I believe this is the guy we are playing...errr...losing for

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nolimit
    Member of the Official Drew Bledsoe Truce!
    • Aug 2003

I believe this is the guy we are playing...errr...losing for

Mikhail Grigorenko Михаил Григоренко. Clip from CSKA Moscow (Red Army in MHL) Russia u18 and Quebec Remparts (QMJHL)A early look at top prospect for 2012 NHL...
  • SabreEleven
    • Aug 2002

Re: I believe this is the guy we are playing...errr...losing for

Well, at least they are losing properly for once. I'm in Bills mode...Hope they lose for better draft position but root for them to win during the game. It's helps with my mental psyche when they do lose. Let's trade Roy, Stafford, Gaustad, Sekera for draft picks and prospects, bring up the kids for the rest of the season and sign a key free agent or two during the off season. Let's suck the rest of the season to make us dominate in 2 to 3 years.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by SabreEleven
      Well, at least they are losing properly for once. I'm in Bills mode...Hope they lose for better draft position but root for them to win during the game. It's helps with my mental psyche when they do lose. Let's trade Roy, Stafford, Gaustad, Sekera for draft picks and prospects, bring up the kids for the rest of the season and sign a key free agent or two during the off season. Let's suck the rest of the season to make us dominate in 2 to 3 years.
      Well, if there is a silver lining in this cluster****, it's that now everyone knows what many of us have been saying for 5 years: this core is not good enough to win.

I just hope Pegula has the balls to do what it takes to break it down and rebuild.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• SabreEleven
        • Aug 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
        Well, if there is a silver lining in this cluster****, it's that now everyone knows what many of us have been saying for 5 years: this core is not good enough to win.

I just hope Pegula has the balls to do what it takes to break it down and rebuild.
        and if the right moves are made, it wouldn't take us that long to be back in the running. Maybe even the PO's next year.

Comment

• SkateZilla
          • Dec 2002

its sad that that guy is already easily better than anyone in the team.....

the Sabres have been infected with Billsitus.....

Play good for 2-3 games.. . then bomb the season.. winning one here or there.....
          Skate Zilla
          -----------------------
          Skate Zilla HD Studios:
          SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• Fitzpatrick'sbeard
            Veteran Zoner
            • Aug 2011

Sabres won't get him remember this is not the NFL Draft! there's a lottery!

Teams can only move up 4 slots maximum (ie. only the top 5 teams have a shot at winning the lottery) and drop no more than 1 spot in the order. So whoever finishes last overall in the regulatr season standings has a 48.2% off winning the draft lottery.

also all the NHL Draft experts say that he will be the second one taken overall.

The Sabres will get a good young player the experts also say that this draft is deep with kids with hockey talent this year.
            Last edited by Fitzpatrick'sbeard; 01-23-2012, 11:55 PM.

Comment

• SabreEleven
              • Aug 2002

you realize that if the season ended today, the Sabres would be in the #3 spot so they could realistically get him but Bettman will fix it so they won't

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                Skoobasaurus-Rex
                • Oct 2011

Oh man, you know it's super weak to root for your team to lose to gain draft spots (even though secretly I'm torn).

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown
                  Oh man, you know it's super weak to root for your team to lose to gain draft spots (even though secretly I'm torn).
                  Did you read S11's post? We won't get the #1 no matter how bad we are.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• don137
                    • Jul 2002

I thought I heard Nail Yakupov was the top prospect and compared to Ovechkin. Even though he is a right wing.
                    Last edited by don137; 01-24-2012, 07:58 AM.

Comment

• SabreEleven
                      • Aug 2002

My prediction for the rest of the season: Sabres will go on a tear where they'll JUST miss the playoffs but screw their draft position to where they'll get a NHL/AHL tweener plus it will fool the Sabres leadership into thinking they have a good team for next year and this losing streak was just an aberation.

Comment

• don137
                        • Jul 2002

Personally, I started rooting for Edmonton, Columbus, Carolina, Islanders, etc to win. Let this be a rebuilding year and hope for a top 2 pick in draft.

Comment

• PTI
                          Banned
                          • Jan 2011

If they do not make the playoffs I hope they are that bad then. The top picks lately are all home runs and many of them superstars.

They will have to somehow get a new new goalie next year though.
                          Last edited by PTI; 01-24-2012, 08:43 AM.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by PTI
                            If they do not make the playoffs I hope they are that bad then. The top picks lately are all home runs and many of them superstars.

They will have to somehow get a new new goalie next year though.
                            They've needed a new goalie since Biron left. Well, Conklin was decent but he wasn't here long. Our back-ups have been pitiful ever since, and now that we finally have a decent one in Enroth, Miller starts to suck.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by SabreEleven
                              My prediction for the rest of the season: Sabres will go on a tear where they'll JUST miss the playoffs but screw their draft position to where they'll get a NHL/AHL tweener plus it will fool the Sabres leadership into thinking they have a good team for next year and this losing streak was just an aberation.
                              That sounds about right- and don't forget they have the injury excuse to back up their decision if this happens.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X