PDA

View Full Version : Gailey or Pagano

Cali512
01-25-2012, 05:25 PM
Colts hired Chuck Pagano today, and after reading his resume i laughed out loud. Then i had even more of a chuckle watching how excited Colts fans are. Only once has he been more than a positioning coach and that was this year after taking over for Rex Ryan! Then i flashed back to Gailey, and even Wannstedt when they were hired and how people actually talked bad about the hirings. At the time Gailey had been a HC before and a pretty successfull OC untill the last year in KC. Meanwhile Wanny was one of the best names we could of got, and has built a top 5 pass rush in every year hes coached and there were stilll alot that complained (mainly BBMB) The point of this is how happy Indi fans are about a totally inexpierenced head coach and a scewed good resume of last year (Taking over Rexs' D), and how angry our fans get at actually coaches who have a resume. Maybe we need to start drinking whatever they drink? Its only a state over, we could import it :biggrin:

Bangarang
01-25-2012, 05:35 PM
Chan is 10-22 in 2 seasons as our HC. That is all.

Johnny Bugmenot
01-25-2012, 07:51 PM
At least they made the playoffs every year until last... and are in the position to grab the best QB prospect in over a decade (just as the last best QB prospect in over a decade, which they also have, is nearing the end of his career). They have every right to be excited. Pagano's walking into a fairly easy situation. Yes, the team needs rebuilding, but with that prime draft spot and a legacy, they'll have no problem.

They haven't had the twelve years of no playoffs that has built cynicism into the minds of the few remaining Bills fans left.

Cali512
01-25-2012, 08:24 PM
At least they made the playoffs every year until last... and are in the position to grab the best QB prospect in over a decade (just as the last best QB prospect in over a decade, which they also have, is nearing the end of his career). They have every right to be excited. Pagano's walking into a fairly easy situation. Yes, the team needs rebuilding, but with that prime draft spot and a legacy, they'll have no problem.

They haven't had the twelve years of no playoffs that has built cynicism into the minds of the few remaining Bills fans left.

Easy rebuilding? Wayne, Manning, Saturday, and Mathis are likely to be gone. A new GM, OC, DC. What are you talking bout? Him taking over this team is almost like taking over a team that was just created. So what if they grab Luck, they still have no D, and need more WRs. Dallas Clark is also getting up there

Cali512
01-25-2012, 08:25 PM
Chan is 10-22 in 2 seasons as our HC. That is all.

We were undefeated till Jackson, Wood, Wilson, Merriman, Williams, and Chandler went down so I think that scews it a little. And his first season really does not count bc it was destined to be a mess

Cleve
01-25-2012, 09:05 PM
Merriman - we're lucky he was up in the first place to 'go down' - LOL The guy spends more time on IR then on the field.

TigerJ
01-25-2012, 09:48 PM
I support Gailey as coach, but I think he's starting to run out of time. I believe he has to have a winning season in 2012, or the team will be unable to sell tickets. It already started this past season, but it will get worse.

As far as Pagano is concerned, I don't know much about him. He clearly doesn't have a great deal of experience, but some people just have a gift for coaching. Maybe he'll dive right in and do a terrific job. I believe he has a daunting task to rebuild the Colts franchise. It's true, they have the first pick in the draft and Andrew Luck may be the best QB to come out of college since 1983, but the Colts have become an old team. A lot of their players who were elite at one time are now well past their football prime and they are saddled with big contracts with players who can no longer perform in ways that justify the money they are costing.

Cali512
01-25-2012, 10:02 PM
I support Gailey as coach, but I think he's starting to run out of time. I believe he has to have a winning season in 2012, or the team will be unable to sell tickets. It already started this past season, but it will get worse.

As far as Pagano is concerned, I don't know much about him. He clearly doesn't have a great deal of experience, but some people just have a gift for coaching. Maybe he'll dive right in and do a terrific job. I believe he has a daunting task to rebuild the Colts franchise. It's true, they have the first pick in the draft and Andrew Luck may be the best QB to come out of college since 1983, but the Colts have become an old team. A lot of their players who were elite at one time are now well past their football prime and they are saddled with big contracts with players who can no longer perform in ways that justify the money they are costing.

Buddy Nix and Gailey both said that this will be a 3 year plan. They said look for improvement but it will take 3 years for it to be were they want it. Its been 3 years. Its time to show what they can do. But i cant say his times running out when hes done actually a very good job at making our team at least look like an NFL team. Hes pretty much in Obamas after Bush. Gailey- Jauron

Cali512
01-25-2012, 10:04 PM
Merriman - we're lucky he was up in the first place to 'go down' - LOL The guy spends more time on IR then on the field.

The thing is he is a leader. As much as he doesnt do much on the field, he did a great job at making our team pumped and wanting to fight. Sometimes that does mean alot to the team.

THRILLHO
01-25-2012, 10:40 PM
Buddy Nix and Gailey both said that this will be a 3 year plan. They said look for improvement but it will take 3 years for it to be were they want it. Its been 3 years. Its time to show what they can do. But i cant say his times running out when hes done actually a very good job at making our team at least look like an NFL team. Hes pretty much in Obamas after Bush. Gailey- Jauron

Its been two years.

Cali512
01-25-2012, 10:42 PM
Its been two years.

I meant to say its approaching 3 years, and thank you so much for adding irrelevance to a post by pointing out a typo.

Mr. Pink
01-26-2012, 07:43 AM
An unknown is greater than a failure. I'd rather have Pagano right now than Gailey.

hemi13
01-26-2012, 09:10 AM

We have been a s#@t team for 12 years because? Oh yeah, IT'S BUSHES FAULT.
You libs make me sick.

"LIBERALISM IS A MENTAL DISORDER"

TigerJ
01-26-2012, 10:34 AM

I don't disagree that there has been a process in place. I'm not crazy about the analogy, but that's in issue for the Bufftp Spin Zone. We are moving into the third year. Gailey and Nix have had the reins of the team since January 2010. Fans however, have suffered through more than a decade of mediocrity. Their collective patience is at a low ebb right now. 4-12 was painful. The Bills started out like gang busters in the season just completed, but the way the season ended left a pretty sour tast in our mouths. I don't know that the Bills will make the playoffs this coming season, but I don't think fans would be unreasonable to expect at least three more wins in 2012. Buddy Nix, who talked about a 3 year rebuilding, also has said he expects the Bills to make a significant jump in the coming season.

Luisito23
01-26-2012, 11:05 AM
I vote "neither"

justasportsfan
01-26-2012, 11:26 AM
An unknown is greater than a failure.
says the last living Jauron fan. :snicker:

Night Train
01-26-2012, 11:41 AM
Gailey, Nix or anyone else will continue to fight an uphill battle, as long as Ralph and his beancounters run this team.

Lets blame the right people.

Lone Stranger
01-26-2012, 12:01 PM
I don't disagree that there has been a process in place. I'm not crazy about the analogy, but that's in issue for the Bufftp Spin Zone. We are moving into the third year. Gailey and Nix have had the reins of the team since January 2010. Fans however, have suffered through more than a decade of mediocrity. Their collective patience is at a low ebb right now. 4-12 was painful. The Bills started out like gang busters in the season just completed, but the way the season ended left a pretty sour tast in our mouths. I don't know that the Bills will make the playoffs this coming season, but I don't think fans would be unreasonable to expect at least three more wins in 2012. Buddy Nix, who talked about a 3 year rebuilding, also has said he expects the Bills to make a significant jump in the coming season.

I believe you've hit it right on the head.

JCBills
01-26-2012, 12:04 PM

LOL @ Obama comment.

Obama has racked up more debt than most previous presidents combined. How is this Bush's fault?

hemi13
01-26-2012, 12:48 PM
LOL @ Obama comment.

Obama has racked up more debt than most previous presidents combined. How is this Bush's fault?

HERE,HERE !!!

Cali512
01-26-2012, 01:31 PM
We have been a s#@t team for 12 years because? Oh yeah, IT'S BUSHES FAULT.
You libs make me sick.

Are you retarted? What in the **** does this have to do with anything

Cali512
01-26-2012, 01:37 PM
LOL @ Obama comment.

What the **** are you talking about? I said Bush ****ed up and Obama came in having to fix it. Did i say he did? No! Bush messed up big time and even republicans new that, I said nothing bout Obama doing anything good. Jauron set our team back a few years, Gailey had to pretty much fix his wrongs and then start off what he wanted to do. Bush messed up, Obamas job was to fix it and do what he wanted. Wow im independent when it comes to politics, but i honestly have never ever met a smart republican.

better days
01-26-2012, 01:40 PM
Easy rebuilding? Wayne, Manning, Saturday, and Mathis are likely to be gone. A new GM, OC, DC. What are you talking bout? Him taking over this team is almost like taking over a team that was just created. So what if they grab Luck, they still have no D, and need more WRs. Dallas Clark is also getting up there

And they no longer have Bill Polian running the ship. Their new GM has no experience. Both he & Pagano may be good hires, but it is just as likely they will both SUCK.

Cali512
01-26-2012, 01:44 PM
And they no longer have Bill Polian running the ship. Their new GM has no experience. Both he & Pagano may be good hires, but it is just as likely they will both SUCK.

I dont get how Pagano is getting them excited. Hes been more than a positional coach 1 time EVER (side from one year in college) and he took over for a year of Rex Ryans defense. Hes also was a defensive back coach for a few years when every year there biggest needs where CB and SS. So i dont get how hes a good coach at all

JCBills
01-26-2012, 02:10 PM
What the **** are you talking about? I said Bush ****ed up and Obama came in having to fix it. Did i say he did? No! Bush messed up big time and even republicans new that, I said nothing bout Obama doing anything good. Jauron set our team back a few years, Gailey had to pretty much fix his wrongs and then start off what he wanted to do. Bush messed up, Obamas job was to fix it and do what he wanted. Wow im independent when it comes to politics, but i honestly have never ever met a smart republican.

When did I say I was a Republican?

Your wording was indicative of trying to improve on a predecessor. Obama hasn't even tried.

I also love how that model is applied only to Obama and no other president as well. All the comedy aside, laying it on an individual is simply ignorant.

streetkings01
01-26-2012, 03:10 PM
An unknown is greater than a failure. I'd rather have Pagano right now than Gailey.I agree with this...........it's like would you rather have Alex Smith or Blaine Gabbert.......wait?!?!?

streetkings01
01-26-2012, 03:12 PM
Besides Rex and Marvin Lewis............who was the last DC to leave Baltimore and have success as a HC? Rex won his 1st 2 seasons basically with Mangini's players.

DynaPaul
01-27-2012, 11:45 AM

So is Conservatism.

Mr. Pink
01-27-2012, 06:17 PM
I agree with this...........it's like would you rather have Alex Smith or Blaine Gabbert.......wait?!?!?

Maybe we should have stuck with Trent Edwards then based on this logic. Or kept Gregg Williams as HC!

I know, I know...if JP was still a Bill he would be in the running for MVP right?

Cleve
01-28-2012, 01:35 PM
Why the heck isn't "None of the Above" included as a choice? What's next? A poll asking which we prefer... syphilis or gonorrhea? LOL