn near impossible to win our division for the last decade. They did it partially by cheating, and they did it all with an arrogant, douchebag coach and an arrogant, pretty-boy QB. And in the rare cases where things didn't go their way, they got help from the refs and eventually got rule changes that favored them.

**** them.

JCBills
01-23-2012, 12:35 PM
Hate to say it but I'm rooting for the Pats. Living in Jets/Giants country has made me hate those 2 teams more then any other team in football.

Living in Connecticut and spending time for schoon in New Hamp****e has had the same effect on me with the Pats. They are by far the worst fans in all of sports. They didn't even exist in the 90's (same with Red Sox fans before the 2000's) and now everyone everywhere is apparently a fan. Easily the worst fairweather fans I've ever seen.

DraftBoy
01-23-2012, 12:36 PM
Ill be watching and rooting for a good game. Don't really care who wins.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-23-2012, 12:39 PM

They beat us 17 straight times, most of which were blowouts that involved them running up the score. They made it damn near impossible to win our division for the last decade. They did it partially by cheating, and they did it all with an arrogant, douchebag coach and an arrogant, pretty-boy QB. And in the rare cases where things didn't go their way, they got help from the refs and eventually got rule changes that favored them.

**** them.
if i could pos rep you a billion times i would

Jan Reimers
01-23-2012, 12:48 PM

**** them.
I think we're all jealous of the Pats, because they're the team we would like to be. Great coach, great organization, excellent at making personnel decisions, a perennial winner and a Super Bowl contender almost every year.

I hate and admire them at the same time. And boy, do I wish the Bills were even remotely as successful.

Mr. Miyagi
01-23-2012, 12:50 PM
I have nothing against the Giants. I rooted for the 49ers but it's still better than seeing Dallas,Philly(Vick) or Wash. in the playoffs. Can't stand those teams.

Go Eli and Company. Break the Pats hearts again.
I rooted for the Giants because I felt that SF would have no chance against NE.

mjt328
01-23-2012, 12:51 PM
It's a fitting finish to one of the most BORING seasons in the history of the NFL. I also have no interest in watching the Super Bowl.

Funny... the NFL was worried about "killing the golden goose" with the potential lockout. But instead, I think 2011 will be remembered as the year that a decade of horrible rule changes finally caught up with the league and ruined football.

The NFL has gotten so predictable, it's pathetic.
Pass, Pass, Pass, Pass, Pass, Pass, Pass, Pass.
And it's not even DOWNFIELD passing. I'm so sick of the dink and dunk offenses.

And thanks to rule changes, the league has basically made the running game irrelevant. Why grind out 3-4 yards at a time when it's so easy to complete a 5 yard pass to an uncovered tight end or slot receiver?

Defenses can't challenge receivers during their routes or it's illegal contact. They can't challenge a pass in the air or it's interference. They can't hit anyone or it's unnecessary roughness.

Mr. Miyagi
01-23-2012, 12:52 PM
I think we're all jealous of the Pats, because they're the team we would like to be. Great coach, great organization, excellent at making personnel decisions, a perennial winner and a Super Bowl contender almost every year.

I hate and admire them at the same time. And boy, do I wish the Bills were even remotely as successful.
I don't admire them. I hate every single one of the Patriots with a passion. If I were an insane mass murderer, which I'm not, I would take them out one by one, starting with Brady then Bellichick then Wilfork then Gronkowski. Hell I'd even take out Ryan Mallet just for the fun of it.

No I'm not serious.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-23-2012, 01:01 PM
I don't admire them. I hate every single one of the Patriots with a passion. If I were an insane mass murderer, which I'm not, I would take them out one by one, starting with Brady then Bellichick then Wilfork then Gronkowski. Hell I'd even take out Ryan Mallet just for the fun of it.

No I'm not serious.
Damn, I thought you were serious... I was going to donate my hockey goalie mask and plane fare for you!

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-23-2012, 01:03 PM
It's a fitting finish to one of the most BORING seasons in the history of the NFL. I also have no interest in watching the Super Bowl.

Funny... the NFL was worried about "killing the golden goose" with the potential lockout. But instead, I think 2011 will be remembered as the year that a decade of horrible rule changes finally caught up with the league and ruined football.

The NFL has gotten so predictable, it's pathetic.
Pass, Pass, Pass, Pass, Pass, Pass, Pass, Pass.
And it's not even DOWNFIELD passing. I'm so sick of the dink and dunk offenses.

And thanks to rule changes, the league has basically made the running game irrelevant. Why grind out 3-4 yards at a time when it's so easy to complete a 5 yard pass to an uncovered tight end or slot receiver?

Defenses can't challenge receivers during their routes or it's illegal contact. They can't challenge a pass in the air or it's interference. They can't hit anyone or it's unnecessary roughness.
id never take a RB with a first round pick now... RBs are a dime a dozen and last only a few years. Gone are the days of the tony dorsetts and hershal walkers who dominated a game. its all pas pass pass

YardRat
01-23-2012, 02:06 PM
http://www.jasonrhart.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/darth-sidious-bill-belichick.jpg

DynaPaul
01-23-2012, 02:11 PM
This Super Bowl is going to be a repeat of the last time they met except that I expect the Giants to score more points this time.

Ickybaluky
01-23-2012, 02:23 PM
They made it damn near impossible to win our division for the last decade.

I think the Bills were fine with that on their own. They didn't need help.

I find the people who think that the NFL is going is being "ruined". Seriously? Whether you like the game or not, the NFL is more popular now than at anytime in it's history. They just signed record extensions to their TV deals that last through the decade. They ratings for this playoffs have been up by a wide margin. The AFC Championship game was the highest rated AFC title game in the early time slot in 18 years. The NFC Championship game was up 7% from last year's game.

You may not like it, but more people love the NFL than ever.

OpIv37
01-23-2012, 02:33 PM
I think the Bills were fine with that on their own. They didn't need help.

I find the people who think that the NFL is going is being "ruined". Seriously? Whether you like the game or not, the NFL is more popular now than at anytime in it's history. They just signed record extensions to their TV deals that last through the decade. They ratings for this playoffs have been up by a wide margin. The AFC Championship game was the highest rated AFC title game in the early time slot in 18 years. The NFC Championship game was up 7% from last year's game.

is anything beyond your first sentence directed at me, because I really didn't say anything remotely like that?

In the past, I've commented that the NFL is screwing themselves by catering to the corporate fan rather than the average fan, and it will eventually catch up with them, but that's a completely different topic and I haven't said anything about that in a long time.

As far as winning the division: my point is that because of the Patriots, the Bills could have had double-digit wins every year for the last 10 years and STILL never won the division. So, Buffalo's futility is their own issue, but it's really irrelevant because the only way we would have been able to win the division would be to be one of the greatest teams in history. The Patriots set the bar impossibly high and made life miserable for us.

Ickybaluky
01-23-2012, 03:00 PM
is anything beyond your first sentence directed at me, because I really didn't say anything remotely like that?

No. Just didn't want to hit reply on more than one post.

mjt328
01-23-2012, 03:17 PM

Ratings don't tell the whole story.
And I believe everything the NFL is doing will eventually come back to bite them.

Personally, I absolutely LOVE the sport of football. And I have a hard time imagining myself completely giving up on the sport.

But this season, I've started realizing that I simply don't enjoy the sport like I used to. And I know a lot of fans that are slowly getting to that point. No matter how excited I get about games on Sunday, I just don't enjoy watching this "watered down" version of pro football (for all the above listed reasons).
I've just about given up on the Bills. I've lost interest in fantasy football. I have no desire to watch the Super Bowl.

Sure, I'm just one person. But I buy a lot of merchandise. I've bought NFL Sunday Ticket every season since it was invented. I go to games occasionally.

Next year, I might just decide to forget about spending the money on NFL Sunday Ticket and spend my time and money doing something else.

DraftBoy
01-23-2012, 03:40 PM

In the past, I've commented that the NFL is screwing themselves by catering to the corporate fan rather than the average fan, and it will eventually catch up with them, but that's a completely different topic and I haven't said anything about that in a long time.

As far as winning the division: my point is that because of the Patriots, the Bills could have had double-digit wins every year for the last 10 years and STILL never won the division. So, Buffalo's futility is their own issue, but it's really irrelevant because the only way we would have been able to win the division would be to be one of the greatest teams in history. The Patriots set the bar impossibly high and made life miserable for us.

What do you base that on? The NFL is one of the best run corporations when it comes to keeping the average fan. Just had the highest rated Conference Title games ever. Can do that with just corporate and die hard fans. Not to mention the multi-billion dollar TV deals the most successful sports satellite package ever known and coutless other things that are for the average fan.

Catering to one over the other does not automatically mean you're pushing the other away.

imbondz
01-23-2012, 03:46 PM
the patriots are satan's team. demons run it, brady sold his soul to satan, satan loves them. period.

FancyPats
01-23-2012, 03:47 PM
And in the rare cases where things didn't go their way, they got help from the refs and eventually got rule changes that favored them.

**** them.

The Colts got the rules changed BECAUSE of what the Patriots did to them! Running up the score stops mattering after high school sports. No one is volunteering to play in the NFL. They get paid, so they should just play better if they don't want to get crushed.

Ickybaluky
01-23-2012, 03:54 PM
Ratings don't tell the whole story. And I believe everything the NFL is doing will eventually come back to bite them.

I know you believe it, but the point is all the evidence points to the exact opposite conclusion. The NFL has never been more popular. As a fan, you may personally not like what is happening, but the NFL shows no signs of losing popularity.

Really, what that is about is the Bills have been down for a while. If they have a great year next year you will probably be back, otherwise why would you be here. Teams rise and fall over time, and Buffalo will eventually turn it around.

utmhead
01-23-2012, 03:57 PM
The World is a darker place for Bills fan cause they have an owner who is in the dark. The Pats have 1 of the best owners in all of sports.
The Pats are the best team in the AFC East plain and simple.

utmhead
01-23-2012, 03:58 PM
I know you believe it, but the point is all the evidence points to the exact opposite conclusion. The NFL has never been more popular. As a fan, you may personally not like what is happening, but the NFL shows no signs of losing popularity.

Really, what that is about is the Bills have been down for a while. If they have a great year next year you will probably be back, otherwise why would you be here. Teams rise and fall over time, and Buffalo will eventually turn it around.

They will turn it around when the owner dies or sells the team and the team moves.

kingJofNYC
01-23-2012, 04:43 PM
Pat fans, going strong since 2001.

Johnny Bugmenot
01-23-2012, 06:14 PM
The World is a darker place for Bills fan cause they have an owner who is in the dark. The Pats have 1 of the best owners in all of sports.
The Pats are the best team in the AFC East plain and simple.
The only reason they have that owner is because he used an underhanded tactic to force the team to stay in New England. He practically stole the team from Jim Orthwein. Had Kraft not done that, LA would still have the Rams, Tom Brady would've led the St. Louis Stallions to three Super Bowl victories, and everybody would be talking about the Bills relocating to Boston.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-23-2012, 06:53 PM
The only reason they have that owner is because he used an underhanded tactic to force the team to stay in New England. He practically stole the team from Jim Orthwein. Had Kraft not done that, LA would still have the Rams, Tom Brady would've led the St. Louis Stallions to three Super Bowl victories, and everybody would be talking about the Bills relocating to Boston.
Johnny Bugmenot: The Harry Turtledove of Bills land

Look it up spanky

Johnny Bugmenot
01-23-2012, 07:04 PM
Johnny Bugmenot: The Harry Turtledove of Bills land

Look it up spanky
Oh, I could really have fun with that if I wanted to. But that's for another thread.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-23-2012, 07:18 PM
Oh, I could really have fun with that if I wanted to. But that's for another thread.
LOL :)

Night Train
01-23-2012, 07:24 PM

**** them.

Now you know why some of us on the bad side of 50 despise the Fins. O for the 1970's and Bob Kuchenburg saying after our streak breaking 17-7 1980 opening day win " I can't believe we lost to the Bills. This has to be the lowest moment of my career " (Bills went 11-5 that year and won the division. **** him forever !).BTW, the Refs basically stole 2 victories during that time.

This is why I want Kuchenburg and his 3 DWI's to keep him out of the HOF and die a broken man. I understand the hate of the Pats because my hate of the Fins is 40 + years and still very real.

utmhead
01-24-2012, 06:59 AM

Yeah he really stole the team?? I thought he paid $175 million for it. The Most at that time any team was purchased for. The Team was valued at $75 million when he bought it and he paid Othwein $100 million more than it was worth.He Dont let the facts get in your way of making a good argument. You are just upset cause your team will be moving to LA in 3 years and be called the LA Stallions

Ickybaluky
01-24-2012, 07:19 AM
Yeah he really stole the team?? I thought he paid $175 million for it. The Most at that time any team was purchased for. The Team was valued at $75 million when he bought it and he paid Othwein $100 million more than it was worth.He Dont let the facts get in your way of making a good argument. You are just upset cause your team will be moving to LA in 3 years and be called the LA Stallions

Good post.

People thought Bob Kraft was nuts when he bought the team. They were a shambles of a team, with an old, out-dated stadium and a history of incompetence. He paid Orthwein the most that had ever been paid for a franchise at that time (the Pats were the least valuable team in the NFL). People told him he would never get his money back.

There was nothing "underhanded" going on. Before Orthwein ever bought the Patriots, the stadium was in bankruptcy. Bob Kraft stepped in and bought the stadium corporation, which had a 20-year lease with the team. The only thing Bob Kraft did was turn down a very generous offer that Orthwein made to buy out the lease, and instead bought the team from him.

Did Bob Kraft use his leverage? Sure. But what is "underhanded" about making the team honor it's lease? He told Orthwein that he could move the team to St. Louis, as long as they played their home games in the old Foxboro stadium for the term of the lease. Orthwein then decided to sell it, and Kraft made the best offer (others tried to buy it).

Kraft turned down $75M from Orthwein to buy out the lease, because he didn't want the team to move (he paid $20M for the stadium). Think of how dumb a business deal that was. Instead of making a boatload of money, he took the biggest financial risk of his career. He did it because as a long-time season ticket holder he wanted to save the team. The Bills would be lucky to have a guy like that step up when Ralph Wilson's tenure as owner ends.

B-DON
01-24-2012, 04:26 PM

Didn't Eli throw like 55 times. That's noting like the 90's football I remember seeing.

Ickybaluky
01-25-2012, 05:00 AM
Didn't Eli throw like 55 times. That's noting like the 90's football I remember seeing.

Not only that, they threw it 589 times, 6th most in the NFL. They have 411 rushing attempts, 22nd in the NFL. That means the Giants only rush the ball 41% of the time during the season.

The Pats threw it 612 times (3rd) and ran it 438 times (17th). that means they rush the ball 41.7% of the time in the regular season.

In the playoffs the Giants have 123 pass attempts to 84 rushes, meaning they rush it a little less (40.6%).

The Pats have 70 passes to 61 rushes in the playoffs, meaning they have been more balanced (46.6%) than the regular season.

Smash-mouth, indeed.