PDA

View Full Version : Top College teams for 2012 recruits

tampabay25690
01-25-2012, 07:34 PM
Well signing day is just around the corner.
Here is a the up to date schools and how they are doing in the recruiting trail....

As of today the SEC has 9 out of the top 25 teams in the country.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/teamrank/2012/all/all

k-oneputt
01-31-2012, 07:59 AM
Alabama has five 4-star lb's coming in.

That defense just keeps reloading.

SaviorEdwards
01-31-2012, 11:25 AM
Urban Meyer got after it. After the Michigan game we were ranked #14 and #19 on Scout and Rivals and now he has bumped us up considerably. Good luck Big Ten because this is only the beginning, his 2013 class is going to be even stronger from the start he already has going :pimped:

k-oneputt
01-31-2012, 01:04 PM
Yep, the rest of the Big-10 is in for an ass kicking by Urban.

tampabay25690
01-31-2012, 02:50 PM
Yep, the rest of the Big-10 is in for an ass kicking by Urban.

You have to think Ohio St got all the talent up there already and now with Urban is running the show.....Will get better and better for Ohio St.....

SaviorEdwards
02-01-2012, 10:35 PM
I wonder where Diggs ends up.

k-oneputt
02-02-2012, 07:37 AM

Probably with Urban at Ohio St.

tampabay25690
02-02-2012, 07:58 AM

Its looking like Florida....

I dont think Ohio St, but I did just hear that Urban Myer was suppose to hand 1 more scholarship out and he said we need to save it. That is for Diggs if he decides to go there.

Diggs had a great meeting and visit with Florida.
They told he would play from day 1 and return punts.

Ohio St his visit was very short there 1/2 day and that was it, but his mom did attend....

This weekend he ends up at Maryland his hometown state, then after that he will announce on the 10th.

Being a FL fan from what Im hearing it's Florida's to lose........

tampabay25690
02-02-2012, 07:59 AM
8 teams in the SEC are in the top 25 of recruiting this year....

Bama #1 and FL #4

k-oneputt
02-02-2012, 08:17 AM

Bama #1 and FL #4

The train keeps on rolling. How many in a row is it ? I lost count.
Maybe Barkley can end it, or Oklahoma with Jones, or Fla. St. in the next couple of years, Texas will be back, and Ohio St. is gonna be back too.

SaviorEdwards
02-02-2012, 08:34 AM
Probably with Urban at Ohio St.

I hope so. It looks like we may have lost Neal because Meyer let it slip in an interview that he was part of the class. I have heard it would have been some sort of violation if he would have signed after that comment by Meyer.

I appreciate his honesty, he said on a local interview that our WRs are no where close to where we need to be when speed is concerned at the wideout.

SaviorEdwards
02-02-2012, 08:36 AM

Bama #1 and FL #4

Yeah its pretty amazing to say the least.

tampabay25690
02-02-2012, 08:43 AM
The train keeps on rolling. How many in a row is it ? I lost count.
Maybe Barkley can end it, or Oklahoma with Jones, or Fla. St. in the next couple of years, Texas will be back, and Ohio St. is gonna be back too.

SEC is still going to be tuff.
If you look at how they recruit, its all about the speed and size up front.
If you look around the country the DL guys especially in the SEC have dominated every conference in the NCAA....
Look at yesterday the top 10 schoolds went after DL, most coming out of the SOUTH.....
That is the HUGE difference right now between the SEC and other conferences.
Lets face it you can have an average QB in the SEC and win all day....

Example Pac 12 have good QB's but can't compete when it comes to OVERALL speed of the game.

You talk about FSU, Jimbo is turning out to be the Ron Zook in recruiting. Great recruiter but a crappy coach......

Last year he had a great team and finished what in the ACC......
Not realyy worried about them, they had there 1 year to try and steal everyone from the Gators.....

Ohio ST will be back the quickest just becasue of the fact they have a young mobile QB working Urban Myers spread system. This will take the Big Ten schools a few years to adjust.....

tampabay25690
02-02-2012, 08:44 AM
Yeah its pretty amazing to say the least.

Instead on National signing day it should just be the SOUTH signing day......
Pretty much all the guys that were on were from the South.....

tampabay25690
02-02-2012, 08:45 AM
Alabama has five 4-star lb's coming in.

That defense just keeps reloading.

Yea they will be set for many years.....
#1 safety as well

SaviorEdwards
02-02-2012, 09:31 AM
This didn't take long...Bielema is already butthurt

Wisconsin’s Bielema Questions Urban Meyer’s Recruiting
February 1, 2012 5:44 PM
Share this 42
12 comments
Urban Meyer. (Photo by Jamie Sabau/Getty Images)

Reporting Adam Hoge
Filed Under

College, Sports, Syndicated Sports
Related Tags

2012 Signing Day, Adam Hoge, Bret Bielema, Ohio State Buckyes, Urban Meyer, Wisconsin Badgers
Don't Miss This

Oscar Nominees

Golden Globes 2012

2011's Notable Deaths

Hottest Celebs With Babies

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
By Adam Hoge-

(CBS) Urban Meyer has Bret Bielema’s attention.

The Wisconsin head coach was asked Wednesday if he thought Meyer would change recruiting in the Big Ten and Bielema offered up a lot more than a simple answer.

“I hope it doesn’t change. I think the potential for change is there,” Bielema said. “There are a few things that happened early on that I made people aware of that I didn’t want to see in this league, that I had seen take place in other leagues. Other recruiting tactics, other recruiting practices that are illegal.

“I was very up front and was very pointed to the fact, actually reached out to Coach Meyer and shared my thoughts and concerns with him. The situation got rectified.”

Obviously avoiding specifics, Bielema clearly isn’t 100 percent happy with Meyer’s tactics at Ohio State, where he put together a top five recruiting class in just a couple of months.

If there is a specific recruit in question it is offensive lineman Kyle Dodson who was committed to Wisconsin before Meyer was hired at Ohio State. Rumors of Dodson, an Ohio native, switching to the Buckeyes started almost immediately upon Meyer’s arrival in Columbus.

Usually not one to talk about recruits that got away, Bielema opened up about the Dodson situation.

“One of things that happened when Kyle came aboard, I basically said to our staff at the time, ‘Ohio State is going to have transition and we have to be prepared for when that happens and we can be strong’ and we were to the end,” Bielema said. “When Kyle reached out to us this afternoon he talked about staying close to home. He’s a kid who lives with his grandmother and grandmother only. You can’t fault a kid for that.”

This isn’t the first time Bielema has publicly objected to another program’s recruiting techniques. Last year, without naming names, Bielema voiced displeasure about the way another school was recruiting. At the time, the Wisconsin head coach was in a heated battle for quarterback Jacoby Brissett, who later committed to Florida, a school that hadn’t really been in the picture until Charlie Weis joined the Gators staff as offensive coordinator.

In the midst of answering the question about Meyer Wednesday, Bielema went off on a tangent about a job offer he received in a different conference when he was an assistant at Wisconsin under Barry Alvarez. He didn’t name the school or the head coach that was trying to hire him, but he said while that coach was trying to recruit him, he told Bielema: “You know what the difference between the Big Ten and this conference is? In the Big Ten everybody tells on everybody, in our conference nobody tells on anybody.”

Bielema didn’t take the job.

“That (was) a huge comment to me,” he said about the unnamed coach. “I’ve been very cognizant of that. I encourage our coaches to play by the books, to do things in a certain way. If you have to lie, cheat and steal to get someone here, it doesn’t make a great point once you get them here about how you need to handle them.

“Our league is based on certain values that we’re going to hold to be true and if you don’t hold those to be true, you are going to be held accountable.”

Consider that a message sent in the direction of Columbus, Ohio.

The question now is, does Bret Bielema have Urban Meyer’s attention?

For more college football coverage throughout the year, follow Adam on Twitter (@AdamHogeCBS).

k-oneputt
02-02-2012, 10:07 AM
Bielema had better get used to it and quickly because Meyer isn't about to slow down . He will build a Big 10 dynasty and the others better get in step.

SaviorEdwards
02-02-2012, 10:43 AM
Bielema had better get used to it and quickly because Meyer isn't about to slow down . He will build a Big 10 dynasty and the others better get in step.

The Big 10 is pathetic with coaches who whine. I expect others to follow Bielema, Dantonio is another who has publicly complained.

Meanwhile:

#4 tOSU
#5 Michigan
#25 Nebraska
#35 Purdue
#39 MSU
#41 Iowa
#50 Penn State

#1 Bama
#3 UF
#11 Georgia
#12 Auburn
#15 Texas A & M
#17 LSU
#18 Tennessee
#19 South Carolina
#30 Miss St.
#32 Arkansas
#44 Mississippi

k-oneputt
02-02-2012, 10:54 AM
He will have OSU in the top ten every year for recruitung and probably top five more times then not.

tampabay25690
02-03-2012, 09:04 AM
The Big 10 is pathetic with coaches who whine. I expect others to follow Bielema, Dantonio is another who has publicly complained.

Meanwhile:

#4 tOSU
#5 Michigan
#25 Nebraska
#35 Purdue
#39 MSU
#41 Iowa
#50 Penn State

#1 Bama
#3 UF
#11 Georgia
#12 Auburn
#15 Texas A & M
#17 LSU
#18 Tennessee
#19 South Carolina
#30 Miss St.
#32 Arkansas
#44 Mississippi

Its becasue the BIG TEN has never had a coach that actually has BALLS....
Urban will take all the recruits if these guys dont quit there whining....

tampabay25690
02-03-2012, 09:05 AM
He will have OSU in the top ten every year for recruitung and probably top five more times then not.

Of course he will...
Look what he has to compete against???

Its not like down South..
He had to go against FSU, BAMA, MIAMI, SC, AUBURN, etc.....

Ohio St goes up in the North Vs Notre Dame pretty much....