PDA

View Full Version : Jackson / Spiller

jamze132
01-24-2012, 04:43 PM
Couldn't ask for a better problem to address. If we can get a true #1/2 receiver oppostite Johnson (assuming resign), our tandem will provide us with an extrordinary weapon that will be hard to counter.

But remember, the WRs are the key to this puzzle.

sqad5
01-24-2012, 04:55 PM
None of it will really matter..Our play calling is terrible

Borosai
01-24-2012, 10:04 PM
Run the ball more.

Bert102176
01-25-2012, 12:59 AM
I would love to see them trade up for Justin Blackmon, but I think WR and OT is out greatest need in the 1st, I would like a pass rusher through free agency, at DE and OLB imo we need both. would love if we could get the TE from Clemson in the 2nd round, but not sure he will be there could always trade back into the late first for him.

EDS
01-25-2012, 08:07 AM
I want to say having a strong running game is important, but the way things are trending in the NFL right now strong QB play trumps all. Only way to succeed without a top tier QB is to have an outstanding defense.

Bills have neither.

Night Train
01-25-2012, 08:54 AM
I want to say having a strong running game is important, but the way things are trending in the NFL right now strong QB play trumps all. Only way to succeed without a top tier QB is to have an outstanding defense.

Bills have neither.

Build the D first with additions at DE & OLB. Need A LOT of help at those positions. That will keep you in games.

Mr. Miyagi
01-25-2012, 09:36 AM
In QB, if you have 2 QBs then you have no QB. I think Parcells said that.

If you have 2 RBs then you're better than having 1 RB.

EDS
01-25-2012, 12:30 PM
Build the D first with additions at DE & OLB. Need A LOT of help at those positions. That will keep you in games.

Sounds easy but obviously it isn't given the Bills lengthy period of poor play.

Think about this - San Fran did very well this season in large measure due to their stellar defense, which includes a number of true impact players such as Patrick Willis, Justin Smith and, based on early returns, Aldon Smith.

Where are the Bills impact defensive players? Kyle Williams is good but probably not in the same league as those guys. Dareus may be the only one with the potential to be a true game changer. That needs to change. Bills need an impact edge rusher and a talented athletic linebacker in the worst way.

Obviously if they go out and trade for Peyton Manning the defense may take care of itself, but I don't see that happening.

DraftBoy
01-25-2012, 02:04 PM
Until Gailey shows the ability to properly split the carries I dont know that it is a good problem. The issue is both these guys need a decent amount of carries to get going.

We know what Spiller is like when he only gets the ball 1 time every 2-3 drives.

Cali512
01-25-2012, 05:29 PM
What we need to do is get the old Clemson OC for buffalo. He could do wonders and do exactly what we need with Fred and CJ, let Gailey and the new QB coach work on the passing game.