PDA

View Full Version : Evans may be one and done in Baltimore

Mr. Miyagi
01-23-2012, 12:59 PM
I feel bad for the guy, except of course his little jab at us.

This is the greatest team that I’ve been on, and I feel like I let everybody down.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/23/lee-evans-may-be-on-way-out-of-baltimore/

It's never going to happen but I wouldn't have opposed to him coming back to us.

TacklingDummy
01-23-2012, 01:04 PM
He should be sending JP a check for a million dollars. He's been in the league 8 years and only had 1 season with more than 63 receptions.

don137
01-23-2012, 01:05 PM
Screw him. He is average at best now. What separates winners from losers are plays like the end of the game where he did not make the catch. He never could make the catch in traffic.

ThunderGun
01-23-2012, 01:06 PM
looks like we fleeced them on that trade...

JCBills
01-23-2012, 01:07 PM
Screw him. He is average at best now. What separates winners from losers are plays like the end of the game where he did not make the catch. He never could make the catch in traffic.

For his size, he ripped down a decent amount of tough jump balls. The catch vs SD a few years back comes to mind, as well as him ripping it from 2 Jet defenders.

The jab was deserved, as that Baltimore squad was by far better than any Buffalo team he was a part of.

Evans had less than a 5% drop rate when with Buffalo, among the best in the league, so I can't see how people want to blame reception totals on him, nor do I get the hatred towards someone who has nothing but a class act while with the team. The guy never had a real QB.

ThunderGun
01-23-2012, 01:09 PM
For his size, he ripped down a decent amount of tough jump balls. The catch vs SD a few years back comes to mind, as well as him ripping it from 2 Jet defenders.
Come on.....we all know those were the only two.

I don't hate Lee....but I also wont deny that he really hasn't been any good for 2-3 years, and didn't seem to want to be here once JP got benched.

TacklingDummy
01-23-2012, 01:16 PM
I don't hate Lee....but I also wont deny that he really hasn't been any good for 2-3 years, and didn't seem to want to be here once JP got benched.

Lee's last 3 years: 85 Rec., 1264 yards, 11 TDs

Ron Gronkowski this year: 90 Rec, 1327 yards, 17 TDs

BLeonard
01-23-2012, 01:28 PM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/23/lee-evans-may-be-on-way-out-of-baltimore/

It's never going to happen but I wouldn't have opposed to him coming back to us.

Personally, I don't consider that a jab... It's not his fault he was never on a "great" team in Buffalo... The best team he's been on before this year finished 9-7...

That being said, personally, I don't want him back and it has nothing to do with yesterday's events. He'll be 31 next season and for a team that appears to be going the youth route, Lee just doesn't fit in. Also, throw in the fact of how little he saw the field this year and I'll pass.

-Bill

YardRat
01-23-2012, 01:31 PM
Lee isn't coming back. Gotta catch that ball, dude...

dannyek71
01-23-2012, 01:56 PM
What jab? It is the truth.

JCBills
01-23-2012, 01:56 PM

Ron Gronkowski this year: 90 Rec, 1327 yards, 17 TDs

Because who's throwing the ball has no impact, right?

Not saying that accounts for everything, but this is a pretty useless argument here.

Philagape
01-23-2012, 02:04 PM
Because who's throwing the ball has no impact, right?

Not saying that accounts for everything, but this is a pretty useless argument here.

Steve Johnson's last 2 years: 158 Rec, 2078 yards, 17 TDs

DynaPaul
01-23-2012, 02:06 PM
As soon as I saw him drop that game winner I said, "Yup, there was a reason why the Bills traded him." Lee just isn't that good anymore.

Philagape
01-23-2012, 02:10 PM
It wasn't just the drop. He's been an epic bust in Baltimore, even when healthy. A rookie took the job he was supposed to do. I read somewhere that in last week's playoff game, Evans was on the field for just 8 snaps. The Ravens found out what the Bills already knew, and had a 4th-round pick stolen from them.

Mr. Miyagi
01-23-2012, 02:52 PM
I feel bad for Evans not making it to the SB.

I'm glad as hell that Whitner didn't make it to the SB.

JCBills
01-23-2012, 02:58 PM

And Lee wasn't the #1 for any of them. Not saying it accounts for everything. T.O. came and then Fitz found his favorite in Stevie because his deep ball isn't great, and everyone knows Evans was pretty much all deep ball.

PTI
01-23-2012, 03:15 PM
He will get 8 TDs on the Patriots next year.

streetkings01
01-23-2012, 03:22 PM
He will get 8 TDs on the Patriots next year.Just like Ochocinco did this year? The hoodie likes to bring in players that have hurt him consistently in the past........Evans has been a non factor in every game he's played against the Pats.

djjimkelly
01-23-2012, 03:24 PM
Come on.....we all know those were the only two.

yeah he knew he was playing with a lesser qb and a horrific offensive system under jauron

TacklingDummy
01-23-2012, 03:31 PM
You are right. Gronkowski is an Elite Tight End, Evans is just a slighty above average Wide Receiver.

BertSquirtgum
01-23-2012, 03:38 PM
Hey Lee. Nice catch. You stink.

ThunderGun
01-23-2012, 03:38 PM
Just like Ochocinco did this year? The hoodie likes to bring in players that have hurt him consistently in the past........Evans has been a non factor in every game he's played against the Pats.
Hahaha, you intrigued me with this, so I just looked up the numbers.

Lee Evans career numbers vs. New England (prior to yesterday):

13 games, 0 wins, 36 catches, 486 yards, 1 TD.

That's a per/game average of 2.7 catches, 37 yards, 0.08 TD's.

lol

JCBills
01-23-2012, 03:39 PM
You are right. Gronkowski is an Elite Tight End, Evans is just a slighty above average Wide Receiver.

That Gronk is, but he also has Tom Brady. Let's not ignore the elephant in the room.

Johnny Bugmenot
01-23-2012, 03:44 PM

This could possibly be the best comparison. After all, who better to compare to than a man notorious for dropping crucial game-winning passes?

imbondz
01-23-2012, 03:55 PM
I don't really feel bad for Evans, more annoyed than anything. in a small small way he was still wearing the Bills. great players make those catches. could care less about the ravens, just didn't want the patsies in the sb

TacklingDummy
01-23-2012, 04:14 PM

lol
Wow he stunk.

Philagape
01-23-2012, 04:16 PM
And Lee wasn't the #1 for any of them. Not saying it accounts for everything. T.O. came and then Fitz found his favorite in Stevie because his deep ball isn't great, and everyone knows Evans was pretty much all deep ball.

You just made the main points that Lee's critics make.

HAMMER
01-23-2012, 04:51 PM
Some serious haters in this thread. The guy caught the ball, the D back made a perfect play and knocked it out. Can't see how Lee is to blame. To those saying he couldn't catch in traffic, you're nuts.

Oaf
01-23-2012, 05:43 PM

How was calling the only playoff team he's been on the greatest team he's played on a jab at us?

YardRat
01-23-2012, 06:14 PM
Some serious haters in this thread. The guy caught the ball, the D back made a perfect play and knocked it out. Can't see how Lee is to blame. To those saying he couldn't catch in traffic, you're nuts.

The ball was in his belly, with both hands/arms...of course he is to blame. It's not like the D back made a tremendous pass deflection preventing the ball from getting to Evans at all.

The Jokeman
01-23-2012, 06:17 PM
Hahaha, you intrigued me with this, so I just looked up the numbers.

Lee Evans career numbers vs. New England (prior to yesterday):

lol
In comparison Stevie has had:

5 games, 1 win, 21 catches, 313 yards 3 TDs.

That's a per/game average of 4.2 catches, 62.6 yards and 0.6. I think it's fair to say that Stevie is showing he's a better #1 WR than Lee has and all the more reason to keep him.

better days
01-23-2012, 06:45 PM
In comparison Stevie has had:

5 games, 1 win, 21 catches, 313 yards 3 TDs.

That's a per/game average of 4.2 catches, 62.6 yards and 0.6. I think it's fair to say that Stevie is showing he's a better #1 WR than Lee has and all the more reason to keep him.

Well, those stats are misleading because the Pats* defense has been on a steady decline & this is their worst year yet. That said, Stevie is a better fit for this offense & the Bills need to keep him.

I was against the Evans trade, but with his injury, that 4th rnd pick could come in handy on draft day.

imbondz
01-23-2012, 07:46 PM
The ball was in his belly, with both hands/arms...of course he is to blame. It's not like the D back made a tremendous pass deflection preventing the ball from getting to Evans at all.

totally agree. it was all Evans fault, no reason he got that ball knocked out, seemed like he was barely hanging onto it

better days
01-23-2012, 10:48 PM

No, the CB did not deflect the ball, he did however RIP it out of Evans grasp as all Pats* players are taught to do.

Night Train
01-24-2012, 04:19 AM
WR's lose their ability to hold onto the ball when older. They may still have the wheels but cannot secure the ball like they could in their prime.

clumping platelets
01-24-2012, 04:21 AM
He will sign with New England in the offseason

k-oneputt
01-24-2012, 07:59 AM
Another example on why you don't waste a 1st rd. draft picks on wr's.
Said wr had better be great to even think of usung a 1st rd. pick on one. I can count on one hand the stud wr's that fit playing in the league right now.

The Jokeman
01-24-2012, 09:13 AM
Well, those stats are misleading because the Pats* defense has been on a steady decline & this is their worst year yet. That said, Stevie is a better fit for this offense & the Bills need to keep him.

I was against the Evans trade, but with his injury, that 4th rnd pick could come in handy on draft day.
Okay let's then compare this year where Stevie had 12 catches and 134 yards against w 2 TDs in 1.5 games vs the Patriots and Lee only had 3 catches for 34 in 1 game. Is that fair enough?

NOT THE DUDE...
01-24-2012, 09:42 AM
hes a deep threat, thats it. big deal...

playing wr is so much more than that, so much more...

mikemac2001
01-24-2012, 11:23 AM
Okay let's then compare this year where Stevie had 12 catches and 134 yards against w 2 TDs in 1.5 games vs the Patriots and Lee only had 3 catches for 34 in 1 game. Is that fair enough?

Lee was hurt all year, had no chemistry with the players on the offense....drops his one big chance

i feel bad for him he wasnt a bad bill just didn't work with our current scheme and got old....you guys act like he was a horriable player and trashed buffalo. he was a bill during one of the worst times to be a bill

trapezeus
01-24-2012, 11:27 AM
evans, if he was only on the field 8 times, had balls thrown his way 2-3 times. and he made a great catch and possibly had a chance for a legendary catch. so he still has something in him.

the ball he dropped, it just seemed like he thought he had it and out of reach of the defender. He takes a longer stride than he probably would have if the defender was right on him. and he secures it kind of loosely. if a guy was closer i feel like he would have pulled the ball back further as he dropped the second leg.

crappy circumstances. If he was healthy he probably would have been good as the lofton receiver just running long and beinga nuisance since boldin was great and they had that rookie playing well.

It hurt to see evans not have success, and it hurt to not see whitner make the gaffe to lose the 49ers game.

The Jokeman
01-24-2012, 01:10 PM
Lee was hurt all year, had no chemistry with the players on the offense....drops his one big chance

i feel bad for him he wasnt a bad bill just didn't work with our current scheme and got old....you guys act like he was a horriable player and trashed buffalo. he was a bill during one of the worst times to be a bill
and now he's not a Bill so I don't have to like him and that's my choice. I even own a Lee Bills jersey but honestly he might be a great character guy but at the same time he's far from a great player. I've always compared Lee to Terry Glenn which simply means he's a great second-ary player but not a true #1.

better days
01-24-2012, 01:19 PM
and now he's not a Bill so I don't have to like him and that's my choice. I even own a Lee Bills jersey but honestly he might be a great character guy but at the same time he's far from a great player. I've always compared Lee to Terry Glenn which simply means he's a great second-ary player but not a true #1.

I don't care if Lee Evans is not a GREAT player. He has been a good player with great character. The Bills could use more of those type players.

OpIv37
01-24-2012, 03:07 PM
I don't care if Lee Evans is not a GREAT player. He has been a good player with great character. The Bills could use more of those type players.

I disagree greatly. We need more talent. We have had LOTS of good players who have great character over the last decade. It has gotten us absolutely nowhere.

streetkings01
01-24-2012, 03:19 PM

i feel bad for him he wasnt a bad bill just didn't work with our current scheme and got old....you guys act like he was a horriable player and trashed buffalo. he was a bill during one of the worst times to be a billHe's also sucked his last 3 seasons in Buffalo.........2004 and 2006 were the only years worth talking about when it came to Lee.

better days
01-24-2012, 07:58 PM
I disagree greatly. We need more talent. We have had LOTS of good players who have great character over the last decade. It has gotten us absolutely nowhere.

NO, the Bills have had LOTS of MEDIOCRE players over the last decade. VERY FEW GOOD players. You should realize that as well as anyone Op.

OpIv37
01-24-2012, 09:38 PM
NO, the Bills have had LOTS of MEDIOCRE players over the last decade. VERY FEW GOOD players. You should realize that as well as anyone Op.
Lots of good players. Few stars. No elite talent. They're not just good- they're good enough.

And every time someone on this board mentions it, they get the standard " well no team has stars at every position"

Bert102176
01-25-2012, 01:12 AM

He'll end up replacing Ocho Cinco in NE and then will go on having pro bowl seasons, the Duche, would like him back here

Mr. Pink
01-26-2012, 07:53 AM
:rofl: another guy our fanbase simply cannot admit that he wasn't good enough let alone good.

Excuses, excuses, excuses.

The dude is basically done as an NFL WR.

One trick pony who will likely end up on some downtrodden franchise for league minimum and then completely fade away.

k-oneputt
01-26-2012, 08:49 AM
Another of our overrated Big 10 draft picks.