• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Coples,Ingram or Upshaw - 1st Pick

Firm belief that you need stout talent in the Front 7 before moving on to other needs.

I could live with an OT but I really think the Bills lack impact players at DE and OLB.

If these playoffs have shown us anything, it's how talent playing these positions can make a huge impact in a close game.

McShay stating that Coples is the best looking player at the Senior Bowl and giving major props to Ingram & Upshaw.

I watch college ball and all 3 need coaching once reaching the next level...but these guys have so much natural ability against the run and some pass rush moves that it makes it difficult to look past them.

If one of these 3 is our selection, I'll be convinced the Bills may finally be getting it.

Select wisely.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • Pinkerton Security
    Pinkerton's son
    • Feb 2006

Re: Coples,Ingram or Upshaw - 1st Pick

who is ingram?

EDIT: nevermind, got it
    Last edited by Pinkerton Security; 01-24-2012, 01:22 PM.

Comment

• The Jokeman
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Night Train
      Firm belief that you need stout talent in the Front 7 before moving on to other needs.

I could live with an OT but I really think the Bills lack impact players at DE and OLB.

If these playoffs have shown us anything, it's how talent playing these positions can make a huge impact in a close game.

McShay stating that Coples is the best looking player at the Senior Bowl and giving major props to Ingram & Upshaw.

I watch college ball and all 3 need coaching once reaching the next level...but these guys have so much natural ability against the run and some pass rush moves that it makes it difficult to look past them.

If one of these 3 is our selection, I'll be convinced the Bills may finally be getting it.

Select wisely.
      Coples. Trench guys are worth more than anything else on the field. Coples seems like a better athlete than Ingram who I deem as mid to late 1st Round talent. So it really came down to Coples vs Upshaw. Coples is just too good to pass up IMHO. Though doubt he falls out of the top 5 so we'll be stuck with Upshaw, which isn't a bad thing as long as we keep running a 3-4.

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

I'll take Coples no matter what, Upshaw I'll take in the 34, and Ingram I dont want.

For the record McShay also said Kellen Moore is turning heads and that is false he has been the worst QB at practice of any.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• kingJofNYC
          • Sep 2009

Best CB or OT for me. Can't take a guy who's work ethic and motor is often questioned that high.

Comment

• JCBills
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by DraftBoy
            I'll take Coples no matter what, Upshaw I'll take in the 34, and Ingram I dont want.

For the record McShay also said Kellen Moore is turning heads and that is false he has been the worst QB at practice of any.
            Pretty much. People want to ignore scheme differences, but if we're 4-3 I'm saying Coples or Perry. Personally, I'd say Perry just because he's a true RE, whereas Coples could play both, but probably won't yield the same amount of pressure. I'd like to see Carrington back at 285 get a shot at LE so we can see him where he was supposed to be.

Comment

• don137
              • Jul 2002

Coples. Need a pass rush. He could be a very good pick for many years.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                Buffalo Bills Fan
                • Sep 2003

Let's go with past history...Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama.
                Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Ed
                  Dude
                  • Sep 2002

If we are taking a pass rusher with our first pick, I think you can expect a 4-3 DE type with some scheme versatility. Based on what we've heard and the press conference with Buddy Nix, I don't see Upshaw getting as much consideration. Right now I like Coples, Ingram and Perry.

Comment

• JCBills
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by don137
                    Coples. Need a pass rush. He could be a very good pick for many years.
                    24 Sacks over 4 years in the ACC or 21.5 over 3 years in the PAC 10/12? Perry

Also a better fit if we're hybrid.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                      Too sober for this...
                      • Apr 2004

I'd have to go w/Coples. My hopes would be that being next to Kyle (hard working) Williams and Dareus would rub off on him and he'd develop a better work ethic and motivation. Between them 3 and getting someone else to alternate w/Kelsay on the other side, that Dline could change to be a pretty decent one.

Comment

• methos4ever
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by JCBills
                        24 Sacks over 4 years in the ACC or 21.5 over 3 years in the PAC 10/12? Perry

Also a better fit if we're hybrid.
                        Coples could be a pretty mean 5 tech in the right rush scheme on third down 4-3 / 3-4 or not - just have to be creative. Pete Carroll is an upfield 4-3 guy all the way, but added 3-4 principles with a shaded nose and 5 tech the last two years...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mysticsoto
                          I'd have to go w/Coples. My hopes would be that being next to Kyle (hard working) Williams and Dareus would rub off on him and he'd develop a better work ethic and motivation. Between them 3 and getting someone else to alternate w/Kelsay on the other side, that Dline could change to be a pretty decent one.
                          There is no work ethic issue with Coples. That's a baseless message board rumor.
                          COMING SOON...
                          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• mysticsoto
                            Too sober for this...
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                            There is no work ethic issue with Coples. That's a baseless message board rumor.
                            Maybe, but with his physical assets, you'd think he'd be more dominating at the college level than what he is.

I'd still take him...I'm just saying.

But I doubt he'll be there by our pick anyway...

Comment

• JCBills
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by methos4ever
                              Coples could be a pretty mean 5 tech in the right rush scheme on third down 4-3 / 3-4 or not - just have to be creative. Pete Carroll is an upfield 4-3 guy all the way, but added 3-4 principles with a shaded nose and 5 tech the last two years...
                              Right, 3-4 but 5 tech isn't the major need here. Dareus, Williams, and Edwards are a fine down 3. Spencer Johnson and Carrington are decent rotational players. The problem was OLB when they lined up in a 3-4. There literally wasn't anything there all season.

Comment

Working...
                              X