PDA

View Full Version : Bills QB Fitzpatrick suggests team wasn't ready to be successful

BLeonard
01-25-2012, 05:51 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82650f2f/article/bills-qb-fitzpatrick-suggests-team-wasnt-ready-to-be-successful?module=HP11_headline_stack

Looking back on the Buffalo Bills' seventh straight losing season, quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick suggested on Wednesday that his team faltered because it couldn't handle the success of a 5-2 start.

"I guess we weren't ready for it yet," Fitzpatrick said in an interview on Sirius XM NFL Radio. "We weren't ready to be able to accept the fact that we were playing well and playing as the team that was on the top (of the AFC East)."

But, he was ready to cash those bigger paychecks, wasn't he?

-Bill

THRILLHO
01-25-2012, 06:02 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82650f2f/article/bills-qb-fitzpatrick-suggests-team-wasnt-ready-to-be-successful?module=HP11_headline_stack

-Bill

So somebody puts a big fat contract in front of you and you don't sign it because you aren't sure how well you are going to play, or how well the team around you is going to play? Blame Fitzpatrick for his play, but don't blame him because he was offered a lot of money and he took it. You'd do the same. We all would.

BLeonard
01-25-2012, 06:10 PM
So somebody puts a big fat contract in front of you and you don't sign it because you aren't sure how well you are going to play, or how well the team around you is going to play? Blame Fitzpatrick for his play, but don't blame him because he was offered a lot of money and he took it. You'd do the same. We all would.

My guess is, he was offered the contract because of what he had been doing and was expected to keep doing that. You think he would have gotten the same deal if the extension didn't come until after the end of the season?

This is the QB, the LEADER of your team saying that they weren't ready to be successful. What kind of leader says that?

I'm not a Fitz basher by any means, but this statement by him sounds terrible. He's been in the league for 7 years and got a $59 million deal... If he's not ready now, when the hell is he gonna be?

-Bill

THRILLHO
01-25-2012, 06:37 PM
My guess is, he was offered the contract because of what he had been doing and was expected to keep doing that. You think he would have gotten the same deal if the extension didn't come until after the end of the season?

This is the QB, the LEADER of your team saying that they weren't ready to be successful. What kind of leader says that?

I'm not a Fitz basher by any means, but this statement by him sounds terrible. He's been in the league for 7 years and got a $59 million deal... If he's not ready now, when the hell is he gonna be?

-Bill

He said nothing about the team coming up however. He is just speaking about what he saw in the last season. And he is right. Ill let his actions determine what kind of leader he is. Another season like this last one and it will be obvious he is not the leader he is being paid to be.

Skooby
01-25-2012, 06:59 PM
Loser attitude.

Cali512
01-25-2012, 08:27 PM
Wow people look to much into this. Hes saying were young and have alot of in expierenced players. Hes saying that the expectations got to us, and the youth of our team hurt us. It happens, now with this year under our belt next year we will know to still remain level headed even if we go 7-0

Extremebillsfan247
01-25-2012, 09:02 PM

-Bill He would have probably played better with a healthy Oline, and receivers that didn't play like they were still in collegiate ball. But, that's my opinion.

Cali512
01-25-2012, 10:07 PM
He would have probably played better with a healthy Oline, and receivers that didn't play like they were still in collegiate ball. But, that's my opinion.

And a good defense and 2 of his 3 main weapons in Chandler and Jackson. Chandlers loss certanly hurt in the read zone, and Jacksons loss hurt the other 95 yards.

BertSquirtgum
01-25-2012, 10:29 PM
Fitzputrid sucks, I can't wait to watch another year of suck. Hopefully eric wood will be back in time and be 100% healthy.

Cali512
01-25-2012, 10:49 PM
Fitzputrid sucks, I can't wait to watch another year of suck. Hopefully eric wood will be back in time and be 100% healthy.

Wow, the man was in the top 5 in the NFL untill all our players went down. How does that equivlant to sucking? Now he will never be a Manning, Brees, or Brady, but with weapons around him he could be equivlant to a Matt Hasselback/Jake Plummer. He will never be a HOFer, but he he does use his weapons when he has them well, and will be a top 10 QB this year I can guarentee it. Whats funny is we all act like we know everything, and yet everywhere i read bout the bills, they say what a good QB in Fitzpatrick and a healthy team we should look out for us next year. Meanwhile here we are *****in bout everything when honestly half of us dont have a clue. Now im not one to usually agree with the experts, but they have to see something right? I mean apparently we did impress alot last year and alot of analyst and "experts" do think Fitzpatrick isnt as bad as some of u like to think.

YardRat
01-26-2012, 05:24 AM

-Bill

If some bigger paychecks are spent on OT and defense and if we ever get a real DC the results may start to be different. Otherwise his comments are dead on regardless of what his contract is.

Pinkerton Security
01-26-2012, 07:24 AM

-Bill

What the hell are you talking about?? As someone else said, you're very obviously bored and reading too much into his quote.

better days
01-26-2012, 07:46 AM
If some bigger paychecks are spent on OT and defense and if we ever get a real DC the results may start to be different. Otherwise his comments are dead on regardless of what his contract is.

Well, the Bills did fire Edwards & hire Wannstedt as DC. He has had pretty good success in the past as a DC.

Mr. Pink
01-26-2012, 07:55 AM
Just another guy who fleeced this franchise for a big pay day and instead of getting better or even maintaining the level he was at decided laughing all the way to the bank was the better way to go.

Cali512
01-26-2012, 01:42 PM
Just another guy who fleeced this franchise for a big pay day and instead of getting better or even maintaining the level he was at decided laughing all the way to the bank was the better way to go.

Or because half our plays got thrown away because our red zone threat and main playmaker on offense got injured shortly after that. Just a thought.....

McBFLO
01-26-2012, 03:26 PM

-Bill
Worst poster on this board, after the takes I'm seeing out of you lately.

BLeonard
01-26-2012, 04:00 PM
Worst poster on this board, after the takes I'm seeing out of you lately.

Sorry if I don't have my glass of Kool-Aid drank and my pom poms up when the QB of my favorite PROFESSIONAL football team says the team wasn't ready to be successful.

Professionals are supposed to EXPECT to be successful. When's the last time you heard Tom Brady, Peyton Manning or Aaron Rodgers say that their team "wasn't ready to be successful?"

With that sort of statement, why should I think that, all of a sudden, next season, they'll expect to be successful? If they don't expect to be successful, they shouldn't be in the NFL, period.

-Bill

imbondz
01-26-2012, 06:26 PM
that makes no sense to me. I hope its just him trying to figure out what happened and talking out loud. I was an athlete in high school and college and would never have not been ready to win, or not be expecting to be in first place.

Mr. Pink
01-26-2012, 07:01 PM
Or because half our plays got thrown away because our red zone threat and main playmaker on offense got injured shortly after that. Just a thought.....

Excuses, excuses, excuses.

Does anyone on this team ever have any accountability for their own crappy play? EVER?!?

YardRat
01-26-2012, 07:37 PM
Well, the Bills did fire Edwards & hire Wannstedt as DC. He has had pretty good success in the past as a DC.

Meh, we'll just have to agree to disagree. Never was impressed with Wanny, his defenses were never that great, and he's been a DC a grand total of one year in the last twenty. Not much more than a lateral move IMO.

SabreEleven
01-27-2012, 10:57 AM

so if our red zone threat and main playmaker wasn't injured, he wouldn't have missed all those wide open receivers?

Cali512
01-28-2012, 04:18 PM
They wouldnt of needed to worry bout the run and just focus on the pass

Mad Max
01-29-2012, 10:38 PM

Respectfully, **** that.

The Buffalo Bills are #39 on the list of the World's 50 most valuable sports franchises. That's pretty ****en good.

They are hugely successful financially, so NOBODY is fleecing this team. The only people getting fleeced are us idiots that continually support this team year in and year out through one glaringly stupid move/ hire/ draft pick after another.

Ralph Wilson is solely to blame. He is the one doing the fleecing.

Mr. Pink
01-30-2012, 08:51 AM
Respectfully, **** that.

The Buffalo Bills are #39 on the list of the World's 50 most valuable sports franchises. That's pretty ****en good.

They are hugely successful financially, so NOBODY is fleecing this team. The only people getting fleeced are us idiots that continually support this team year in and year out through one glaringly stupid move/ hire/ draft pick after another.

Ralph Wilson is solely to blame. He is the one doing the fleecing.

Definitely Ralphy too. But seriously, who's the last big name or big money FA or homegrown guy we signed to big money who ended up being worth a damn?

London Fletcher?

Mski
01-31-2012, 07:34 PM
Definitely Ralphy too. But seriously, who's the last big name or big money FA or homegrown guy we signed to big money who ended up being worth a damn?

London Fletcher?spikes, milloy, spielman

Mr. Pink
02-01-2012, 11:33 AM
spikes, milloy, spielman

Ok Spikes and Milloy were 03...Fletcher 02. Spielman was in the 90s.

Anyone know anybody we've signed or resigned to big money since 03 that was worth a damn? Serious question.