PDA

View Full Version : The Pats will lose the Super Bowl and here's why.....

blackonyx89
01-24-2012, 09:00 AM
The Pats in 2008 had a prolific offense and a middle of the road defense and were going after the perfect season. The Giants had a stout defense and shut them them down and a young Eli made smart and crucial plays and threw the winning TD against the Pats D.

This time around the Pats offense isn't as good as the 2008 offense and the defense has as many holes as swiss cheese. The Giants defense is just as good in 2008 and the scary thing is that Eli is a better QB now than he was back then. The media, commentators and prognostocators can waste 2 weeks of talking about Brady and the Pats chance to win all they want, but this year's Super Bowl looks like a potention blowout by the Giants. History will repeat itself and the G-Men will crush the Pats. Mark my words!

Pinkerton Security
01-24-2012, 09:03 AM
blowout by the giants? really? Id bet any amount of money that the giants do not win by more than 10, which id say wouldnt even constitute a blowout

Lone Stranger
01-24-2012, 11:43 AM
I think you are correct; I was expecting the Giants to be a 7-9 point favorite.

justasportsfan
01-24-2012, 12:15 PM
Pats will win because they recorded the giants signals

SquishDaFish
01-24-2012, 01:05 PM
Im thinking same thing but prob like Giants win by 14 or so

Mr. Miyagi
01-24-2012, 01:07 PM
blowout by the giants? really? Id bet any amount of money that the giants do not win by more than 10, which id say wouldnt even constitute a blowout
I'll take that bet.

imbondz
01-24-2012, 03:09 PM
Anyone who thinks the Giants are going to smoke em is crazy. all we can do is white knuckle this game and pray a miracle happens again. everything to me points to the Patsies winning.

Ickybaluky
01-24-2012, 03:09 PM
I am pretty sure it will be a close game. Both teams are on hot streaks. The Pats haven't been blown out all year, losing 3 games by a combined 15 points. The same teams played earlier in the season and the Pats lost by 4 on a TD with 19 seconds left. The game stats were actually very even, the Pats having more yardage but couldn't overcome being -2 on turnovers.

The Pats OL protects well, and Brady is likely to bounce back. They will score some points. That is especially true in a dome setting, where the Pats passing game is historically very efficient. There are plays to be had against the Giants secondary.

The big question is the Pats defense matching up to the Giants offense. I think the Pats front is playing very well, and they will do a better job against the run than they did earlier in the season. They can push around a Giants OL that has weaknesses (Kareen MacKenzie is a real weakness). The big problem is the Giants WR against a patchwork NE secondary. The Giants are also likely to make some plays in the passing game.

I see a pretty good amount of scoring and it could come down to the team that has the ball last. Should be a great game. I give the Giants the overall advantage, but I would have said the same thing about the Pats in 2007. Pats are no pushovers, they have been mentally tough all year and hang in games even when not playing their best. I'd be shocked by a blowout.

streetkings01
01-24-2012, 03:11 PM
The Pats in 2008 had a prolific offense and a middle of the road defense and were going after the perfect season. The Giants had a stout defense and shut them them down and a young Eli made smart and crucial plays and threw the winning TD against the Pats D.

This time around the Pats offense isn't as good as the 2008 offense and the defense has as many holes as swiss cheese. The Giants defense is just as good in 2008 and the scary thing is that Eli is a better QB now than he was back then. The media, commentators and prognostocators can waste 2 weeks of talking about Brady and the Pats chance to win all they want, but this year's Super Bowl looks like a potention blowout by the Giants. History will repeat itself and the G-Men will crush the Pats. Mark my words!The Giants barely beat the Pats last time.......took a late TD to win the game and neither team was at full strength. The Patriots defense is clicking at the right time plus the hoodie has 2 weeks to put together a game plan.......I think some of you guys are gonna be very disappointed after the Pats roll against the Giants. This just seems like one of those games where Brady and Belichick put together a game plan that'll make your jaw drop at how easy their making things look.

imbondz
01-24-2012, 03:18 PM
pretty sure since 2001 the Pats have lost to the same team twice only one time - in 2005 vs the Broncos in the regular season, then in playoffs. It just rarely happens, and probably isn't going to this SB.

Mr. Miyagi
01-24-2012, 03:23 PM
The Pats will lose the SB because some nutjob (not me, I swear) will nancy kerrigan Tom Bray's ass before the game.

G Wolly
01-24-2012, 03:30 PM
I sure hope not.

Boston sports fans need a championship.

jamze132
01-24-2012, 04:38 PM
Giants by 3.

YardRat
01-24-2012, 04:48 PM
The Lombardi Trophy is going back to Boston because it's already bought and paid for. Mark my words.

Goobylal
01-24-2012, 06:29 PM
I also think the Giants win, but not by a blow out. Compared to 2007, the Giants are better and the Pats are worse.

imbondz
01-24-2012, 09:16 PM
the Pats defense this year is way underrated, they've gotten better and are better than their 2008 D

jcdavey
01-25-2012, 02:22 AM
i picked the giants to win this coming sb, but if you think this giants D is as good as they were in that 2008 superbowl, you've got no clue at all lol

their secondary is ripped literally to shreds

DynaPaul
01-25-2012, 10:03 AM
The Giants are going to win again and here's why I think it's going to happen.

First, they have a psychological edge over the Patriots since they beat them last time in the big game a couple of years ago. The Patriots haven't forgotten about it and I'm sure playing NJ was probably on the bottom of their list of potential contenders. Also, the Giants seem to respond better when people count them out. Well, Vegas has already counted them out by giving New England 3 points on the game. You don't think the Giants player aren't thinking about that? Eli is in his hometown in a sense.

Second, the offenses, the Giants are more improved while New England has only gone downhill since the last championship. The Giants have a red hot receiving corps which is something they didn't have the last time around. Think it's a tough matchup for the Giants to cover Welker, Gronkowski, and Hernandez? Imagine how tough it will be for New England's defense to cover Manningham, Nicks, and Cruz. NJ has a better running game. NE has Green-Ellis and Little Danny Woodhead (trademarked) while NJ sports Jacobs and Bradshaw. Eli looks a hell of a lot better than he did last time while Brady kind of sucked against Baltimore.

Third, defensive line play. Let's just put it out there, both teams have crappy secondarys but NJ has the edge on the defensive line. NJ will be coming at Brady hot on 4 man rushes with the trio of Tuck, Umenyiora, and Pierre-Paul. NE has Wilfork and isn't a slouch on the D-line but they're not as good as the Giants.

Fourth, special teams, edge - Giants. That's only based on their return game. Both teams have great kickers and punters.

A lot is being made of Brady and Belichick's revenge but you can blow that smoke out your ass. This is the big game and both coaches are scheming for blood. It's all going to come down to who plays better ball that day and I believe that team will be the New Jersey Football Giants.

Night Train
01-25-2012, 01:03 PM
Eli has 3 good WR's and 2 good TE's. Pats struggle against any team with talent in the passing game.

Giants played better teams the past 2 weeks.

I see the Giants winning.

streetkings01
01-26-2012, 03:17 PM
Eli has 3 good WR's and 2 good TE's. Pats struggle against any team with talent in the passing game.

Giants played better teams the past 2 weeks.

I see the Giants winning.Played better teams? The Ravens smacked the 49ers when they played earlier this year. Matt Ryan is a mediocre QB...........he's Trent Edwards with a little more guts.

SabreEleven
01-27-2012, 11:00 AM
Giants will lose because will be hard to play against the Patriots and the referee's at the same time.