PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Senior Bowl

DraftBoy
01-25-2012, 07:29 AM
http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2012/01/senior-bowl-notes-and-reports/

Notes from Day 1 and 2, Ill keep this going through the week.

DraftBoy
01-25-2012, 12:05 PM
Bills Targets:
http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2012/01/bills-senior-bowl-targets/

Night Train
01-25-2012, 01:22 PM
Bills Targets:

WR Brian Quick is someone the Bills could use, in addition to the obvious candidates on D. With Fitz shorting the ball often, he'll go up and win the jump ball more often than not. 6-3 1/2 222. Shifty open field runner.

We like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh5X0_c1DZo

k-oneputt
01-25-2012, 01:55 PM
Bills Targets:
Are these YOUR Bills targets or are these actually guys you know the Bills are looking at.
Because I see alot of players on that list that you and Russ have been knocking on.

DraftBoy
01-25-2012, 02:01 PM
Are these YOUR Bills targets or are these actually guys you know the Bills are looking at.
Because I see alot of players on that list that you and Russ have been knocking on.

These are people that the Bills should/will be targetting. Some names are from information I've gathered some are from speculation, some are from putting two and two together.

DraftBoy
01-25-2012, 02:01 PM
WR Brian Quick is someone the Bills could use, in addition to the obvious candidates on D. With Fitz shorting the ball often, he'll go up and win the jump ball more often than not. 6-3 1/2 222. Shifty open field runner.

We like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh5X0_c1DZo

Im posting his Scouting Report on the site tonight.

DraftBoy
01-26-2012, 07:35 AM
Day 3 Reports are up!

k-oneputt
01-26-2012, 09:00 AM
These are people that the Bills should/will be targetting. Some names are from information I've gathered some are from speculation, some are from putting two and two together.

I hope that is your specualation.
I don't want the Bills overdrafting alot of those guys you have listed.

DraftBoy
01-26-2012, 09:48 AM
I hope that is your specualation.
I don't want the Bills overdrafting alot of those guys you have listed.
How could they over draft them? I didnt even lost rounds with them.

k-oneputt
01-26-2012, 10:32 AM
I'll add I don't want the Bills drafting alot of those players. If they did they will have to use #10 on a player like Adams, or use the 2nd rd. pick on Curry or D. Jones, whom I want neither, or they could make when of their stupid small school plays in the 3rd rd. on someone like Quick or McCants, or their usually pick from Troy or Penn St.
Those kind of stupid reaches are what I'm talking about.
The good thing is I now beleive Nix will not do that anymore based on this last draft, but he did do it in his first draft.
But things changed when he ****canned all those dumbass scouts and Modrak who loved the "were smarter then you" stupid picks.

DraftBoy
01-26-2012, 10:34 AM
I'll add I don't want the Bills drafting alot of those players. If they did they will have to use #10 on a player like Adams, or use the 2nd rd. pick on Curry or D. Jones, whom I want neither, or they could make when of their stupid small school plays in the 3rd rd. on someone like Quick or McCants, or their usually pick from Troy or Penn St.
Those kind of stupid reaches are what I'm talking about.
The good thing is I now beleive Nix will not do that anymore based on this last draft, but he did do it in his first draft.
But things changed when he ****canned all those dumbass scouts and Modrak who loved the "were smarter then you" stupid picks.

:rofl:

k-oneputt
01-26-2012, 10:43 AM
:rofl:

That's exactly what I've been doing the last ten years, until last years draft, watching these fools try to put together a team and draft players.
I hope those are your guys and not the Bills.

DraftBoy
01-26-2012, 10:58 AM
That's exactly what I've been doing the last ten years, until last years draft, watching these fools try to put together a team and draft players.
I hope those are your guys and not the Bills.

No you'll have to let me explain, its just that you fit the classic example of a draft fan that a guy I know and I were talking about the other night. I've been doing this for over a decade now (and that's not really an accomplishment or bragging) and I've seen some wild ideas/things made up to build a kid up or crush him. Granted I never saw anything like I saw last year with Cam Newton.

However the point remains salient, people have favorites, people need favorites. Its how the world works, they will build up their favorites and crush their non-favorites. There is no gray area.

BBD is extremely difficult for me because I have to listen to the fan side of my brain which I hate doing. Fan by definition is illogical, overly emotional, and often wrong.

I dont pick favorites, I dont pick guys based on where they went to school, who their coach was, or anything like that. Do I have biases? Of course I do, Im more willing than almost anybody to give a FCS or lower kid a shot. But I dont just rank them high to be contrarian despite popular opinion.

My point is this in the end, you can't play the favorite game when you're sitting in a war room. You can't say well I dont like player A, because that's not a reason. You can't make up things about a player to knock him for because that's not really a reason either.

Most of this has nothing to do with you K-one, however if you choose not to examine each prospect individually and strip away the factors you don't like but also don't matter then you're doing yourself a diservice. As much as I honestly hate the article I wrote, its a honest look at who the Bills are, will, and should be looking at.

I dont like every player in that piece, I dont like a majority of them, however its not my job to only write about the players I like or only crush the ones I don't. You'll never know who I like and who I don't like. That's the intent, I try my hardest to not play favorites. I push certain angles because of a number of factors but my favorites rarely if ever come into it.

k-oneputt
01-26-2012, 11:12 AM
Pretty simple for me.

I want players who played at a high level in college who can step in and play. I'm tired of drafting guys who get here and are overwhelmed and they need three years to develop and that's if they even do. Like many players on that list. Some on that list I just don't think are that good to be drafted were we would have to draft them to get them. Ex. Curry at the top of rd .2
This past years draft finally got away from that with Dareus, Williams, and Sheppard.
I'm still waiting to hear from McKelvin, Troup, Carring, Batten, Moats.

I'm hoping the Bills are NOT looking at a lot of those players on that list.

DraftBoy
01-26-2012, 11:14 AM
Pretty simple for me.

I want players who played at a high level in college who can step in and play. I'm tired of drafting guys who get here and are overwhelmed and they need three years to develop and that's if they even do. Like many players on that list. Some on that list I just don't think are that good to be drafted were we would have to draft them to get them. Ex. Curry at the top of rd .2
This past years draft finally got away from that with Dareus, Williams, and Sheppard.

Like I said you want what the classic fans wants and its not realistic.

To your last point, some on the list they have looked at, some they are looking at, some they will be looking at, and some they should be looking at.

Its a mixed bag.

k-oneputt
01-26-2012, 11:24 AM
Like I said you want what the classic fans wants and its not realistic.

To your last point, some on the list they have looked at, some they are looking at, some they will be looking at, and some they should be looking at.

Its a mixed bag.

Call it whatever you like, but this "classic fan" like most here at this site could of and would of drafted better then the "pros" {LOL} that the Bills had doing the job.
Name the exact players on that list that you know of that the Bills have looked at. That's the info I want to know.

DraftBoy
01-26-2012, 11:27 AM
Call it whatever you like, but this "classic fan" like most here at this site could of and would of drafted better then the "pros" {LOL} that the Bills had doing the job.
Name the exact players on that list that you know of that the Bills have looked at. That's the info I want to know.

You could take any team and say that. Hindsight is always 20/20.

You know I won't tell you that. I've told you all Im willing to in this piece. You don't have to like it, but I'm not willing to just divulge information like that.

DraftBoy
01-26-2012, 11:53 AM
Brian Quick Scouting Report:
http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2012/01/wr-brian-quick-scouting-report/

k-oneputt
01-26-2012, 02:05 PM
You could take any team and say that. Hindsight is always 20/20.

You know I won't tell you that. I've told you all Im willing to in this piece. You don't have to like it, but I'm not willing to just divulge information like that.

No, it's not the old 20/20 excuse when it happens every year.

Please, don't make me laugh. Tell me what ? Who the Bills are looking at ?
I heard they are looking at Coples and Upshaw. Just a heads up for you.

tampabay25690
01-26-2012, 03:07 PM
Pretty simple for me.

K One not every player is a instant superstar when drafted.
I think all the guys you listed still can be capable starters or reserve players in the NFL...
Kyle Willams who I think is 1 of are top players blossomed after 3 years in the league.....
Give it time.....

DraftBoy
01-26-2012, 03:31 PM
No, it's not the old 20/20 excuse when it happens every year.

Please, don't make me laugh. Tell me what ? Who the Bills are looking at ?
I heard they are looking at Coples and Upshaw. Just a heads up for you.

No it still is actually. I could call the grass is always greener on the other side, but its the same argument in diffrerent wrapping.

Yes they as well as 31 other teams are looking at Coples and Upshaw. :clap:

k-oneputt
01-26-2012, 08:00 PM
K One not every player is a instant superstar when drafted.
I think all the guys you listed still can be capable starters or reserve players in the NFL...
Kyle Willams who I think is 1 of are top players blossomed after 3 years in the league.....
Give it time.....

Yes he is. What school did he go to again ? And that safety that was a free agent, and that wr who was a free agent, and that tight end we made a o-tackle that we traded and got a pick used on our current center. Got it.
I'm waiting. Let's hope we get something out of that batch of great picks.

k-oneputt
01-26-2012, 08:02 PM
As expected you haven't named me any exact players they are looking at.

DraftBoy
01-26-2012, 08:05 PM
As expected you haven't named me any exact players they are looking at.

Of course it was expected I told you I wasn't going to.

k-oneputt
01-26-2012, 08:08 PM
I hope your Curry's, D. Jones, and other favorites are not in play for our 2nd rd. pick.

DraftBoy
01-27-2012, 07:35 AM
I hope your Curry's, D. Jones, and other favorites are not in play for our 2nd rd. pick.

You have no idea who my favorites are.

k-oneputt
01-27-2012, 07:43 AM
You have no idea who my favorites are.

Any FCS player and any player your buddy Lande is pimping in one of his stupid mock drafts.
That would about cover it.

DraftBoy
01-27-2012, 10:49 AM
Any FCS player and any player your buddy Lande is pimping in one of his stupid mock drafts.
That would about cover it.

Yes you certainly have me pegged...

JCBills
01-28-2012, 03:35 PM
Vinny Curry playing very well so far.

JCBills
01-29-2012, 11:29 AM
Man, talk about the draft class and whatnot has died off here compared to last season.

tampabay25690
01-29-2012, 03:39 PM
Man, talk about the draft class and whatnot has died off here compared to last season.

You are 150% correct.
Kind of boering to be honest...

YardRat
01-29-2012, 04:06 PM
Things have died down in almost all of the forums.

DraftBoy
01-29-2012, 06:03 PM
Its sad and I must agree.

Ed
01-30-2012, 12:06 PM
I think there was more draft talk going on this time last year because of the lockout. There really wasn't anything to talk about in terms of free agency. Plus we had the highest pick that this team has had since taking Bruce Smith #1, which added to all the buzz and excitement.

JCBills
01-30-2012, 01:32 PM
I think there was more draft talk going on this time last year because of the lockout. There really wasn't anything to talk about in terms of free agency. Plus we had the highest pick that this team has had since taking Bruce Smith #1, which added to all the buzz and excitement.

I guess :/

The draft is the only thing I really do on here :P so I'm bored. Sucks because this is a really interesting draft class.

ZAZusmc03
01-31-2012, 01:23 PM
It is kind of dissapointing to not see as much draft talk this time around. I love the draft and college ball, but due to my job and the travel it entails, I was unable to watch much college football this past season. I looked forward to seeing everyones thoughts, but it seems there aren't as many people with knowledgeable opinions this year.

JCBills
01-31-2012, 04:10 PM
It is kind of dissapointing to not see as much draft talk this time around. I love the draft and college ball, but due to my job and the travel it entails, I was unable to watch much college football this past season. I looked forward to seeing everyones thoughts, but it seems there aren't as many people with knowledgeable opinions this year.

Same here. Started a new job in the summer and didn't have the time I usually do to put into film and whatnot.

Ed
01-31-2012, 05:29 PM
I think a lot of the draft talk in the past usually gets heavily fueled by the debate of if we should take a qb or not. With Luck and RGIII not being realistic possibilities and with Fitz getting the big extension it's kind of a non-issue this year. So there's a certain lack of heated debates and interest. You just don't get the same kind of passionate arguments and opinions discussing linemen that you do if you're talking about the possibility of drafting Cam Newton, Gabbert, Tebow, Claussen, etc.

JCBills
02-01-2012, 02:01 PM
I think a lot of the draft talk in the past usually gets heavily fueled by the debate of if we should take a qb or not. With Luck and RGIII not being realistic possibilities and with Fitz getting the big extension it's kind of a non-issue this year. So there's a certain lack of heated debates and interest. You just don't get the same kind of passionate arguments and opinions discussing linemen that you do if you're talking about the possibility of drafting Cam Newton, Gabbert, Tebow, Claussen, etc.

I stayed away from a lot of the Qb talk in recent years because I didn't see them going that route and still managed some quality conversation.

If anything, not talking QBs makes for a better convo, because the ones who are usually range from about 12 to 16 years of age.