PDA

View Full Version : No truth to the rumor

Bill Cody
01-23-2012, 10:25 AM
that the Ravens called, they want to know if they can have their 4th back for Lee

TacklingDummy
01-23-2012, 11:02 AM
:lmao: No thanks, they can keep the over rated, over paid, injury prone, on the wrong side of 30, bum.

Figster
01-23-2012, 11:14 AM
should have been a catch

JCBills
01-23-2012, 11:48 AM
:lmao: No thanks, they can keep the over rated, over paid, injury prone, on the wrong side of 30, bum.

I love how "injury prone" is used on here.

Prior to 2010, Evans had played in all 16 games for 6 straight seasons since being drafted, only 7 of those were not starts. He missed 3 games last year, and finally had his first long term injury this season.

109 straight Games played, 102 starts with Buffalo. Super injury prone, right?

Don't Panic
01-23-2012, 12:08 PM
I love how "injury prone" is used on here.

Prior to 2010, Evans had played in all 16 games for 6 straight seasons since being drafted, only 7 of those were not starts. He missed 3 games last year, and finally had his first long term injury this season.

109 straight Games played, 102 starts with Buffalo. Super injury prone, right?

Some people have a tendency of speaking before they type...

I feel bad for all three of those guys who "lost" their team the game yesterday. I know there's purpose in it in the big picture sense, but today has to be one crappy day for those three. As for Lee, I have nothing but love for the guy... would have been nice to see him hold onto that ball.

Jan Reimers
01-23-2012, 12:13 PM
Lee was a good player and teammate for us. I'll never understand the irrational hatred toward him among some fans.

And he made a good catch yesterday that should have been ruled a TD. He simply got PATStracized by the officials.

JCBills
01-23-2012, 12:16 PM
Some people have a tendency of speaking before they type...

I feel bad for all three of those guys who "lost" their team the game yesterday. I know there's purpose in it in the big picture sense, but today has to be one crappy day for those three. As for Lee, I have nothing but love for the guy... would have been nice to see him hold onto that ball.

I think it is very rare for a single player to actually lose a game for their team.

22 guys (plus rotational players & ST guys) are playing in every game. They have all day to execute plays and put points up or stop the other team from executing and putting points up. It just so happens that the last chance that team has to execute gets the media coverage. They had all day to do it, not just one play.

Bill Cody
01-23-2012, 12:52 PM
I think it is very rare for a single player to actually lose a game for their team.

22 guys (plus rotational players & ST guys) are playing in every game. They have all day to execute plays and put points up or stop the other team from executing and putting points up. It just so happens that the last chance that team has to execute gets the media coverage. They had all day to do it, not just one play.

True enough. Ray Lewis said as much. Having said that it was truly amazing to go from going to the Super Bowl to going to OT to going home in a couple plays. Some plays are pivotal.

There's been attempts here to say the refs blew the call, favored the Pats etc on the Evans play. I don't see it that way. It was not a TD, close but no cigar. I have no ill will towards Lee, never have. But I have to admit it crossed my mind that even when the Bills are light years away from competing in a game like yesterday's we still are indirectly the topic of conversation and not in a good way.

Mr. Miyagi
01-23-2012, 12:54 PM
I was rooting for Lee to catch that pass, because a) I still like him and b) I hate the Patriots.

TacklingDummy
01-23-2012, 01:06 PM
109 straight Games played, 102 starts with Buffalo. Super injury prone, right?Once the injuries start they seem to be recurring. Although I just threw that in with my bash of the bum.

don137
01-23-2012, 01:10 PM
While I was rooting for him to make the catch I was not surprised he could not hold on. It was an incomplete pass IMO. Look at the Calvin Johnson incomplete catch in week one. He held it longer than Evans but since he did not maintain possession it was ruled incomplete.

DynaPaul
01-23-2012, 02:14 PM
I wish he would have caught it just to banish the Patriots from the big game but he didn't and I'm not surprised one bit.

SABURZFAN
01-23-2012, 06:30 PM
that the Ravens called, they want to know if they can have their 4th back for Lee

:chuckle:

good one... :up:

mikemac2001
01-23-2012, 06:43 PM
Lee was a good player and teammate for us. I'll never understand the irrational hatred toward him among some fans.

And he made a good catch yesterday that should have been ruled a TD. He simply got PATStracized by the officials.

he wasn't being tackled while making the catch, he had control in the endzone and then the guy knocked it out, very bang bang but the rule is so loose that whatever they wanna say goes.

if he was being dragged down must maintain possession ala calvin johnson hitting the ball on the ground, i havent watched the play over again but bang bang i thought td then celebrating got it knocked out while raising his arms...who cares tho

Bill Cody
01-23-2012, 07:01 PM

I've rethought this. Cundiff's miss is far far worse than Evans not securing the ball so it could be knocked out. It's the equivalent of a golfer with a 2 footer to win the Masters and choking it. Cundiff lost the game for the Ravens. There's no guarantee they would have won in OT but he ended their chances. Classic gag.

Don't Panic
01-23-2012, 09:00 PM

Hence the "quotes".

Crisis
01-23-2012, 09:10 PM
So people root for scumbags like McGahee now but bashing Evans is fair game?

Nobody is arguing against the giant anti-Evans circle jerk, it just amazes me that people have hatred for a guy who was nothing more than a model citizen while here.