X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThunderGun
    • Dec 2011

Report: Dolphin's #1 priority is to get Peyton Manning

A Dolphins source tells the Miami Herald that the team's offseason priority is to acquire Peyton Manning.

It makes us wonder if the Colts might pay Manning's March 8 roster bonus and try to swing him to the Dolphins in a trade. Per the Herald, the Dolphins have not even shown preliminary interest in free agent Matt Flynn. The Fins apparently believe they have a roster ready to compete for Super Bowls after the addition of a franchise quarterback. Even if it's only a quick fix.

Source: Miami Herald

Wtf......Brady and Manning twice a year? This better not happen.
  • B-DON
    hi
    • Mar 2004

Re: Report: Dolphin's #1 priority is to get Peyton Manning

Thank God the dolphins blow and manning more than likely will want nothing to do with them. No way colts keep him and pay the 28 mil and then trade him. I heard a reporter say if that scenario happens, the colts take like a 38 million dollar cap hit next year. Not sure if that's 100 percent true but no way the colts trade him IMO

Comment

• ThunderGun
      • Dec 2011

I don't think they'll trade him. I bet the Colts cut him, and all the QB-needy teams (except for us, of course) go after him.

Comment

• Goobylal
        • Jan 2004

Manning probably won't even be able to play in 2012. Forget him.

Comment

• mrbojanglezs
          • Jan 2010

I hope the dolphins trade 2 first round picks for him and then manning retires a year later

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
            Will not tolerate vandalism.
            • Apr 2006

They also said that about a big-name head coach. They ended up with a coordinator.

I don't think even Buffalo could mangle a coaching search that bad.

I have zero faith in Miami actually being able to lure Manning.

Comment

• Jaydog57
              Pretty cool for a Fin Fan.
              • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Johnny Bugmenot
              They also said that about a big-name head coach. They ended up with a coordinator.

I don't think even Buffalo could mangle a coaching search that bad.

I have zero faith in Miami actually being able to lure Manning.
              Generally every head coach started out as a coordinator waiting for his shot. I just hope this guy makes the most of his opportunity.

I'm not too concerned with getting Manning. With him turning 36 this year, he's only got a couple more years left in the tank.
              "There ought to be a room in every house to swear in. It's dangerous to have to repress an emotion like that." - Mark Twain

Comment

• TrEd FTW
                • Sep 2008

lol. Good luck with that, Miami.

Comment

• TigerJ
                  • Jul 2002

Manning said a long time ago that he wanted to spend his entire career with one team. I think that if the Colts make it clear to him that he's done as a Colt, his strong inclination will be to retire. Miami would have to do one terrific sales pitch to change his mind. I'm not expecting they'll be successful.
                  I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Mike13
                    • Aug 2005

Miami is actually the best option out of all the QB needy teams.

And the fear in this thread amuses me.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                      • May 2009

I don't think anyone is going to see Peyton Manning play another game of professional football.

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
                        • Oct 2002

If Manning was physically able to play, I think Miami is his best spot. Dont see him signing with Washington (would need to be traded for the Redskins to have him). Heard Arizona brought up, but don't see that since they went out and got Kolb. I think the Jets would be Miami's only true competition. My dark horse team would be the Ravens. With Flacco getting a lot of heat and Lewis and Reed getting up in age, Ravens could snag him and hope its enough to get a last push to the SB.

Of course thats even if Manning can play and is willing to play for another team.

Comment

• Cali512
                          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by BADTHINGSMAN
                          If Manning was physically able to play, I think Miami is his best spot. Dont see him signing with Washington (would need to be traded for the Redskins to have him). Heard Arizona brought up, but don't see that since they went out and got Kolb. I think the Jets would be Miami's only true competition. My dark horse team would be the Ravens. With Flacco getting a lot of heat and Lewis and Reed getting up in age, Ravens could snag him and hope its enough to get a last push to the SB.

Of course thats even if Manning can play and is willing to play for another team.

What they should do is package deal the 1st overall pick with Manning and get another teams entire draft for the next 2 years!
                          Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• Cali512
                            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts
                            I don't think anyone is going to see Peyton Manning play another game of professional football.

Idc how good Luck is, if your going to start him ahead of Manning, thats stupid. I understand that Luck is also the reincarnation of jesus, but still. Manning is a HOFer and hasnt lost a step since he came in the NFL. If he looks like his injury is severly effecting him by week 5, put Luck in, but why in the hell put a rookie in front of a HOFer. Its just not logical, and now i feel like im on the indi message boards lol
                            Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
                              • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Cali512
                              Idc how good Luck is, if your going to start him ahead of Manning, thats stupid. I understand that Luck is also the reincarnation of jesus, but still. Manning is a HOFer and hasnt lost a step since he came in the NFL. If he looks like his injury is severly effecting him by week 5, put Luck in, but why in the hell put a rookie in front of a HOFer. Its just not logical, and now i feel like im on the indi message boards lol
                              I think Hurkey was talking more about his medical condition rather then starting Luck over Manning.

Personally I think Manning is done as a Colt. New GM and Coach with No. 1 overall pick and a stud QB in the draft. If Indy is indeed rebuilding then do so with Luck over Manning.

Comment

Working...
                              X