• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

It's a QB based league now & the better your QB is, the better your team

I'm all for upgrading the pass rush & creating pressure on opposing QB's but Fitz is not a franchise guy. We paid him in a rush & he obviously hasn't performed. That money needs to be spent on a different position & we need to cut bait.

The Bills need to get a young guy to build a team around that will be here for the long haul, move up in the draft for either RGIII or Luck & let's start building for the future.

Go Bills
  • Joe Fo Sho
    Making Spirits Bright
    • Mar 2006

Re: It's a QB based league now & the better your QB is, the better your team

It's just that easy, huh?

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown
      I'm all for upgrading the pass rush & creating pressure on opposing QB's but Fitz is not a franchise guy. We paid him in a rush & he obviously hasn't performed. That money needs to be spent on a different position & we need to cut bait.

The Bills need to get a young guy to build a team around that will be here for the long haul, move up in the draft for either RGIII or Luck & let's start building for the future.

Go Bills
      So much easier said than done. It is much easier to move up from #4 to #2 than it is from #10 to #2. And forget about #1. The Colts will draft Luck without question.

Comment

• Cali512
        • Jan 2012

I do like Fitz, but if we could get a clear clear upgrade i would. But with everything that WILL be available, Fitz is our guy. As much as you hate it, with a good team around him, he will be good, and he has proved so.
        Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• EricStratton
          • Jul 2002

move up in the draft for either RGIII or Luck & let's start building for the future.

Go Bills

You should email this post to the Bills front office, I bet they didn't know the Colts were willing to deal the top pick.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
            Skoobasaurus-Rex
            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by EricStratton
            You should email this post to the Bills front office, I bet they didn't know the Colts were willing to deal the top pick.
            Notice how I had a few choices on there at QB, not just the top pick. There is rumors that the 2nd pick in the draft is up to be taken, so one of those guys should be available. I appreciate the smart*** comment though, it's pretty witty.

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

Notice how I had a few choices on there at QB, not just the top pick. There is rumors that the 2nd pick in the draft is up to be taken, so one of those guys should be available. I appreciate the smart*** comment though, it's pretty witty.
              Well, you didn't really have a few, you had TWO. And of the two, Luck is sure to go #1 to the Colts, that leaves RGIII. Like I said it would be very hard & the Bills would have to give up a LOT to move up to #2 for a QB prospect that may be great, but also may turn out to be mediocre.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by better days
                Well, you didn't really have a few, you had TWO. And of the two, Luck is sure to go #1 to the Colts, that leaves RGIII. Like I said it would be very hard & the Bills would have to give up a LOT to move up to #2 for a QB prospect that may be great, but also may turn out to be mediocre.
                The franchise comes first when discussing franchise QBs. Build a team that can win inspite of the QB and then when you "unearth" a franchise QB you have a chance to win every week.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                  Skoobasaurus-Rex
                  • Oct 2011

Originally posted by better days
                  2 picks when the 2nd pick looks to be available covers the base, so it's accurate. Technically speaking, our team needs a huge spark. Who here can't wait to buy season tickets for December games with our current roster ?
                  Last edited by Skooby; 01-26-2012, 02:10 PM.

Comment

• JCBills
                    • Jan 2010

Go Bills
                    With a FO that doesn't like moving picks, I'm not sure how this is all that relevant of a discussion, seeing how we have it every year.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                      Skoobasaurus-Rex
                      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by JCBills
                      With a FO that doesn't like moving picks, I'm not sure how this is all that relevant of a discussion, seeing how we have it every year.
                      The GM announced they're going to be much more aggressive, so that means we might just get someone partially obscure versus completely obscure.
                      Last edited by Skooby; 01-26-2012, 02:18 PM.

Comment

• JCBills
                        • Jan 2010

The GM announced they're going to be much more aggressive, so that means we might just get someone partially obscure versus completely obscure.
                        I'm pretty sure that was in relation to FA.

There isn't a need to bet the farm to move up picks. It costs too much, and we need all the players we can get.

Fitz is still probably their starter for 2012. Get a QB to develop behind him, even if it is only for half of a season.

Comment

• k-oneputt
                          • Jun 2009

I think everyone damn well knows that the Bills will not be trading up to the 1st or 2nd pick to take a qb.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                            • Mar 2004

It's been a QB based league for 50 years.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                              Buffalo Bills Fan
                              • Sep 2003

Williams...McGahee...Losman...Lynch...Whitner...McCargo...McKelvin...Spiller...Richardson?

The highlight of a Bills' season for several years has occurred in April - the dropped jaw, the gaping mouth, the stunned silence, finally broken by a hearty WTF !!!!!???!!!

:*****slap:
                              Last edited by stuckincincy; 01-26-2012, 04:38 PM.
                              Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

Working...
                              X