PDA

View Full Version : Realistic expectations for the remainder of this season?

Skooby
01-24-2012, 11:00 PM
Where do you think the Sabres will end up in the conference after this season is over ?

G Wolly
01-24-2012, 11:52 PM
13th

clumping platelets
01-25-2012, 02:52 AM
9th - 3 pts out of playoff spot

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-25-2012, 05:26 AM
Like most Buffalo teams, they will go on a roll and start winning games, they will miss the playoffs, and blow any chance at a top draft pick. They will then tell us all that it was the injuries, the price for trades was too high, and everyone will be retained for next year.

rbochan
01-25-2012, 07:17 AM
They'll finish up well enough for Darcy and Lindy to be retained, so the core will remain intact. And we'll get to hear Terry, Ted, Darcy, Lindy and the players talk about how the team will build on its late season 'surge/success' going into next season.

Sigh.

PTI
01-25-2012, 07:21 AM
I see no way possible the Sabres challenge for a playoff spot, even being 5 points out is a huge way to climb up, especially if there is a team or two sandwiched between wherever 5 points out and 8th place might be with the way 3 point games find their way. Sabres will be in the bottom 5 or 6 in the NHL is my guess.

SabreEleven
01-25-2012, 07:28 AM
I see no way possible the Sabres challenge for a playoff spot, even being 5 points out is a huge way to climb up, especially if there is a team or two sandwiched between wherever 5 points out and 8th place might be with the way 3 point games find their way. Sabres will be in the bottom 5 or 6 in the NHL is my guess.

It's not going to be a challenge per se, more like a tease.

don137
01-25-2012, 08:35 AM
I think they become sellers as the trade deadline approaches. I don't see them righting the ship to even be a .500 team the rest of the way. I see them finishing near the bottom. While I don't think take much to turn it around I do see them rebuilding in the offseason.

chernobylwraiths
01-25-2012, 09:03 AM
I see them at about 500 for the rest of the season and finish around 12th. Darcy will not be fired, but will be kicked out of the GM position to another in the organization (maybe scouting dept.). Lindy will stay and someone from outside the organization will be brought in to be GM. But all if it won't happen till the end of the season. There will be one minor trade before the deadline meaning Stafford, Roy, Hecht, Miller, etc will stay for the remainder of the season (Hecht might retire).

SkateZilla
01-25-2012, 09:05 AM
9th - 3 pts out of playoff spot

+1

trapezeus
01-25-2012, 12:14 PM
they'll have to win 2 in a row and not go to overtime before i worry about them losing thaty 3rd pick in the draft.

Mski
01-25-2012, 01:26 PM
i see them finishing with a top 5 pick in the draft, and a chance for Pegula to "buy" the lotto

SkateZilla
01-25-2012, 02:18 PM
32 Games to make up a 10 point gap...

OpIv37
01-25-2012, 02:25 PM
32 Games to make up a 10 point gap...

Impossible.

Well, not necessarily impossible in terms of the NHL but impossible for this team. They haven't won back-to-back games since November and haven't had a regulation win in their last 6 games. They just suck too bad to even think of making up that kind of gap

Electrici
01-25-2012, 09:44 PM
Sabres make the playoffs!

SabreEleven
01-26-2012, 05:47 AM
Sabres make the playoffs!

Puff Puff Give

JD
01-26-2012, 07:56 AM
10th place finish, though.. I wish we'd just lose out and get the first overall for once.

Then fire, trade, waive, sign.

Cleve
01-26-2012, 10:20 AM
My realistic expectation? Sabres lose more games - a lot more.

No playoffs this year, and no real changes to the team in the future. Regier has the patience/inactivity level of a friggin' sequoia tree. Deadwood like Stafford and Roy keep skating and sauntering around the rink with no butt-chewings or ass-kickings from the coach.

I don't see anything good happening. This team is a lot worse than the Capitols were when they fired their coach.

They must be getting 'tips' from Ralph Wilson Jr. on how to run a team - blackout the games so the fans can't see most of them, keep and promote inept front-office staff, over-pay average and below average players (Blitzpatrick and Queas-say leap to mind), be content with mediocrity and celebrate losing records - LOL

trapezeus
01-26-2012, 11:36 AM
My realistic expectation? Sabres lose more games - a lot more.

No playoffs this year, and no real changes to the team in the future. Regier has the patience/inactivity level of a friggin' sequoia tree. Deadwood like Stafford and Roy keep skating and sauntering around the rink with no butt-chewings or ass-kickings from the coach.

I don't see anything good happening. This team is a lot worse than the Capitols were when they fired their coach.

They must be getting 'tips' from Ralph Wilson Jr. on how to run a team - blackout the games so the fans can't see most of them, keep and promote inept front-office staff, over-pay average and below average players (Blitzpatrick and Queas-say leap to mind), be content with mediocrity and celebrate losing records - LOL

hard to argue against any of this even though i think long term pegula will be a very good owner for us.

it's just frustrating that part of his purchase price for the sabres was to aquire larry quinn's brain.

Fitzpatrick'sbeard
01-26-2012, 08:53 PM
Paul Hamilton: #Sabres source tells him even if they lost every game…Lindy and Darcy will not be fired during this season.
— Jeremy White (@JeremyWGR) January 26, 2012

jamze132
01-27-2012, 06:54 AM
I've already moved onto 2013.